HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

UNIVERSITY AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION EXPERIENCE SHARING

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #46

The issue here is clearly one of integration the university that my fellow passenger had attended had completely failed him in this respect. Dominic Scott, chief executive of the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA), says the attention universities pay to integration is patchy but that the rise in student satisfaction surveys over the past two to three years is creating awareness of the issues and in many institutions additional efforts are now being made. "Many recognise that it is very important that integration takes place within the first few weeks. If students haven't found other international and UK friends by then, it may well not happen for them at all during the rest of the year.
This is absolutely true (but i can't conclude that all UK unis are like that lah). The orientation and induction programme for international students is appalling. You generally get the impression that after you signed your matriculation papers and paid your fees, the uni totally forgets all about you. Never mind that you came here thousands of miles over just to get a taste of their educational lifestyle. It all seemed just to boil down to money, just money. And it doesn't help much that the British aren't exactly known for being racially tolerant or receptive. Even my prof remarked that 'here we have a whole treasure trove of international networking opportunities and we're nonchalantly throwing it all away by letting it slip through our fingers.'
newkidontheblock likes this.
Potatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #47

Hi, I need advice for a choice between Psychology courses in Kaplan University and EASB. The reason I am torn between these 2 choices is cause Kaplan offer diploma of counseling and EASB offer diploma of psychology. I can't decide between this 2 courses.
Please help! Thank you!!
newkidontheblock likes this.
blairetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 11:14 PM   #48

Further study

Dear all,
I am currently studying in UOL- Accounting and finance cert. Was thinking of further studying in Law and Taxation modules, after my completion in UOL. Any recommendation in which uni I can go for? Most probably will be doing it as part-time.
loveade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 05:19 PM   #49

Question Any thoughts on short professional courses?

Recently received $500 credit from government to take short courses, did a quick search and realize actually the 500 can be used to take couple of courses if choose wisely. Was thinking of getting a certificate.

Anyone have experience with yanacademy.com? seems having quite a number of short courses.
telematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:35 PM   #50

NTU - Mechanical Engineering with Minor in business

Vs

SIT-TUM - Electrical Engineering and Information Technology

Which one?? 😥
infinitizeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:34 PM   #51

Smile

Vs

Which one?? 😥
Hi! I saw your posts on the other group. I think it'll be good to ask yourself what do you really want? Like honestly asking yourself who are you? What really excites you if you do it on a constant manner? At the end of the day, what suggestions given by us will not be helpful enough and, I think the course names are straight forward enough to tell you what will you be studying? Haha. Good Luck! Hope my words can settle you down (:
Tommy@HGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #52

NTU VS SIT-TUM

Vs

Which one?? ��
Hi, I just want to help you in choosing university with regards to NTU.
If you want to picture out here are some special moments I’d like to share about NTU experiences.
digitalsenior.sg/5-things-i-experienced-for-the-first-time-in-ntu

and if you have decided to get into a Course of your Choice in NTU even with bad A-level grades here is a guide that may help you on your journey of transferring courses.

Last edited by April85; 26-05-2016 at 05:00 PM..
April85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.