NCS is considered govt linked.... afterall, they are subsidiary of singtel
I go NCS no written test
redname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 10:26 AM   #3932
High Supremacy Member

I 30+++ can steel appry? Want to teech in vjc
Apply online. They got window

Got a few path:

-Academic (Should be the most well paid as they teach the academic subjects. Every teacher I know got a car and at least condo)

-Allied Educators (School counsellors)

-Arts and Music (if you got the cert and experiences)

They will sift through the applicants and go for a briefing.
Then call for interview.... Is a mock teaching situation and panel interview

After that, if selected, you go through one year attachment in school. If you pass that attachment (you are constantly watched and appraised), you will go to MOE for 1 year full time course (paid allowance/salary). Once pass, you are a full fletched teacher

Mid 30s can....
But schools cannot choose
HKS_Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 10:37 AM   #3933

i m also thinking to switch to teaching, everyday see xdd and xmm is jin happy

personally like kids, but no one wants BBFA
At one point of time, the idea of becoming a childcare centre teacher have flashed in my mind.

But for a guy, it is weird to become a childcare centre teacher anyway. Furthermore the field I am currently in is not that hard to find a job provided I am not so choosy.
TPS Timonty Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 10:41 AM   #3934
High Supremacy Member

At one point of time, the idea of becoming a childcare centre teacher have flashed in my mind.

But for a guy, it is weird to become a childcare centre teacher anyway. Furthermore the field I am currently in is not that hard to find a job provided I am not so choosy.
Childcare centre pay and demand is going to new levels

But I don't think guys will be chosen
Old 14-10-2017, 10:46 AM   #3935

The govt keeps emphasizing that this sector needs more manpower. Furthermore it looks like it is a stable industry and jobscope wise looks 'peaceful'. But then it really looks weird for a guy to enter this sector.
TPS Timonty Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #3936
Arch-Supremacy Member

Apply online. They got window

Got a few path:

-Academic (Should be the most well paid as they teach the academic subjects. Every teacher I know got a car and at least condo)

-Allied Educators (School counsellors)

-Arts and Music (if you got the cert and experiences)

They will sift through the applicants and go for a briefing.
Then call for interview.... Is a mock teaching situation and panel interview

After that, if selected, you go through one year attachment in school. If you pass that attachment (you are constantly watched and appraised), you will go to MOE for 1 year full time course (paid allowance/salary). Once pass, you are a full fletched teacher

Mid 30s can....
But schools cannot choose
Full-fledged.
dilphinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 10:53 AM   #3937
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have guy friends who are early childhood teachers.
dilphinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 10:59 AM   #3938
High Supremacy Member

Full-fledged.
oh thanks

The tea at MacDonalds haven't woke me up as I am waiting for my car to be serviced at Leng Kee
Old 14-10-2017, 11:04 AM   #3939
Supremacy Member

hi kyoji83,

no offence or wat la. u keep talking / repeating about how bad PCP RN, NYP and nursing is. but the fact is if u keep staying in the present, den u can't move on to the future.

even if u keep mentioning about your past, it wont change the fact that u have to repay the bond u broke.

i dont think there are many ppl here who wanna be nurses. which brings me to my 2nd point. try not to join an industry dominated by your opposite gender. there's a reason why they need a particular gender.

having said all the above, nurses rly very xiong job. long hours, physically and mentally tiring to help patients and pay attention to all the finer details like medication, etc. the pay also not very high and it's like 2nd class job to doctors...

there are better bonded jobs out there like signing on with SAF as uniformed / Military Expert...
yes when he first posted that I went to post in his thread instead about my thoughts because didn't want to flood this thread about his experience

not just PCP-RN but he also continues to beating down on other PCP programmes
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #3940
Supremacy Member

Like I said, it really depend on your sponsor, training provider, industry representative & WSG.

I will used PCP for Complex Equipment Engineer as an example. WSG stated that it is a 6 months OJT & Monthly Gross Salary for Engineer is between $3,800 to $5,900. It will not lead you to any qualification.

However here come the questions. During the 6 months OJT, are you getting a salary or allowance? How much is the salary/allowance during & after the 6 months OJT? What next after 6 months OJT? How much is the LD before & after 6 months OJT?

Then we used some common sense. Without a relevant qualification, do you think you can get a job as Complex Equipment Engineer after OJT in another company? When degree holder also may not earn this amount, do you think we will be able to get a Monthly Gross Salary between $3,800 to $5,900?

Yes, most likely it guarantee you a job after OJT but you do not have a say for salary package (wages, working hours, benefits & etc). To add on, it is 100% control by company to determine if you pass from OJT cause there is no proper structured training. Is this what you want & chose to invest (time, current wages, LD) for your career through PCP?
You need to use some common sense too. There is a price to pay for everything, the government is not printing money.

You change industry in mid 30s and you still expect to get a monthly gross salary between 3.8k to 5.9k? The employer might as well hire a fresh grad who maybe only expects 2.5k, able to learn faster and from a full fledge course unlike someone from a short PCP course.

PCP is but a stepping stone to help you get a job in the industry you want, and maybe get a proper job if you are jobless. If you want to further your studies or career path in the same industry, you are the one who should save up and invest in yourself and not expect other people to pay everything for you, while still drawing a significantly high pay.

Lets say if we want to change industry instead and don't go through PCP. What do we have to do ? We have to fork out a huge sum of money upfront, have to maybe quit our job to study full time, and only then be able to get a job in that industry we want as a "fresh grad". And even after studying, it also doesn't guarantee us a job. So why isn't PCP a better option in this case ? When at least you can get working experience in that industry first and then further your studies later ?

Last edited by havetheveryfun; 14-10-2017 at 11:11 AM..
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 11:29 AM   #3941

Same now keep applying job via LinkedIn
You have a better chance of landing a job by applying via Jobstreet or Jobsdb instead of Linkedin.
piaget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 11:47 AM   #3942

You must choose careful if no passion dnt choose nursing
Not choosing nursing. I dun have the passion. Choosing other courses.
AXman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 11:49 AM   #3943
Supremacy Member

I also apply but did not get a call from them.

try DXO... 40+yo also can join

basically a civilian job in military organisation

know a few joined DXO in their mid 40s as mid career change, but got some pay cuts.... but then it's quite a stable job
Old 14-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #3944
Supremacy Member

To add on, passion may not help students to pass out from course.

You must choose careful if no passion dnt choose nursing
Old 14-10-2017, 11:57 AM   #3945
Supremacy Member

It not weird but will be inconvenience to deploy you as a male teacher cause you cannot take care of girl (eg: assist in bathing).

So you will end up taken 1 quota for headcount & cause lack of manpower for some activities.

At operation management point of view, mostly they will not employed male teachers.

The govt keeps emphasizing that this sector needs more manpower. Furthermore it looks like it is a stable industry and jobscope wise looks 'peaceful'. But then it really looks weird for a guy to enter this sector.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.