Got accepted to NYP Visual Effects (Need Advice)

KwillMax

Reaction score
Hi, need advice! I applied for Diploma in Visual Effects course in NYP through DAE and got accepted to it.

I'm currently in TP's Games & Design Development Course but my GPA is kindda low. First sem 1.1 scored 2.39GPA and 1.2 scored 2.09GPA. Year 2 has just started.. Should I accept NYP's offer? (Have until today to confirm the application)

The reason for my application of transfer is because I figured I have more interest in Visual Effects than in Games Development, plus due to the fact that my GPA is pretty low I doubt I will be able to progress to uni.

Another option is I complete my current diploma course and then take up private diploma in visual effects which is a 1 year course and thereafter progress to uni using that cert instead of my local poly's transcript. Either way will also take me 4 years to enter a uni. Which path should i take?

1. Local Poly (3 years) + Private Diploma (1 year) = 4 years damage
2. Withdraw from TP and enroll into NYP (Lose 1 year add 3 years) = 4 years damage

Would appreciate your advice asap as I'm running out of time :(

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.