Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Pentax Price List (Singapore)

Like Tree2Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #286
Supremacy Member

for the first time saw hwz reviewing on pentax cam.
Pentax K-01 Review - HardwareZone.com
Gribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #287
Master Member

well I won't be dumb to pay over 3k for a piece of crap on 1 yr warranty though! So you are the 60% that kena sway over and you are also one of those brand buyers kena sway over too hahahaha gd luck super white!
I'm having a good chuckle at your rhetoric on "warranty" and your self determined 30% equipment depreciation rate.

While fully aware of planned obsolescence, allow me to bring to your attention that modern DSLRs are consistently the most durable and reliable electronics. As long as you do not physically mistreat them, lenses and DSLR bodies will last a long time. Shutter counts of over 100k are not rare on professional bodies and most are tested over 100k to 200k cycles, and note they are not rated to fail at that number, only tested to reach that number.

If you're so worried about warranty, I suggest you get your sights off the 2nd hand market, head straight out to harvey norman or courts and pay the SRP/RRP and buy your precious extended warranty.

I'll be right here, perfectly happy with my 1985 minolta lenses.
joshua182 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #288
Supremacy Member

I'm having a good chuckle at your rhetoric on "warranty" and your self determined 30% equipment depreciation rate.

While fully aware of planned obsolescence, allow me to bring to your attention that modern DSLRs are consistently the most durable and reliable electronics. As long as you do not physically mistreat them, lenses and DSLR bodies will last a long time. Shutter counts of over 100k are not rare on professional bodies and most are tested over 100k to 200k cycles, and note they are not rated to fail at that number, only tested to reach that number.

If you're so worried about warranty, I suggest you get your sights off the 2nd hand market, head straight out to harvey norman or courts and pay the SRP/RRP and buy your precious extended warranty.

I'll be right here, perfectly happy with my 1985 minolta lenses.
chill man. Having warranty is always better than none.
Gribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #289

chill man. Having warranty is always better than none.
I'm giggling back at him having his 1985 minolta lens whereby now and future there will be even more sophisticated lens as tech progresses. Why I pay 15 to 20 per cent less for a used lens unless the used ones are one mth or 2 old if not it won't worth anything more and I rather get a new ones. I've scout pentax bns recently and found some guys selling at good rate for a warranty ones or not but some are riduculous and even worth more of your chuckles
Old 23-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #290
Master Member

I'm giggling back at him having his 1985 minolta lens whereby now and future there will be even more sophisticated lens as tech progresses. Why I pay 15 to 20 per cent less for a used lens unless the used ones are one mth or 2 old if not it won't worth anything more and I rather get a new ones. I've scout pentax bns recently and found some guys selling at good rate for a warranty ones or not but some are riduculous and even worth more of your chuckles
more sophisticated lenses? tell me when was the last lens revolution?

Here is an example of a minolta lens.
Minolta*AF 70-210 F4 (beercan)*2555-110 lens for Sony Alpha - Minolta camera mount

aiya go get your precious warranty new la why buy 2nd hand? new got FULL 1-3 years warranty lei!
joshua182 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #291

when was what? when was an F4 lens become F2.8? That not fast how fast you want then, anything you bring to pawn shops or cash converter you be quoted 50% or 40 of usual price leh brother. Trust me la this kind of electronics products price drop like 911 airplane crash the building fall very fast.Comes and goes, I got my 18-135 for 10 days after KL I sell off 20% discount and if I hold till warranty over I sell 30% off thats why my things goes out fast and people happy I also happy.If you see one malay guy in CS trying to sell his tammy90 for 500 again you will giggle even more because he state unfill warranty but the lens already used for 0.5 yrs liao lor
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.