HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

AERONAUTICAL @ SP

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2017, 07:43 AM   #16

For those enrolling this year, it is believed that aeronautical is the toughest engineering course in SP. That being said, you should still be able to do fine, if not well, through persistent hardwork. There are students from ite whom did really well in poly. All the best to you guys and remember that every submission/projects count.
Wonderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 09:56 AM   #17

Hi,rlly the toughest engineering course? I'm enrolling next month wah dun scare me leh HAHAH. I aim to go uni tho...hmmm hais

For those enrolling this year, it is believed that aeronautical is the toughest engineering course in SP. That being said, you should still be able to do fine, if not well, through persistent hardwork. There are students from ite whom did really well in poly. All the best to you guys and remember that every submission/projects count.
Bilal N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #18

Hi,rlly the toughest engineering course? I'm enrolling next month wah dun scare me leh HAHAH. I aim to go uni tho...hmmm hais
From what I know aeronautical most difficult to score among the engineering courses. Honestly if you ask me, you should go for an easier to score course since you aiming for uni. Cause if you want apply uni, high GPA comes first. And if other engineering students have higher GPA, then it would be tougher for yourself.
Old 23-03-2017, 02:23 PM   #19

I graduated from SP Aeronautical Eng in 2012. You need to have strong maths and physics background. Currently in NTU ME, final year. The good thing about SP DARE is you can go to any course in uni once you graduated from SP. And if you wish to continue the engineering path, NTU offers direct entry to 2nd year electrical & electronic/mechanical/aerospace engineering, subjected to your final GPA in SP.
Old 23-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #20

Wats yr gpa bro? I take e,amath but combined sci(phy,chem).is the course v hard??HAHAH DKY im so scared
Like you, I took e.math, a.math and combined science (phys & chem). First year is generally ok. Second year on is when you are introduced to major aircraft related modules. Try to strive for very high gpa during your first year. Subsequent years onwards, I have seen many of my peers including myself, the GPA starts to drop. Mods to look out for, Fundamentals of Flight, Aircraft Structures and Repair, Aircraft Systems, CAD. If these mods still exists. Hahaha
mudxblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 04:58 PM   #21

Oh i think still hv..just checked the modules.Thanks bro.Will keep a lookout on these modules.ATB for yr final year : ).

Like you, I took e.math, a.math and combined science (phys & chem). First year is generally ok. Second year on is when you are introduced to major aircraft related modules. Try to strive for very high gpa during your first year. Subsequent years onwards, I have seen many of my peers including myself, the GPA starts to drop. Mods to look out for, Fundamentals of Flight, Aircraft Structures and Repair, Aircraft Systems, CAD. If these mods still exists. Hahaha
Old 24-03-2017, 07:03 PM   #22

Oh yes it is

I think it's diploma in mechantronics and robotics.
Old 20-07-2017, 06:59 AM   #23

Rlly ?? Wah sian ... i think i took the wrong course then....FML la...but still possible rite? It's hard but through consistent hardwork , it'll pay off rite?? Do u have any frens frm aeronautical?
Yeap no doubt it's possible. Have to work hard every semester, try to always aim for 4.0. I know friends who go uni from SP DARE.
Old 28-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #24

Hi all! Interested in this course and would like to find out more. Does the course work consist of more theoretical or practical work? What kind of practical work can be expected?

Thanks in advance!
sighpie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 10:35 PM   #25

Hi all! Interested in this course and would like to find out more. Does the course work consist of more theoretical or practical work? What kind of practical work can be expected?

Thanks in advance!
The practical work is real.
The theoretical work is real.

That's all i can say.

If your theory is good, they will just give you harder optional advance modules.

From my point of view, DARE is one of the hardest course in sp engineering.
produde1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 08:32 AM   #26

The practical work is real.
The theoretical work is real.

That's all i can say.

If your theory is good, they will just give you harder optional advance modules.

From my point of view, DARE is one of the hardest course in sp engineering.
Are you from Aeronautical? Can share on the topics/ modules?
sighpie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2017, 09:44 AM   #27

Nope, I from deb, first year our modules almost same same. But 2nd year onwards we die. But aeronautical die more. Unless u are very good at mechanics and aircraft, i wouldn't recommend aeronautical.

But they always build the coolest stuff around.

Last edited by produde1999; 30-08-2017 at 09:49 AM..
produde1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 12:13 AM   #28

All I can say is that, AeroEng is the toughest course in Engineering sector.I wouldn't recommend you going unless you have very strong maths and engineering background. I mean like getting A for Additional Maths. Under school of MAE, it consists of DMRO,DME,DARE and few other. I'm from DME which focus more on Thermofluids,Mechanics,EngMaths,CADesign.With this listed core modules i mentioned,is the heaviest taught module. Sounded like some bombastic module which definetly gonna kill you badly. What's your taught of AeroEng now?
varietyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.