Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Engineering mathematics

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2017, 12:51 AM   #1
Master Member

Engineering mathematics

Any yeat 1 facing issues with the physics type of maths and engineering maths in poly?

Got no o lv background and I find it hard to cope

Sent from 1000char using GAGT
rollanddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 11:57 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any yeat 1 facing issues with the physics type of maths and engineering maths in poly?

Which topic? Differentiation/Integration is the easiest already. I took A.Math so I aced all my engineering math modules. Try to practise more

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT
SotongLove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 03:21 AM   #3
Master Member

Which topic? Differentiation/Integration is the easiest already. I took A.Math so I aced all my engineering math modules. Try to practise more

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT
Yea... Require lots of self study

Old 20-05-2017, 05:49 PM   #4

You from ITE previously?
ksrokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 12:25 AM   #5
Master Member

You from ITE previously?
Yes.

Old 22-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #6

U in wat poly & course?

Bilal N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 07:57 AM   #7

Yes.

Same here also from ITE to poly, but i graduated 4 years ago, can always ask your lecturer or your classmates for assistance in the maths whenever needed should be alright.have you done your first maths test?
ksrokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 08:59 AM   #8
Master Member

U in wat poly & course?
Electronics n computer engg
Same here also from ITE to poly, but i graduated 4 years ago, can always ask your lecturer or your classmates for assistance in the maths whenever needed should be alright.have you done your first maths test?
Maths quiz, 10% weightage. I think i screwed up big time. I don't really unds what my lecturer is explaining....

Old 23-05-2017, 09:34 AM   #9

Electronics n computer engg

Maths quiz, 10% weightage. I think i screwed up big time. I don't really unds what my lecturer is explaining....

Last time you in ITE study ICT/IT program?
Old 23-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #10
Master Member

Last time you in ITE study ICT/IT program?
Electronics engg in ite. But the engg maths in poly I've never learnt it in ite

Sometimes really feel quite moody about school work...

Last edited by rollanddie; 23-05-2017 at 05:24 PM..
Old 23-05-2017, 11:18 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not sure which poly you are from, not sure if it is the same style as my poly years (singapore poly, approx year 2010) or not.

What topic are you facing problems with? Year 1 should be indices, probability, Laplace transform, integration/differentiation

Engineering maths have to understand each topic's rules and concept, and where it can be applied. After that must practice different type of qn from notes, tutorial and finally pyp.

I will suggest u go to youtube and type the topic into the search column and watch videos ,some uploaders like khan academy have good explanations, i use them for uni as well.

I also watch videos for physics, digital electronics, analog electronics, and other electrical stuffs. Many of them explain better than my lecturers.

Compare your notes and youtube, most probably u will understand. Then start from simple example like those in ur notes, then move onto tutorials, then move onto past year papers.

Try to think of the solution urself. Write down the formula, write down the rules. Dont look at answer first, just write whatever equation u think that can help u to solve the qn. After that then look at solution.

Important to try to solve it urself and see if u know what topic is related to the qn, and test to see how u apply the concept. Every qn can be different, lecturers can pull stunt.

Best if you can dedicate some time to write notes for each chapter and revise them frequently. Staple or file the tutorials and practice qn together with each topic.

Every time u revise , look at the example and recall why u do it that way, what are the things u consider while solving the equation. Compare questions, see how they can be asked, what is being considered for different qns.

Physics wise is tough for me, i did badly for my poly physics and two uni physics.

Sent from The Magical Land Of Talking Pillows, Bolsters & Blankets; Far, Far Away Deep In Another Galaxy using GAGT

Last edited by mypillowtalks; 23-05-2017 at 11:25 PM..
mypillowtalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 11:36 PM   #12
Master Member

Appreciate your input, mypillowtalks!! Engg maths up to chap 4, matrices now. Previous chapters were domain n range, logarithms and such.

My main problem is that my foundation is not strong, weak in all the substitution, factorization, moving equations.

Not sure if it applies to all poly lecturers but generally I feel that all lecturer are just going through the motion of teaching....

Last edited by rollanddie; 23-05-2017 at 11:48 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.