HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

canon 7d vs nikon d 7000 vs pentax k5

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #1

canon 7d vs nikon d 7000 vs pentax k5

I am going to do a review on this 3 models this wld be my personal take on this few models.
Well i have tested this 3 models so far by right i sld add in a olympus e-5 but it is their last model i am not going to bother.

High iso
Canon 7d
At high iso it has preety good noise control but when added with high iso boost the noise level go uncontrollably lousy but who uses that anw its still preety good in terms of iso control below 6400.

Nikon d7000
It has really has a soso high iso control at 3200 u cld a really big difference in picture my take on this it nt as good as most ppl think.

Pentax k5
This camera cld be a real underdog winner i was simply amazed on how good compare to the other 2 on high iso even with high iso boost, noise level was at a actually preety good acceptable level.

Points given
canon 7d 6/10
nikon d7000 4/10
pentax k5 8.5/10

Body built/cost
Canon 7d

Built with a full magnesium alloy body it is definably strong and sturdy but from the looks of it, it is 2 big for me and to lug it out casually. Sometimes u wld not feel like
lugging it out if it was for a casual day out.

Nikon d7000

Same as Canon but it is only half magnesium alloy body also 2 big 2 heavy.

Pentax k5

Defiantly alot smaller and lighter, I was quite surprise on how light it was. It has almost the same weight as the 600d. Out of all this 3 it was going for the cheapest, it is also full magnesium alloy body plus weather seal also i saw reviews on this and i saw ppl poring water on it was totally amazed by it.

Canon 7d 6/10
Cause i find it 2 big

Nikon d7000 6/10
same as canon

Pentax k5 9/10
really like the design and how small it is.

Image quality

Canon 7d
Canon has really good colors but there is alot of white in it ,sometimes picture looks enhanced. Do not have that natural color i am looking for.

Nikon d7000
It does not have really good colors but i must comment on picture it is very sharp i am impressed on the sharpness of picture.

Pentax k5
Has 1 of the best colors so far i have seen. It is very natural and it really good on sharpness 2 color saturation it also very good and also have very good color depth i give it a 2 thumbs up.

Canon 7d 5/10
2 much white for me

nikon d7000 8.5/10
I wld say Sharpness is the main selling point if u want more of sharpness then it is this camera.

pentax k5 9.5/10

Has very very good color with a good amt of sharpness into it, really like the pictures it has 2 offer. Was blown away when i tried out the camera.

Life view

Canon7d
Its ok in terms of life view very slow on focusing.

Nikon 7000d
It is even worse on Nikon slow on focusing did not have much 2 offer on life view.

Pentax k5
was blown away with its life view system you cld actually c the depth of field through the life view i was really amazed. Focusing is also preety slow but faster then the other 2 camera.

Overall analysis
Canon wld be good if u want faster frames per seconds i am going to give it a overall score of 7/10

Nikon was abit of a disappointment for me but still im impress with its sharpness of picture but still nth really amazed me so i am giving it a 5/10

Pentax k5 this was a clear underdog winner i am so impress with it that i am going to buy 1 later haha. But anw i really amazed on picture quality and the built size of the Camera. Giving it a 9/10

going to buy it later or tomorrow at funan but i will c where i can get the best price. Feel free 2 ask me any questions.
Watergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #2

No offense but it look like a fanboy point of view review.
Old 30-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #3

Aiya just buy and shoot la, gimme 20k I also buy and shoot only unless you say take go and whack people to test it then needless to say
Old 31-05-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Banned

Truth is.. Those are facts

-----
This message is sent from HWZ forums iPhone app
MarineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #5

Somehow i agree very much to this
xxrenxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #6

Aiya just buy and shoot la, gimme 20k I also buy and shoot only unless you say take go and whack people to test it then needless to say
I will get the D300/D700 with grip if whacking ppl is 1 of the objective
Old 31-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #7

If really solid and got sponsor I also buy one to snap and whack people but no money hahaha not sure PC show got what lobang offers
Old 31-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

I am going to do a review on this 3 models this wld be my personal take on this few models.
Well i have tested this 3 models so far by right i sld add in a olympus e-5 but it is their last model i am not going to bother.

High iso
Canon 7d
At high iso it has preety good noise control but when added with high iso boost the noise level go uncontrollably lousy but who uses that anw its still preety good in terms of iso control below 6400.

Nikon d7000
It has really has a soso high iso control at 3200 u cld a really big difference in picture my take on this it nt as good as most ppl think.

Pentax k5
This camera cld be a real underdog winner i was simply amazed on how good compare to the other 2 on high iso even with high iso boost, noise level was at a actually preety good acceptable level.

Points given
canon 7d 6/10
nikon d7000 4/10
pentax k5 8.5/10

Body built/cost
Canon 7d

Built with a full magnesium alloy body it is definably strong and sturdy but from the looks of it, it is 2 big for me and to lug it out casually. Sometimes u wld not feel like
lugging it out if it was for a casual day out.

Nikon d7000

Same as Canon but it is only half magnesium alloy body also 2 big 2 heavy.

Pentax k5

Defiantly alot smaller and lighter, I was quite surprise on how light it was. It has almost the same weight as the 600d. Out of all this 3 it was going for the cheapest, it is also full magnesium alloy body plus weather seal also i saw reviews on this and i saw ppl poring water on it was totally amazed by it.

Canon 7d 6/10
Cause i find it 2 big

Nikon d7000 6/10
same as canon

Pentax k5 9/10
really like the design and how small it is.

Image quality

Canon 7d
Canon has really good colors but there is alot of white in it ,sometimes picture looks enhanced. Do not have that natural color i am looking for.

Nikon d7000
It does not have really good colors but i must comment on picture it is very sharp i am impressed on the sharpness of picture.

Pentax k5
Has 1 of the best colors so far i have seen. It is very natural and it really good on sharpness 2 color saturation it also very good and also have very good color depth i give it a 2 thumbs up.

Canon 7d 5/10
2 much white for me

nikon d7000 8.5/10
I wld say Sharpness is the main selling point if u want more of sharpness then it is this camera.

pentax k5 9.5/10

Has very very good color with a good amt of sharpness into it, really like the pictures it has 2 offer. Was blown away when i tried out the camera.

Life view

Canon7d
Its ok in terms of life view very slow on focusing.

Nikon 7000d
It is even worse on Nikon slow on focusing did not have much 2 offer on life view.

Pentax k5
was blown away with its life view system you cld actually c the depth of field through the life view i was really amazed. Focusing is also preety slow but faster then the other 2 camera.

Overall analysis
Canon wld be good if u want faster frames per seconds i am going to give it a overall score of 7/10

Nikon was abit of a disappointment for me but still im impress with its sharpness of picture but still nth really amazed me so i am giving it a 5/10

Pentax k5 this was a clear underdog winner i am so impress with it that i am going to buy 1 later haha. But anw i really amazed on picture quality and the built size of the Camera. Giving it a 9/10

going to buy it later or tomorrow at funan but i will c where i can get the best price. Feel free 2 ask me any questions.
I agree with the rest that ur reviews really look like fanboy point of view and sorry to say it dun made sense to me at all.

If a camera/brand dun work well for u it doesnt mean is not good. It might just be the case u dun know how to fully utlise it. The way I'm seeing is, u are just sharing with the rest why u choose K5 over the rest of the models (FYI, I'm not starting a brand war, I have no doubt that Pentax produce excellent photography tools) which met UR needs which is something dun represent EVERYONE over here.

I'm so suprise 2 big 2 heavy can be a deciding factors which contribute to ur overall rating under Body built, do u know some users have big hand and they appreciate large camera bodies?

When u are comparing the IQ sharpness... u only rely on body nia? Are u joking
Do u actually know alot of factors come into place which contribute to this?

End of the days I believe that when one shoot long enough, he or she will slowly understand that no one will really bother about what gears u use... is the pictures u capture that matter the most... it doesnt really matter which specs is good or better... it all boil down to indiviual perferences why a specific camp/tools is being choose as their systems.

Coming back to you, would you prefer your viewer to be impress by the shots u took or the gears u are holding?

Last edited by qingtian; 31-05-2011 at 04:23 PM..
qingtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #9
Master Member

I think your pts rating is not right.
For eg how can the D7000 scored 4/10 for high iso performance?
FD Trinitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #10
Great Supremacy Member

hmm what lens u using?

But I, being, poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. - W B Yeats
Geforce3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #11
Great Supremacy Member

if want to sian chobu, get rf

But I, being, poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. - W B Yeats
Geforce3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #12

Use normal camera can liao leh, all you need is a single god-dam good shot will do...
Old 31-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

U forget to add the word LEICA RF... Yashica also have RF.
qingtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #14

If really solid and got sponsor I also buy one to snap and whack people but no money hahaha not sure PC show got what lobang offers
is very solid.....
Old 31-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #15

U forget to add the word LEICA RF... Yashica also have RF.
overkill liao la
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.