Worth to get Diploma again?

DDiscus

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've graduated with a Dip. in Molecular Biotechnology from NP this year.

Now waiting enlistment, and since I'm in PES E, I'm thinking of going for Part-time Dip. in Applied Science (Aquaculture) in TP.

I've interest in aquaculture and might be going for a degree after I complete NS.

But is it worth it to have 2 diplomas??? Since both also at the same level of education...

a&w_rootbeerz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe its not worth it going for another diploma since you already graduated from one. You are actually going backwards if you take that route. Why not straight go to part time degree with your NP diploma. If you go by this route, i believe by the time you ORD, you are already a degree holder or somewhere near completing your degree. So look forward cos your planning is like moving a step backwards which is not a good idea cos you will be wasting the time, cost and opportunity.

DDiscus

Reaction score
I believe its not worth it going for another diploma since you already graduated from one. You are actually going backwards if you take that route. Why not straight go to part time degree with your NP diploma. If you go by this route, i believe by the time you ORD, you are already a degree holder or somewhere near completing your degree. So look forward cos your planning is like moving a step backwards which is not a good idea cos you will be wasting the time, cost and opportunity.

Ya...I won't be moving forward unless I get a degree. But I want to continue sciences and I only know of part-time degree in business/accountancy etc. For science, I could only find part-time diploma. :(

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you fussy about online degrees ? (it's in the 'same' league as private degrees, in the Singapore mindset)

Oregon State U has a B.s in Fisheries and Wildlife Science.

Fisheries & Wildlife -- Undergraduate Degrees Online -- Online & Distance Degrees | Oregon State Ecampus | OSU Degrees Online

The online fisheries and wildlife sciences degree is an applied, science-based program that focuses on maintaining balance for species and habitats in the wild. Students have the unique opportunity to choose a specialization area to develop their interests and knowledge to make vital decisions about fish, wildlife and the delicate environments they live in.

This degree is offered by OSU's Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, which is ranked No. 1 in the nation for its wildlife program and No. 2 for its fisheries program. The courses are delivered online by OSU Ecampus.

It's ranked top few in the US. And it's offered through online learning as well as on campus learning. I'm just showing this since you mention you got interest in Aqua science.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.