Recent Articles

Thank you to all who RSVP-ed! Registration for the event is now CLOSED.
For any last-minute queries or requests, kindly PM me.

Otherwise, see you there!

Quote:
Dear DMClub Members,

With the upcoming launch of Office 2010, we would like to invite you to be the first in Singapore to preview the Office 2010 RTM. Rashish Pandey from Microsoft Singapore’s Information Worker Group, together with his Microsoft Office team, will share the cool new features and benefits of Office 2010 across work and play. These include:

@work
@learning
  • One Note – Note taking and audio capture made easy during lectures
  • Word – templates for resume writing, project reports
  • Web Apps – Access and edit school projects on-the-go with ease

@play
  • PowerPoint - Presentations with personalized videos that can be embedded into slides and even bookmark key points to zoom in to selected scenes (with family and friends / an outing)
  • Excel – Budgeting

We look forward to getting your thoughts and feedback on Office 2010 at the preview and I hope you will be able to make it for the session.

Date: 28 April, Wednesday
Time: 6:30pm-8:30pm
Location: Microsoft Office, One Marina Boulevard, 21st Floor Auditorium (Nearest MRT – Raffles Place)

A buffet dinner will be provided. Places are provided on a first come, first served basis so please register early.

Bring along your laptops for an opportunity to try Office 2010 web apps and participate during the session.

We also have a lucky draw for HWZ Forum members who have joined the Office 2010 SG Insiders Facebook fan page so do sign up today!

Do give Lina Marican a call at 6347-2306 / 9180-9215 if you have any questions – thank you.

Comments (31)

Spongy Master Member Join Date: Feb 2003 Posts: 2,822
Once again, thumbs up for the good job in organising such activities. Too bad I have something planned for that day and thus can't join.

ravener Arch-Supremacy Member Join Date: May 2007 Posts: 12,179 ravener's Avatar
ah dang, used up my leave for the month... don't think i'll be going, thanks for the invite anyway.

siandiao Moderator Join Date: Jan 2004 Posts: 36,461 siandiao's Avatar
How to RSVP? Can I RSVP here?
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 4G+ 32GB White, Sony Xperia Z Ultra, Nexus S
MacBook Air 13" Mid '13 Model, Macbook White Late '09 Model
Samsung Tab S 10.1 LTE, Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 16GB 3G, iPod Nano 16GB Product RED
HWZ Android subforum
Official IU fan club!

playground Senior Member Join Date: Mar 2002 Posts: 800 playground's Avatar
Post 45193092 Quote: originally posted by siandiao
There's a form embedded in the 1st post...

cty85 Great Supremacy Member Join Date: Aug 2001 Posts: 64,434 cty85's Avatar
RSVPed .
I am Great.

drpanda Master Member Join Date: Feb 2005 Posts: 3,258 drpanda's Avatar
Post 45193092 Quote: originally posted by siandiao
If I'm not wrong, this invitation is for DMClub members only.

naxchua Arch-Supremacy Member Join Date: Mar 2004 Posts: 13,843 naxchua's Avatar
Post 45203224 Quote: originally posted by drpanda
If I'm not wrong, this invitation is for DMClub members only.
RSVPed... but office 2010 can use for Mac? i m a mac user wor... lol... later i tio hoot when i take out my mac...
11 Feb come faster.... need a new phone soon....

tkdboi Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,260
if i have another person who is very very keen to attend, can i bring him/her along for the event?
June 15 2005...

drpanda Master Member Join Date: Feb 2005 Posts: 3,258 drpanda's Avatar
Post 45204257 Quote: originally posted by naxchua
RSVPed... but office 2010 can use for Mac? i m a mac user wor... lol... later i tio hoot when i take out my mac...
Hmm..maybe cannot le. Not a MAC user.. But you can see this http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010...fault.aspx#29q link.

Are there special system requirements for running Office 2010?

Preliminary system requirements for Office 2010 include the following:
• Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7
• You don't need to replace hardware that is capable of running Office 2007; it will support Office 2010.
• Processor: 500 MHz or higher
• Memory: 256 MB or higher
• Hard Disk: 1.5 GB; a portion of the disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard drive.

ceecookie Arch-Supremacy Member Join Date: Dec 2006 Posts: 17,776 ceecookie's Avatar
Macs can only use Office for Mac...

BTW have anyone received a reply with RSVP details? Im having doubts whether my RSVP did go through
Tinky Winky is so far into the closet, he can see Narnia!

alanhsieh Senior Member Join Date: Apr 2005 Posts: 618
RSVPed......

Xerynn Senior Member Join Date: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,135 Xerynn's Avatar
Hi all,

Thank you for the enthusiastic response! We have about 20 more slots to fill before it's full house

Post 45204257 Quote: originally posted by naxchua
According to Microsoft's PR folks, Office 2010 is a PC-only product and the Mac wouldn’t work well for the demo as it isn’t the focus. Unless you're using Bootcamp to run Windows on Mac

Post 45204344 Quote: originally posted by tkdboi
if i have another person who is very very keen to attend, can i bring him/her along for the event?
I have replied your PM.

Post 45211196 Quote: originally posted by ceecookie
Macs can only use Office for Mac...

BTW have anyone received a reply with RSVP details? Im having doubts whether my RSVP did go through
Don't worry, we have not sent those out yet - they will be sent in batches. If you have already RSVPed, you will receive the email tomorrow
[SIZE=1]faith[/SIZE]

jjtomi Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2008 Posts: 7
I want to attend, how do I RSVP and can I bring one more along? Thanks!

Xerynn Senior Member Join Date: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,135 Xerynn's Avatar
Hi jjtomi,

The event is open to Deluxe members only

Post 45232692 Quote: originally posted by jjtomi
I want to attend, how do I RSVP and can I bring one more along? Thanks!
[SIZE=1]faith[/SIZE]

tclong Member Join Date: Jun 2007 Posts: 426 tclong's Avatar
RSVPed & see you all there