Question on making a good passport photo.

IndigoEyes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the correct column to ask.

I'll like to make a good passport photo to submit. I prefer taking it at home and submit. I don't like to take one in the shops or the building itself because no preview on how I look like there before they print out. Usually by the time I go out take photo, my hair all frizzy and sweaty which doesn't make me look nice.

After I took a photo on white background, I photoshopped away the shadows and made it pure white background. I tried to submit and pay online but cannot due to their new transaction rule system after december 2018 which I don't know how to do it. (I don't know what they mean by making an account.) So I decided that I'll just submit it through the form.

I went to a high quality photo shop (fuji) and printed it but the colour of the background is off-white. Slight yellowish due to the nature of the paper. I just want to make sure the photo won't be rejected because I don't want to be forced to take the photo at the building there. Is off-white allowed or must it be pure white?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just lasso and remove the background. Sure pass.

mssynice168

Reaction score
Since got camera phone, we always take own photo using hp to make passport.

Just renewed passport last month, use my 13 mpx hp to take, background is the abit yellowish wall. Make sure you follow the requirement fr their ICA website. Then use their website to trim and upload. First trial swee swee accepted.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alternatively, download IC Photo from app store.

IndigoEyes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the replies.
I reprinted in another shop with better quality photo paper. I think fuji one used old stock paper, that's why look yellow. Hopefully will accept one round because I going trip soon. If not need to cancel.

Currently, this one all checked.

- Hair behind ears. Both ears visible.
- Both eyebrows visible.
- No glasses.
- Even face lighting.
- Pure white background.
- Top of head and chin level followed their sample there.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.