HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

I want to quit poly

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #1

Unhappy I want to quit poly

I'm now in 2nd year first sem in poly and i recently keep thinking of quitting sch cause the projects are causing me stress cause i don't understand programming at all. There's no other course i can go cause it's too high and the only thing i'm into is video editing. And i have major depression so i just want to die right now.
jade1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 08:07 PM   #2
Banned

I'm now in 2nd year first sem in poly and i recently keep thinking of quitting sch cause the projects are causing me stress cause i don't understand programming at all. There's no other course i can go cause it's too high and the only thing i'm into is video editing. And i have major depression so i just want to die right now.
Who ask u in the first place choose this course..
BraveCloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 08:30 AM   #3

Which poly and what diploma course are you in?

Since you don't understand programming, you can ask your classmates for help. If you have no friends in class, go book an appointment with your teacher for help (this is impt).

For your depression, there are free counselling services in your polytechnic, go book an appointment with your counsellor now.
darthsid11111 likes this.
intime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 10:39 AM   #4

As much as this is a wet blanket and not helpful to anything, I have to say this is true.

OP, what are you, a person who has no self-awareness or a sheep that can be forced into an IT course knowing full well you do not know programming.

Put it another way, will you marry a girl/guy just because your parents said she/he is a nice person? Would you settle for an ugly girl just because all the pretty girls don't like you back? WTH is with your logic? if you will not settle for the ugly girl, then can you explain to hardwarezone why you settle for an IT course for programming?

If arranged marriages are by-and-large so rejected, why would you let the people around you dictate an equally important decision of what you would like to fill your brain with?

The more I read threads on wanting to quit this and that, the more I feel like telling them, stop giving yourselves excuses and quit if it really is that bad a decision. You won't die [unless you choose to] so why am I wasting time advising people too lazy to make decisions for themselves only to complain when time/circumstance makes the decision for them?

Sometimes I think Singaporeans are crazy, so crazy, they don't even know they are. Glad you know you are crazy. At least that's a start.

Last edited by Pineapple.wong; 27-06-2016 at 12:21 PM..
Pineapple.wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 01:23 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

If can transfer, transfer out. Don't later tahan till 3rd year crash and year bo hua at all. I also same thoughts as you last time, but instead of transfer i bite the bullet and pull thru. average grades though.
Old 27-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #6
Master Member

As much as this is a wet blanket and not helpful to anything, I have to say this is true.

OP, what are you, a person who has no self-awareness or a sheep that can be forced into an IT course knowing full well you do not know programming.

Put it another way, will you marry a girl/guy just because your parents said she/he is a nice person? Would you settle for an ugly girl just because all the pretty girls don't like you back? WTH is with your logic? if you will not settle for the ugly girl, then can you explain to hardwarezone why you settle for an IT course for programming?

If arranged marriages are by-and-large so rejected, why would you let the people around you dictate an equally important decision of what you would like to fill your brain with?

The more I read threads on wanting to quit this and that, the more I feel like telling them, stop giving yourselves excuses and quit if it really is that bad a decision. You won't die [unless you choose to] so why am I wasting time advising people too lazy to make decisions for themselves only to complain when time/circumstance makes the decision for them?

Sometimes I think Singaporeans are crazy, so crazy, they don't even know they are. Glad you know you are crazy. At least that's a start.
Sibeh jealous of the shu shus who have never made a mistake that they regret in their lives before.
darthsid11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

Jus ask lecturer if u dun know, or work with ur classmates..no body fail poly one..no body like to study..nobody will give u a ****,dun waste ur time and money, only u can help urself.. get bk to studies now..
Aaron_soh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 03:02 PM   #8

Sibeh jealous of the shu shus who have never made a mistake that they regret in their lives before.
No need to be jealous la. Also no need to suan me. What I don't do that others like to do a lot is regret. I think about my bad decisions at times sure. But I still and will move on, eventually.

If really not suitable, just quit la. There's always something else to do mah.
How you know I never make mistake? You can see my life history by looking at the computer screen meh.

Girlfriend number 1 not suitable, you know how to change to girlfriend number 2 what! So same logic applies. OP will be fine. What OP needs fixing is his decision making skills.

Except this one other than the gossip, monetarily it will cost OP. [Actually girlfriend is even costlier, it's just that most of you don't bother to count; so I just pretend girlfriend is free].

Last edited by Pineapple.wong; 27-06-2016 at 03:04 PM..
Pineapple.wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 07:55 PM   #9
High Supremacy Member

Year 2 already just tahan.

Ask classmates and teachers for help, don't be scared.

Can't survive alone. And please go seek councillor, this thing need to release out

Mogan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:54 AM   #10
Supremacy Member

I suggest you to confide in a school counsellor for your depression problem.

With regards to your academics, you can either transfer course, or seek your coursemates and lecturer for help. But if you were to transfer course, doesn't mean that the new course will be easier.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:21 PM   #11

Feeling like killing yourself from a poly course is so not worth it. There are so many other courses you can do. Just do a little bit of research.
Ain Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:30 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

you how old first? guy or girl? If guy... i think why not you go ns first and use the 2yrs think through what you really want first. Coz tbh alot of ppl in their teens after o lvl dont really know what they wanted and just choose courses they thought they wants, which might not be the case.

Anyway, like what some of the ppl here said, got depression you can go find sch counselor talk, if you scare paiseh..go callup the Samaritans of Singapore to find someone talk over the phone

*paiseh not enough post counts to paste urls.
starry_starry_night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #13

My recommendation is, solve your depression first.

Now you are in a carefree world whereby you don't earn your keep. If at this stage, you are getting depression. How about the days that you start to earn your own keep?

Find the root cause of the problem, then find the solutions to it. After that analyse which solution work the best.

Quitting poly is one of the option. Quitter does not mean loser in life, I quitted my poly due to poor grade. After I joined my NS, I start my Poly from Year 1 being an old student. Till now, I graduated the local poly + a private degree and some certificates on hand.

Every step in life is a learning curve. If you did not learn from your last decision, then it will be wasted as you need more of such learning curve to learn the hard way.
Old 25-07-2016, 05:21 PM   #14

Please don't give up! Jiayou!
quintessentialedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #15

dont give up just yet. always remember, hard times dont last forever. persevere and move on. if you were to quit, its such a waste. and chances of you getting back in poly are low. there are still people out there who is still fighting for a place in poly...
syafiq07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.