What video editing software do you use and why?

mrchiongster

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm a fresh grad from poly and I've learnt how to do video edits with Final Cut Express and Final Cut Pro 7. The updates and features of the latest FCPX gave me mix feelings about using it for edits so I'm considering the other options and maybe maybe jump ship!

Would appreciate if everyone could share yours views and thoughts!

mrchiongster

Reaction score
Hi, Pete, thanks for sharing the informative thread. As an end user, are there' any particular features of premiere pro that you find advantageous? I find the subscription and the price for the multitudes of adobe software products daunting.

I'm currently looking at HitFilm Pro by FX Home! Has anyone used it?

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am still using Premiere Pro 2.0 (non-CS version) and it still runs fine on Win7. Adobe still provide version for free tryout. Try google for PremierePro2_0_Tryout.zip.

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Avid Studio / Pinnacle Studio
Avid Media Composer
Pro Tools

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can intro a cheap and user friendly video editing software? Where to get it?

I just need to video edit my travel video and convert it into DVD.

thank you.

ykgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can intro a cheap and user friendly video editing software? Where to get it?

I just need to video edit my travel video and convert it into DVD.

thank you.

Microsoft Windows Movie Maker - FREE

Windows Live Movie Maker - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Very basic but easy to learn and use.

For people who do not have time to learn a complex video editing software, have a couple of photos to turn into a slide show video, or simply to do simple video trimming, editing and conversion.

Jurchen King

Master Member
Reaction score
I swear by Cyberlink's Power Director. Fastest video editor with support for 64-bit multi-core thread processing, 3D and 4k video. The production process is the most time consuming part of video editing. So you want it to be the shortest time.

Personally, I'm using version 10 and very happy with it. Didn't upgrade because I've no need for 3D or 4k.

I use it to edit my holiday videos. On my PC, a typical 2 hour Full HD M2TS file @60p 24mbps takes 3 hours to produce.

asiandaisy

Reaction score
good ol Premiere Pro, thought i would stick to FCP for life but no! I should explore other platforms!

Deunamist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been on FCP X since December. I was using FCP 7 previously. I don't like to pay monthly subscription so there was no way Adobe was getting into my wallet, plus I decided to give FCP X a run with an open mind, and it surprised me with its ease of use.

wangkaicheng

Reaction score
I use Premiere Pro, but last time in a Film Editting mode in NTU we were suppose to use FCP, I think FCP really has greater potential but since I'm already very familiar with premiere pro I ll stick with it:s13:. After Effects is great now though if you know how to use, great power and customizability. And the best thing is you can now play with sound, no more RAM preview!

everythingisawesome

Reaction score
Premiere would be your best bet. Now with CC out, the flexibility you have with other premiere tools is great. You also need not transcode before ingest, as premiere accepts almost all formats and codecs immediately at ingest.

With adobe link your workflow would also be more streamlined as you can jump back and forth between applications very fast and efficiently. If your file structures are done very neatly, re-opening the project on another device would be an easy feat as relinking one file will enable the rest to relink too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.