Is it possible to work after getting diploma from private schools??

RoseDream

Reaction score
I'm getting Electrical Engineering diploma from PSB next year. I want to know is it likely to get a job?? The field is not a concern. Getting a job is my first priority. Is there anyone here who gets a job with a diploma from private schools? Please share your experience, please. Thank you.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Getting a job is not an issue. Whether you get paid a salary that is equal to your paper qualification is another issue.

Take a degree for e.g. If you have a full time on campus degree, local or overseas, chances are you will be paid a graduate's salary. But if you have a part time distance learning degree, you will probably get a job too HOWEVER whether you get a graduate's salary or not is another issue. They could hire you but pay you based on your previous recognised qualification e.g. Poly diploma.

In your case, they could hire you but will you get the same pay as a graduate from a local Poly? Or will they pay you based on your previous recognised qualification e.g. O-level?

Whether its degree or diploma, private schools are much faster than traditional poly or universities. There is a reason why old school institutions require you to spend 3 years while short cut schools give you a cert in a matter of months.

Think about it, if there is no difference at all between private school and poly/university, who is so stupid to waste 3 years when they can take 9 months?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.