UNIVERSITY ADMISSION APPEAL 2015

littlecredits

Reaction score
Yep, me. Planning to appeal to NUS FASS.
Just wondering, they rejected me because they have already given out all their vacancies, which MIGHT be held by people who may still be undecided over their offers, right??
So do I even stand a chance for a successful appeal?

sparksflyyy

Reaction score
Just wondering, they rejected me because they have already given out all their vacancies, which MIGHT be held by people who may still be undecided over their offers, right??

I am hoping for such a scenario too. I believe that slots should be opening up as people are accepting their desired offer. I know of friends who are giving up their fass spots. hopefully,you will get the spot :)

Meanwhile, are you accepting any of your other offers?

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score

Just like what they have stated on the website. they will not consider you for the course that you have been rejected. Most likely they already have a Cut-off grade that is being set internally. so those who appeal and meet the cut-off, will be accepted. Since you have been rejected, that means you have already failed the cut-off.

littlecredits

Reaction score
I am hoping for such a scenario too. I believe that slots should be opening up as people are accepting their desired offer. I know of friends who are giving up their fass spots. hopefully,you will get the spot :)

Meanwhile, are you accepting any of your other offers?
Thanks for the assurance! I really hope they will give up their spots too!
I have an offer for NTU PPGA so I will be accepting that first.
What about you?

sparksflyyy

Reaction score
Just like what they have stated on the website. they will not consider you for the course that you have been rejected. Most likely they already have a Cut-off grade that is being set internally. so those who appeal and meet the cut-off, will be accepted. Since you have been rejected, that means you have already failed the cut-off.

Can i clarify with you regarding what do you mean by internal cut off? wouldnt the university give the spot to someone else if there are vacancies leftover after 1 June?

Last edited:

sparksflyyy

Reaction score
Thanks for the assurance! I really hope they will give up their spots too!
I have an offer for NTU PPGA so I will be accepting that first.
What about you?

I have yet to settle down on which offer I am going to accept. But, I am appealing for NTU PPGA course. I am very surprised that you didnt get into nus fass. I got a spot in nus fass but got rejected from PPGA ))):

littlecredits

Reaction score
I have yet to settle down on which offer I am going to accept. But, I am appealing for NTU PPGA course. I am very surprised that you didnt get into nus fass. I got a spot in nus fass but got rejected from PPGA ))):
OMG we should just totally exchange courses!! Haha!
I'm leaning towards geography, that's why I wanna enter fass.
I wish both of our appeals luck! :)

slayerfin

Reaction score
I got 86.25rp and made a grave decision of not utilising my choices properly. Right now, I currently have no university that is willing to accept me. I am going to appeal to nus. Probably FoS . chances of me getting into it?

sparksflyyy

Reaction score
I got 86.25rp and made a grave decision of not utilising my choices properly. Right now, I currently have no university that is willing to accept me. I am going to appeal to nus. Probably FoS . chances of me getting into it?

what choices did you opt in the first round? Did you just opt for courses such as med, dentistry, etc?

in my opinion, you stand a really good chance in getting into fos as your uap is way above the 10th percentile igp of last year. I know of people who got in with less than 80 uap in the first round. However, in the appeal round, it really boils down to number of vacancies available. just write a good appeal letter and hope for the best! :)

slayerfin

Reaction score
what choices did you opt in the first round? Did you just opt for courses such as med, dentistry, etc?

in my opinion, you stand a really good chance in getting into fos as your uap is way above the 10th percentile igp of last year. I know of people who got in with less than 80 uap in the first round. However, in the appeal round, it really boils down to number of vacancies available. just write a good appeal letter and hope for the best! :)

Yup, something like that. Put competitive courses and didn't get in. Really need to get into a uni. So hope for the best

Imoemo

Reaction score
Hi, I am appealing to NTU acc.
Jus wanted to ask if I had not meet the 10th percentile for NTU acc, will my chance of successful appeal be very slim?

Gowhek12

Reaction score
I wanna ask if my chances of appealing into NUS FOS is very slim. I met the 10th percentile last year. However I went to the DA interview and got rejected. Most likely because I put life sciences as my first major but I got a C for bio which is my poorest h2. Chem and math I got both Bs. The interviewers also asked me why. I guess my answer didn't manage to convince them. So if I appeal into FOS will I stand a very slim chance?

sparksflyyy

Reaction score
Hi, I am appealing to NTU acc.
Jus wanted to ask if I had not meet the 10th percentile for NTU acc, will my chance of successful appeal be very slim?

I would say that my friends who got into ntu accountancy got really good grades. You may want to consider appealing to business which have a slightly lower 10th percentile igp last year and also a larger cohort size?

Alternatively, you should try getting into smu accountancy if you are really interested in pursuing accountancy. If I am not wrong, the 10th percentile igp for smu last year is lower than ntu.

All the best!

sparksflyyy

Reaction score
I wanna ask if my chances of appealing into NUS FOS is very slim. I met the 10th percentile last year. However I went to the DA interview and got rejected. Most likely because I put life sciences as my first major but I got a C for bio which is my poorest h2. Chem and math I got both Bs. The interviewers also asked me why. I guess my answer didn't manage to convince them. So if I appeal into FOS will I stand a very slim chance?

I believe the igp cut off had increased this year if you got called down for DA interview. However, if you are really interested in pursuing science at the undergrad level, there is no harm appealing! That being said, do have a backup plan in case your appeal is unsuccessful. I would say that being rejected after DA interview will probably mean that you are at the losing end as compared to other people who did not had DA interview in the first round.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.