SUSS July 2014 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

huiwangzi

Reaction score
Hihi, yes its still a eca mod. Is it tough? My computer skill not that good but no choice have to take cos its complusory

In my opinion, still alright. Once you have time go thru the steps to how to assign projects and do those charts with Microsoft Project, I tink still manageable.

ecstatic

Reaction score
I thought of collecting my materials today.
Forgot its orientation day.

Will it really be that crowded?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I thought of collecting my materials today.
Forgot its orientation day.

Will it really be that crowded?

Definitely will have more people. Today also half-day as well.

Last year I went on a Saturday, no orientation, need to queue for quite a while.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I think it's more like school budgeting to save costs...

I wonder if this cost is parked under administrative expenses in their financial statements

If yes, then a full picture is seen

Last edited:

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this cost is parked under administrative expenses in their financial statements

If yes, then a full picture is seen

I'm not from accounting background, but I believe the school fees that we pay is more than sufficient to cover the cost of the physical textbooks...

orinyori

Reaction score
Seriously, we should be glad that the textbooks are provided in the first place. I personally prefer physicaly textbooks too, but etextbooks have its benefits too. Students in other uni including NUS, NTU, SIM GE have been buying textbooks on their own even though their school fees can also cover the costs of the textbooks. I am not happy that physical textbooks would no longer be providing moving forward, but I’m not complaining and I’m still grateful that at least etextbooks would be provided. There are even secondary schools in Singapore that have students buying etextbooks instead of physical textbooks because this is the current trend.

Seriously, just move on and study instead of complaining and thinking of all the changes. If you simply hate the changes and cannot adapt to them, remove yourself from the situation and just leave. It’s the same when you are working, you would not see any organisation that is stagnant for 20-30 years. You either adapt to the industrial and global changes or you will be replaced.

buttercracker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually i personally glad of the ebook announcement, i have invested in a good laptop because they have made the official announcement.

SolarPanel

Reaction score
Seriously, just move on and study instead of complaining and thinking of all the changes. If you simply hate the changes and cannot adapt to them, remove yourself from the situation and just leave. It’s the same when you are working, you would not see any organisation that is stagnant for 20-30 years. You either adapt to the industrial and global changes or you will be replaced.

You fail to recognize that at work, you can simply call it a day, throw everything aside and leave. But can you do so when it comes to education? Sure you can, if you have the money (for education) to burn.

Now, by quoting your words "remove yourself from the situation and leave", we all can leave without doubt. But what about the recover the time dedicated and money spent? I am dead sure your next response will be "oh, since you know it then stop complaining and move on".

I am done with this place. Explaining further has no meaning.

Last edited:

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually i personally glad of the ebook announcement, i have invested in a good laptop because they have made the official announcement.

I dun like reading e books on laptops or tablets, it's a strain on the eye in the long run...

The best is still a physical textbook. Or at least, let students have a choice of e textbook or physical book.

I have a friend who had to buy the module textbook from publisher as he didn't like reading on computers /tablets.

buttercracker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dun like reading e books on laptops or tablets, it's a strain on the eye in the long run...

The best is still a physical textbook. Or at least, let students have a choice of e textbook or physical book.

I have a friend who had to buy the module textbook from publisher as he didn't like reading on computers /tablets.
i think it's more of a headache half physical half e book or one semester physical one semester e book. When it was physical, i use a good backpack for work everyday and carried my textbook all around to do revision. If e book i buy a good laptop master the software, get all necessary accessories. To me keeping my sense of locus of control is more important than having a high GPA.if i lose locus of control to get high GPA, it doesnt make sense to me at all.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
For me I only use the textbook mainly during open book exam

Besides I heard physical textbook is retained for L3 modules

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.