Panasonic Lumix ZS100 / TZ100 VS Canon PowerShot G7 X II

passtome

Reaction score
Kindly advise me this 2 cameras and comment.
Please also let me know where can get cheaper.
Thanks.

manujamwal

Reaction score
According to me, personally, I prefer canon camera. Because it has very nice quality and I always prefer canon. You can buy it from Courts, Lazada or ebay store. ebay is offering 50% off on digital cameras.

cdrom85

Reaction score
TZ100 doesnt have the best feedback about its quality control. G7x II is better, chiefly because I like Canon colours, and logically there should be less compromises required to make a 24-100mm lens than a 25-250mm lens.

Do consider checking out T K Foto in Plaza Singapura or MS Color in AMK. Google their names to get their phone numbers and call ahead to get what should be a fairly competitive quote if you intend to pay in cash.

tsammyc

Reaction score
I've been using the TZ110 (the TZ100 model sold in Singapore) for close to a year. Frankly, most of the 1 inch sensor cameras are pretty similar in image quality. Previously I had the RX100 III. I also have a few other cameras including a SLR so I'm pretty familiar with advanced shooting.

The TZ100 is a game changer and there is nothing like it that reaches 250mm. Although the EVF is a little small, it works well and at least it has one! It focuses fast and has 4k video. It also has a 4k photo mode for action shots where you can isolate a frame in perfect sharpness from a 4k video stream. I'm sure the Powershot G7X is a good camera, but as I said before, its pretty much the same as the RX100 series in capability. The TZ100 has the same form factor and the 250mm is serious reach.

For my needs, which is a pocketable general use travel camera, the TZ100 is unique and can't be beat.

passtome

Reaction score
I've been using the TZ110 (the TZ100 model sold in Singapore) for close to a year. Frankly, most of the 1 inch sensor cameras are pretty similar in image quality. Previously I had the RX100 III. I also have a few other cameras including a SLR so I'm pretty familiar with advanced shooting.

The TZ100 is a game changer and there is nothing like it that reaches 250mm. Although the EVF is a little small, it works well and at least it has one! It focuses fast and has 4k video. It also has a 4k photo mode for action shots where you can isolate a frame in perfect sharpness from a 4k video stream. I'm sure the Powershot G7X is a good camera, but as I said before, its pretty much the same as the RX100 series in capability. The TZ100 has the same form factor and the 250mm is serious reach.

For my needs, which is a pocketable general use travel camera, the TZ100 is unique and can't be beat.

Thanks for your info. As spoken with other shop, they recommend another model Panasonic DMC-LX10, the performance better than Canon and come with Leica lens

i.serious

Reaction score
Blackmagic micro Cam

Hi all, Just checking on the blackmagic mircro cinema cam, is it worth the money to purchase for its functions??

any advise?

bomerman

Reaction score
Thanks for your info. As spoken with other shop, they recommend another model Panasonic DMC-LX10, the performance better than Canon and come with Leica lens

Hi Bro so which one did you get? LX10 or TZ 100. I am struggling to decide between this 2 models.

SilverKylin

Reaction score
Hi Bro so which one did you get? LX10 or TZ 100. I am struggling to decide between this 2 models.

TZ100 is unique and the first of its kind. If you are looking for a pocketable camera with large zoom and decent quality (1" sensor), there is no other choice beside TZ100 and TZ200 in the market.

If you don't need large zoom and want a general camera, any other competitors has better lens.

If you don't need 1" sensor and pocketability, then don't even bother to look at this category, they sacrifice too much for the small size and 1".

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get canon because of lower aperture.

Aperture is lower on Canon because its not exactly a zoom camera. Between the 2 I am indifferent to the image quality, but I will choose TZ110 because it is more versatile when traveling with up to 10x zoom to play with.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like not alot of users of TZ110.

I think in the first place, there isn't a lot of camera users, especially point and shoot ones. Most people feel mobile phone cameras are good enough, which I don't agree.

As mentioned, Panasonic is a brand that most people tend to overlook. I've used their FZ100 and now the TZ110, and I am happy with the quality. Most people tend to favor Sony cause it is perceived as a better brand. Between the older RX 100 Mark V and the TZ110, to me the former is better for the auto focus but less impressive as an all rounder camera especially with the limited zoom. Couple with the hefty price tag, it made it easy for me to decide on the TZ110.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.