Questions on ACCA, PLS HELP ME???

vortex101

Reaction score
Hi, guys, I would like to study accountancy but after going through the ACCA website, I still have a ton of questions on my mind, hope that I could get some help clarifying some of these questions. Really appreciate it if I could get your 2 cents and advice. :)

1) When I complete the foundation course, F1-F3 and obtain the diploma, will that be sufficient for a job in Singapore? or should I go for the advanced diploma? is the advanced diploma equivalent to a polytechnic diploma?

2) For the professional cert, it states that I have to get 3 years of experience, do I gain this experience by applying for internships via the diploma from the foundations?

3) Having no background in accountancy, should I go for ACCA directly by starting with F1 or FIA? I understand that the logical route would be to go for FIA but I am not really aiming for the CAT. If completing the foundations course in ACCA(F1 to F9) which gives me a diploma/advanced diploma can get me a job in accountancy, I would be more than satisfied.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.