unisim part time time bsc biz duration and Jan 2016 registration

toucancan

Reaction score
Has anyone started applying for jan 2016 intake? When will we know we're accepted. I am considering bsc biz part time in unisim.

Also for part time bsc biZ can the degree be completed in three years without bridging course?

cherrygal58

Reaction score
Hey im in need of advice. I graduated from SP with a diploma in tourism and resort management (under school of business) last month. My gpa is 3.5 and i was rejected by smu and ntu (the only 2 local uni that i applied for).

Due to financial issues, my family cannot afford to pay for any of my university fees (SIM global/unisim). Right now im feeling really lost because i dont know what i wanna do in life. Everyone around me tells me a degree is important in order to survive in singapore.

I really wanna get into UOL bachelor of science (honours) in business and management but it's too ex. Im not sure how bank loans work though. Please let me know if you have any information about this!*

My other choice would be to go to unisim (bachelor in business mgmt). But before that i would definitely need to work for at least 2 years 1st before i can pay for the school fees ($15k for 3 years after govt subsidy).

Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks in advance.

Meteor_strike

Reaction score
cherrygal58:
For bank loan, you might want to check out with each individual banks on their interest rate and repayment period. Some bank due have interest free period for maybe 3 months?

Judging from your username, I inferred that you are a girl.

For UniSIM, you need be at least 21 years old. If not yet 21, then you can work and save money for uni. If you are 21 already, you can also apply provided that you are working full-time.

For UniSIM, you only pay for the modules that you take during the semester, so maybe around 2.5 to 2.8k max. (Using my own school fees as a reference since I am in business school).
The above will pay for 1 ucore and 20cu unit modules (around 4 modules; and the above combination is the max load).

On average, you need set aside around $500 a month for school fees, to pay for any other miscellaneous fees that you might incurred.
($500 per month if take max cu load per sem, and graduate in 3 years time)

Of course, if you take less module per sem, you will naturally pay less per sem. But you will graduate later.

Best part of UniSIM is you can use PSEA. So if you have PSEA, you can use it to offset the tution fee. (But you have to pay first, before claiming it back from MOE)

For UOL, you might want to check if they do offer part-time

But no matter which route you take, please plan your finances in advance to avoid dropping out due to $ matters

And one last thing: DON'T HIJACK OTHER PEOPLE THREAD.

toucancan:
Assume no retake, all the sems all full load with 1 ucore (for first 4 sem), possible. I was notified by end May for July intake, so maybe end Nov?

Last edited:

cherrygal58

Reaction score
cherrygal58:
For bank loan, you might want to check out with each individual banks on their interest rate and repayment period. Some bank due have interest free period for maybe 3 months?

Judging from your username, I inferred that you are a girl.

For UniSIM, you need be at least 21 years old. If not yet 21, then you can work and save money for uni. If you are 21 already, you can also apply provided that you are working full-time.

For UniSIM, you only pay for the modules that you take during the semester, so maybe around 2.5 to 2.8k max. (Using my own school fees as a reference since I am in business school).
The above will pay for 1 ucore and 20cu unit modules (around 4 modules; and the above combination is the max load).

On average, you need set aside around $500 a month for school fees, to pay for any other miscellaneous fees that you might incurred.
($500 per month if take max cu load per sem, and graduate in 3 years time)

Of course, if you take less module per sem, you will naturally pay less per sem. But you will graduate later.

Best part of UniSIM is you can use PSEA. So if you have PSEA, you can use it to offset the tution fee. (But you have to pay first, before claiming it back from MOE)

For UOL, you might want to check if they do offer part-time

But no matter which route you take, please plan your finances in advance to avoid dropping out due to $ matters

And one last thing: DON'T HIJACK OTHER PEOPLE THREAD.

toucancan:
Assume no retake, all the sems all full load with 1 ucore (for first 4 sem), possible. I was notified by end May for July intake, so maybe end Nov?
Hey firstly im sorry im new to this website. I didnt know that you could "hijack other people's thread". Im still not too sure how this thing works but im desperate for advice. I really appreciate your advice! :)

Yes im a girl and im turning 21 next year. My psea account is currently $0 cos i used it to pay for my poly fees. UOL offers part time courses too but it's still ex. So now im only considering unisim.

Do you think a basic degree in business mgmt is enough?? What is the age range of the people studying part time in this course? Are you also working full time right now and able you able to cope??

Sorry for asking so much haaha

Meteor_strike

Reaction score
Hey firstly im sorry im new to this website. I didnt know that you could "hijack other people's thread". Im still not too sure how this thing works but im desperate for advice. I really appreciate your advice! :)

Yes im a girl and im turning 21 next year. My psea account is currently $0 cos i used it to pay for my poly fees. UOL offers part time courses too but it's still ex. So now im only considering unisim.

Do you think a basic degree in business mgmt is enough?? What is the age range of the people studying part time in this course? Are you also working full time right now and able you able to cope??

Sorry for asking so much haaha

Depends. I personally haven't started school yet. Just enrolled into this year July sem. Age range is usually 25-28, based on what the interviewer told me. But there is a trend of younger students going on.
A basic degree is good enough for private sector, I guess since private sector mainly see your performance. Gov sector will be highly depend on your qualification.

If you ask if one able to cope, it will highly depend on your job scope and other commitment. If too much commitment, naturally you won't be able to cope. But the good thing is you can decided how much load to take, so you can cope when you start school

cherrygal58

Reaction score
Depends. I personally haven't started school yet. Just enrolled into this year July sem. Age range is usually 25-28, based on what the interviewer told me. But there is a trend of younger students going on.
A basic degree is good enough for private sector, I guess since private sector mainly see your performance. Gov sector will be highly depend on your qualification.

If you ask if one able to cope, it will highly depend on your job scope and other commitment. If too much commitment, naturally you won't be able to cope. But the good thing is you can decided how much load to take, so you can cope when you start school
I see.. Thanks so much for the info! Have fun in school hahaa.

xiaokailan

Reaction score
I see.. Thanks so much for the info! Have fun in school hahaa.
Biz mgmt degrees is a big cohort. You can have course mates ranging from 25 to 407. Each class about 30 ppl and some modules even hv up to 15 T groups. The degree modules involve largely group based assignments and exam but not all.

Sent from yo ah yo using GAGT

Hpsg50

Reaction score
Hey im in need of advice. I graduated from SP with a diploma in tourism and resort management (under school of business) last month. My gpa is 3.5 and i was rejected by smu and ntu (the only 2 local uni that i applied for).

Due to financial issues, my family cannot afford to pay for any of my university fees (SIM global/unisim). Right now im feeling really lost because i dont know what i wanna do in life. Everyone around me tells me a degree is important in order to survive in singapore.

I really wanna get into UOL bachelor of science (honours) in business and management but it's too ex. Im not sure how bank loans work though. Please let me know if you have any information about this!*

My other choice would be to go to unisim (bachelor in business mgmt). But before that i would definitely need to work for at least 2 years 1st before i can pay for the school fees ($15k for 3 years after govt subsidy).

Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks in advance.

cherrygal you can go to unisim website and check out the details for MOE study loan. It's not a bad deal. Basically you can loan up to 90% of fees and pay 10 %. You repay after you graduate and interest will be charged after graduation. My advice for you would be not to overburden yourself with too many modules and pace yourself. Time management is essential especially if you're working and doing it part time but you can also try the full time courses if you want to experience Campus life and all that. Places for Full time courses have been quite competitive but who knows you might get a place.

jessica_92

Reaction score
Has anyone started applying for jan 2016 intake? When will we know we're accepted. I am considering bsc biz part time in unisim.

Also for part time bsc biZ can the degree be completed in three years without bridging course?
hi, i applied for part time marketing. i just got a sms and email today asking me to register for interview date!

Gawddez

Reaction score
BSBZ Jan 2016 intake

Anyone accepted for part time Business Bsbz?
Also if there are seniors here, can I check what module should I start first besides Business Skills and Management?
I'm thinking of taking
Term 1 :
A) business skills and management
B) Statistics

Term 2
A) business excellence
B) quantitative methods

Is it too tough for starting. I thought of starting slow. Coz haven't study for the past 10 years

chobits

Reaction score
Anyone accepted for part time Business Bsbz?
Also if there are seniors here, can I check what module should I start first besides Business Skills and Management?
I'm thinking of taking
Term 1 :
A) business skills and management
B) Statistics

Term 2
A) business excellence
B) quantitative methods

Is it too tough for starting. I thought of starting slow. Coz haven't study for the past 10 years

Hi Gawddez, if you can afford to put in between 3 to 5 hours per week studying, that workload is ok. I am just finishing my 2nd semester after 10 years of not studying too. 4 modules were too much for me and I wasn't prepared to put in that amount of time to study consistently initially

badut98

Reaction score
Hi Gawddez, if you can afford to put in between 3 to 5 hours per week studying, that workload is ok. I am just finishing my 2nd semester after 10 years of not studying too. 4 modules were too much for me and I wasn't prepared to put in that amount of time to study consistently initially

Hi

STATS are exam.now.. not that easy u muat know it well
QUantative Methods shld be easy to score

Gawddez

Reaction score
Hi

STATS are exam.now.. not that easy u muat know it well
QUantative Methods shld be easy to score

They gave me quantative to choose but i thought i will choose it during 2nd semester.. Im not taking any ucore for the first semester.. is there any ucore which are easy to score?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.