HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Poly appeal

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2018, 11:54 AM   #1

Poly appeal

Hi,

I am an o level graduate of 2017 with a raw score of 8 for poly. It will be 7 minus my 1 bonus cca point. During the JAE, i chose early childhood education as my 1st choice and i think i will most probably get in. However, contrary to what i have heard from the lecturers i asked at the open house, I have to go through an extensive medical checkup to see if i am able to go into the course. Hence i have totally no idea that my medical condition can prevent me from entering the course. But i already have an pre-existing medical condition so i donít think i will even pass the test. Thus, i am looking to appeal to transfer to another course during the appeal period as i think there is no need to waste time and money for the checkup since i already have a medical condition. However i am told that the success rate of appealing is very low and difficult. I am really scared and have no idea what to do now. Can anyone advice me on this matter?
smilebeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

Study the course & becoming a preschool teacher is different thing.

Medical checkup is determine by poly & not preschool industry.

If your interest is in preschool, you can always take course in private school to become a preschool teacher since you have GCE O.

So for poly course, you can consider to take other course that you are interested for your career aside from preschool.

Hi,

I am an o level graduate of 2017 with a raw score of 8 for poly. It will be 7 minus my 1 bonus cca point. During the JAE, i chose early childhood education as my 1st choice and i think i will most probably get in. However, contrary to what i have heard from the lecturers i asked at the open house, I have to go through an extensive medical checkup to see if i am able to go into the course. Hence i have totally no idea that my medical condition can prevent me from entering the course. But i already have an pre-existing medical condition so i donít think i will even pass the test. Thus, i am looking to appeal to transfer to another course during the appeal period as i think there is no need to waste time and money for the checkup since i already have a medical condition. However i am told that the success rate of appealing is very low and difficult. I am really scared and have no idea what to do now. Can anyone advice me on this matter?
Old 21-01-2018, 02:05 PM   #3

Study the course & becoming a preschool teacher is different thing.

Medical checkup is determine by poly & not preschool industry.

If your interest is in preschool, you can always take course in private school to become a preschool teacher since you have GCE O.

So for poly course, you can consider to take other course that you are interested for your career aside from preschool.
Yes i am aware of that, but problem is that i wouldnít pass the medical test by the poly anyways so i need to appeal to another course after the posting results are out. But appeal chances are low, meaning i might still be posted to early childhood course which i canít pass the test. Then where will i go im really worried
Old 21-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

No point worry cause they are beyond your control.

So can you find some courses from poly that you are interested & can pass the medical test?

If no, then just appeal & apply the courses that you are interested.

If poly don't still don't accept your appeal due to failure of medical test, it very clear cut that the next step will be considering private school education.

Yes i am aware of that, but problem is that i wouldnít pass the medical test by the poly anyways so i need to appeal to another course after the posting results are out. But appeal chances are low, meaning i might still be posted to early childhood course which i canít pass the test. Then where will i go im really worried
Old 21-01-2018, 07:09 PM   #5

No point worry cause they are beyond your control.

So can you find some courses from poly that you are interested & can pass the medical test?

If no, then just appeal & apply the courses that you are interested.

If poly don't still don't accept your appeal due to failure of medical test, it very clear cut that the next step will be considering private school education.
Ok. I am quite certain that other courses have no medical tests at all so i hope my appeal will be successful to those courses. Thanks a lot
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.