Share your shots here!

anchor.boy

Reaction score
Hi guys. I just wanna ask. How do you guys take photo of the river or let say water and make it look somewhat 'silky'.

To add on, this pano stitching method is to take the photo bit by bit and join them up? Is that it? If so, how do you join them up for the final photo?

TIA :)

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I just wanna ask. How do you guys take photo of the river or let say water and make it look somewhat 'silky'.

To add on, this pano stitching method is to take the photo bit by bit and join them up? Is that it? If so, how do you join them up for the final photo?

Joining can use Microsoft ICE. Unbelievably true that is is FREE! :eek:

Microsoft Research Image Composite Editor (ICE)

Silky water is from long exposure. So the water got the motion blur effect.

ferrischia

Reaction score

A ND filter can help u to get that silky look. With a ND filter, you will be able to do long exposure in daylight so you can get that silky look. Try google for ND Filters and you shld be able to find technique on how to use them.

FD Trinitron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1383984_407042766085771_1032641944_n.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.