HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[ADVISE]: Part-Time Diploma In Infocomm & Digital Media in NYP

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2017, 09:27 PM   #166

Well, for most of working adults who want to study for a degree, most will go for the part time degree route.

However, the university bridging course may require a full time commitment.

I am also not sure if part time local universities degree require a bridging course or not...
Calvin.Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2017, 08:05 AM   #167
Master Member

I know the course is cheap.. I mean the opportunity cost of not working if you continue for degree... part time degree ?
Yup, part time degree and at the moment I favor Australian system which consider poly diploma as year 1 so we just need to complete the rest of the core and elective modules to graduate.

Load of Australian universities is generally lighter and more suitable for working adults.
Old 19-04-2017, 06:25 PM   #168

Hi Melvin,

I cannot compare to the master of your class, I still have a lot to learn and study....haha

TS and anther classmate of ours are the so far the only students who is able to maintain GPA 4.0 consistently throughout our course of study.
Old 19-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #169
Master Member

Hi Melvin,

I cannot compare to the master of your class, I still have a lot to learn and study....haha

You're too humble.....
Both of you are good!
Old 17-09-2017, 01:38 PM   #170

Hi all,

Just want to bring to your attention that the new part-time diploma course in NYP will be starting soon in October. Those who are interested are encourage to apply.

Thanks!
Calvin Lee
Old 11-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #171
Master Member

Hi all,

Just want to bring to your attention that the new part-time diploma course in NYP will be starting soon in October. Those who are interested are encourage to apply.

Thanks!
Calvin Lee
It is a good course and a stepping stone for IT degree.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:14 PM   #172
Supremacy Member

It is a good course and a stepping stone for IT degree.
u studied for degree liao ? from where
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:07 AM   #173
Master Member

u studied for degree liao ? from where
Not yet enroll but I'm deciding between SIM and UniSIM (SUSS).
Old 30-10-2017, 06:31 PM   #174
Supremacy Member

It seems like Temasek Poly and Republic Poly has also came out with their own 2.5 year CET part-time IT course similar to this.

Might be good for those who feel NYP is too far from their workplace or home (for those in the East side)
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 09:14 PM   #175

Hi all,
I am 45 this year have only N level cert but I'm very interested and have great passion in IT network and system administration , looking to take up a course with the fastest and shortest way in order to meet up with my age. Any recommendations and advises ? My aim is to actually do freelance or start up my own business in future.

Last edited by danielgoh555; 30-10-2017 at 09:17 PM..
danielgoh555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 01:43 PM   #176

It is difficult to get a network admin job with a dipolma; most organisations need people with hand-on experience. Try to check out whether any poly will help with internship placement after you complete the course work. Hand on experience in a real life organisation will give you a head start
g2gcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 01:22 PM   #177

Hi all,
I am 45 this year have only N level cert but I'm very interested and have great passion in IT network and system administration , looking to take up a course with the fastest and shortest way in order to meet up with my age. Any recommendations and advises ? My aim is to actually do freelance or start up my own business in future.
If youíre gonna be doing freelance/ own business then why not just do it now? You donít need carts for the things u want to do
uniquely_ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #178

The problem is I have no skills and experience in this ...
danielgoh555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:10 PM   #179

It seems like Temasek Poly and Republic Poly has also came out with their own 2.5 year CET part-time IT course similar to this.

Might be good for those who feel NYP is too far from their workplace or home (for those in the East side)
Yes, I agree with you that those who stays in the East can now go to TP instead of coming all the way to NYP as both courses offer similar subjects.

Unlike during my time, there is only NYP which conducts those subjects.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:41 PM   #180

Hi all,
Hi,

I am glad to hear that someone of my age group shares the same kind of passion that I have for Networking and System Administration.

If that is your passion, then the part time diploma offer at NYP will fit you to a T!

Although there are now more than one Polytechnic offering the part time diploma course offered by NYP of the same name, NYP provides a comprehensive route for IT Networking and System Administration as you will learn both Windows and Linux administration and a full CCNA (in 4 subject in 4 MC with the added Networking bonus of CCNA Voice and CCMA Security) in the diploma.

There are very little programming subject besides the Linux Bash programming in the first MC (if you consider it a programming subject, i prefer to call it an enhancement to the Linux system administration subject in the second MC).

You will also get a chance to learn both Windows Server 2012 and LINUX administration in the course but you will have to do more if you want to pursue the MCSA/MCSE or LINUX certification route.

The security subjects taught in the course will prepare you for the CCNA Security subject in MC5 (on the security aspect, networking is covered by the CCNA subjects via MC1-4).

There are more practical subjects than theory based ones in the diploma course. ITSM, Info Security, Cloud Computing, Green Computing and Virtualisation & Data Centre are the theory based subjects. Although, Cloud Computing, Green Computing, Info Security and Virtualisation & Data Centre do have practical labs, only Virtualisation have an embedded lab test if I am not wrong.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.