HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Diploma in HR by Human Capital Singapore (HCS)

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Banned

Diploma in HR by Human Capital Singapore (HCS)

www.hcs.com.sg

I previously have a diploma in accounting from a polytechnic and now have interest to study HR to become a hr staff instead.

Have working experience in accounting & admin jobs but don't have HR experience

Was looking through the list of schools that offer a diploma in HR. Don't want to take a degree 1st as its more expensive and I am still not sure if HR is really what I want yet

It seems that the cheapest is by SHRI and this HCS.

HCS is even shorter. In 5 months time you can complete the diploma course and HCS courses are recognised by WDA.

Anyone take this course by HCS before?

Is it recognised?

Did you manage to find a HR job after you complete the course?
silver_sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

www.hcs.com.sg

I previously have a diploma in accounting from a polytechnic and now have interest to study HR to become a hr staff instead.

Have working experience in accounting & admin jobs but don't have HR experience

Was looking through the list of schools that offer a diploma in HR. Don't want to take a degree 1st as its more expensive and I am still not sure if HR is really what I want yet
My understanding is in order to become a HR staff, you do not needs to have a HR certs.

What can help you is working experience or chance to become 1 since you do not have any HR working experience.

But I can tell you that no point study Pte Dip in HR cause your Poly Dip in Acct can help you much more to increase your chance to become a HR staff.

It seems that the cheapest is by SHRI and this HCS.

HCS is even shorter. In 5 months time you can complete the diploma course and HCS courses are recognised by WDA.
Anyone take this course by HCS before?

Is it recognised?

Did you manage to find a HR job after you complete the course?[/QUOTE]

I did not take HCS or SHRI before but HSC is not that recognized compare to SHRI.

At least SHRI, employer will consider to give you a chance over HCS but still Poly Dip win both of them.
Kyoji83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
Banned

[QUOTE=Kyoji83;58198125]My understanding is in order to become a HR staff, you do not needs to have a HR certs.

What can help you is working experience or chance to become 1 since you do not have any HR working experience.

But I can tell you that no point study Pte Dip in HR cause your Poly Dip in Acct can help you much more to increase your chance to become a HR staff.

But I never study HR before so I don't know the employment act etc so I don't think employers will even give me a chance lor..
Old 01-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

1) Do your homework from MOM website.

2) HR have a lot of area such as recruitment. Go to become a recruitment staff at those recruitment company (mostly can get in with your Poly Dip) to build to experiences to jump ship.

Kyoji83 wrote: My understanding is in order to become a HR staff, you do not needs to have a HR certs.

But I never study HR before so I don't know the employment act etc so I don't think employers will even give me a chance lor..
Old 01-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
Banned

1) Do your homework from MOM website.

2) HR have a lot of area such as recruitment. Go to become a recruitment staff at those recruitment company (mostly can get in with your Poly Dip) to build to experiences to jump ship.
I got no experience doing recruitment and sales before lah so I can;t even join as recruitment staff at those recruitment company
Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you're really into HR, you can checkout this school by SHRI. Their diploma programmes are claimabled under SDF and SRP ...

http://www.shri.org.sg/_shriacad_dbhrm_pt.asp

This link below will show you their full programmes list
http://www.shri.org.sg/_shriacad_proglist.asp

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/el...r-4131460.html
PsyNidE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

Have you even try before in the first place?

They take in fresh graduate cause recruitment staff in recruitment companies do not need to have experience in recruitment & sales.

If you needs to have monthly salary, as long as you have Govt Cert like Poly Dip, local uni degree & etc can work liao. Mostly take you in.

If freelance base on commission, some even GCE N can also enter & confirm take you in.

So, ask you do homework 1st before you point here & there cause if you are not going to help yourself, how can we help you or why should we even want to help you?

I got no experience doing recruitment and sales before lah so I can;t even join as recruitment staff at those recruitment company

Last edited by Kyoji83; 02-08-2011 at 08:16 PM..
Old 02-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
Banned

Have you even try before in the first place?

They take in fresh graduate cause recruitment staff in recruitment companies do not need to have experience in recruitment & sales.

If you needs to have monthly salary, as long as you have Govt Cert like Poly Dip, local uni degree & etc can work liao. Mostly take you in.

If freelance base on commission, some even GCE N can also enter & confirm take you in.

So, ask you do homework 1st before you point here & there cause if you are not going to help yourself, how can we help you or why should we even want to help you?
Tried before lah they never accept me after the interview because I got no sales experience.

Those job ads that say that don't need experience are all bull ****ting you.

2 people go for the interview, 1 got experiece the other person don't have.

They straight away chose the 1 with working experience and it must be related experience
Old 02-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

This is standard.

But when you go for interview, mostly is only you are the only interviewee.

Maybe the way you answer for interview is wrong such as are you able to commit for OT & etc?

Tried before lah they never accept me after the interview because I got no sales experience.

Those job ads that say that don't need experience are all bull ****ting you.

2 people go for the interview, 1 got experiece the other person don't have.

They straight away chose the 1 with working experience and it must be related experience
Old 03-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
High Supremacy Member

Ts, I am also interested in working hr department but I only have ntc-2 in electronic. So I am going try by working as hr assistant while studying part time diploma.
es0teric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #11
Banned

Ts, I am also interested in working hr department but I only have ntc-2 in electronic. So I am going try by working as hr assistant while studying part time diploma.
Tell me when you manage to find a hr assistant job...
Old 04-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #12
High Supremacy Member

Tell me when you manage to find a hr assistant job...
It won't be so soon.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

Ts, I am also interested in working hr department but I only have ntc-2 in electronic.
Hard cause not related.

So I am going try by working as hr assistant while studying part time diploma.
Super hard cause you cannot committed to the job (unless part time or freelance).
Old 04-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #14
High Supremacy Member

Hard cause not related.

Super hard cause you cannot committed to the job (unless part time or freelance).
I don't mind a low pay. Even though it's not related, some company requirement on GCE O level. O level also doesn't have anything related. I just want to have a working experience in HR. Even though it's hard, never try never know.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

GCE O is more for part time or freelance.

If you don't mind low pay, go for part time first.

Eg:http://sg.jobsdb.com/SG/EN/Search/Jo...00003000590798

I don't mind a low pay. Even though it's not related, some company requirement on GCE O level. O level also doesn't have anything related. I just want to have a working experience in HR. Even though it's hard, never try never know.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.