Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official Poison Thread] EDMW Taobao Buying Guide - Part 8

Like Tree1373Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #4306
MRC
Master Member

I want to buy a remote lighting.

The person ask me has 零线 or not. I use google, think is Neutral line.

Mine is something like that.

Also anyway to convert to LED?
Can convert just show this pic to the seller. I think he will give u an small adapter to use with it so that your wiring and his LED Driver can connect.
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...#post110780782
Cheapest Air Parcel From China to Singapore (Door to Door)
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...e-5674668.html
Taobao paying on behalf service available (No Commission)
MRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #4307
Arch-Supremacy Member

he says the remote needs a neutral line.

Our sg type has neutral?
testerjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 03:43 PM   #4308
Arch-Supremacy Member

Our sg type has neutral?
yup, neutral is the black cable.
Replace go with this type (since you have a central spine)

ranging from $1.50-$5, with driver. Otherwise can go for octopus /star formation LED.

Mind as well change the whole lamp/cover set, $5 buys you 2, c/w led and driver.

For remote, best to have it both at switch and remote. Else if remote left on bed, cannot find in dark, despite switch turn on/but light in off mode.

Nicer ones available too under $15.

Last edited by touchme; 13-10-2017 at 03:48 PM..
touchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #4309
MRC
Master Member

Our sg type has neutral?
Black is the neutral line
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...#post110780782
Cheapest Air Parcel From China to Singapore (Door to Door)
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...e-5674668.html
Taobao paying on behalf service available (No Commission)
MRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #4310
High Supremacy Member

If you see 2 x neutral (black) cables, remember to twist them together after installation, as per original wiring.

I made the mistake of just wiring up 1 black wire and didn't connect the other. Ended up most of the other lights cannot light up.

Also, do note that even though it is neutral, there is some voltage down there and can carry a minor shock. Test with a DMM/test pen first, iirc about 70Vac on mine.
So basically need to turn off the MCB (miniature circuit breaker), not the main one.
Old 13-10-2017, 07:08 PM   #4311

Our sg type has neutral?
all countries got neutral and live wires...

live wire to provide the current flow, neutral to bring back. earth wire is to protect u when the device failure. Remember in your science class, you need 1 completed circuit in order for current to flow.

just disconnect the blue and black wires and connect to the led driver....don't bother about green which is earth.

normally,
blue = neutral
black/brown = live

from your diagram, your blue 1 is connected to ballast which should be live. So ur black=neutral.
wongminmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 07:31 PM   #4312

Hi anyone can recommend, a 3rd party shipping, I need to buy some tracking light,
Bt the Taobao shipping can't ship over (4Px)
Last time I use add.com.my b4 but Vy long didn't use liao,
Any other shipping company can recommend,

Not too ex one.
Thanks.
for-kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #4313
Master Member

Hi anyone can recommend, a 3rd party shipping, I need to buy some tracking light,
Bt the Taobao shipping can't ship over (4Px)
Last time I use add.com.my b4 but Vy long didn't use liao,
Any other shipping company can recommend,

Not too ex one.
Thanks.
princess seems to have somehow cleared their backlog.

my 3 shipment out of china liao.

my shipment contained many kinds of lightings etc.

u might wanna check out princess.

Sent from the stars - home is so far away. using GAGT
honghongz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #4314

I want to buy a remote lighting.

The person ask me has 零线 or not. I use google, think is Neutral line.

Mine is something like that.

Also anyway to convert to LED?
Super easy, just remember to switch off the mains when you are changing the lights. I bought mine locally, paid $3.40/pc (18W led + driver) for after coupon and points. Since the local seller offered 1 month 1-to-1 exchange warranty, and same price after taobao + intl shipping.

http://list.qoo10.sg/g/414221446

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b84HxM4iy0

Last edited by redglue23; 13-10-2017 at 08:39 PM..
redglue23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #4315

Princess..
Ok thanks.
for-kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 10:45 PM   #4316
Master Member

received my 2nd parcel from princess also. not happy they split my parcel without informing. so basically paid on 29th sept, received my stuff on 13 oct. will you still be using them again?
Kaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 10:55 PM   #4317

received my 2nd parcel from princess also. not happy they split my parcel without informing. so basically paid on 29th sept, received my stuff on 13 oct. will you still be using them again?
Based on the picture youíve posted, it seems that your another 3.5 kg need to be separated because itís long in shape. Possible that itís hard to consolidate with the rest. I got the same experience too but not with pricess but dexi. I got one box around 6 kgs with misc items and another one box long in shape around 90 cm. I canít imagine if consolidate together, my long 90 cm item will be broken along the way or not. Of course dexi not even inform from the start. However both items reached me in Singapore also few days apart. I only know this when I login into the website by dexi agent
hslovemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 11:13 PM   #4318
Master Member

Based on the picture youíve posted, it seems that your another 3.5 kg need to be separated because itís long in shape. Possible that itís hard to consolidate with the rest. I got the same experience too but not with pricess but dexi. I got one box around 6 kgs with misc items and another one box long in shape around 90 cm. I canít imagine if consolidate together, my long 90 cm item will be broken along the way or not. Of course dexi not even inform from the start. However both items reached me in Singapore also few days apart. I only know this when I login into the website by dexi agent
you mean my 3.5kg one was long in shape? it wasn't. my lightings were placed in a rice cooker box, and you know rice cooker isn't long in shape.

yeah your incident is pretty similar to mine, so when your first parcel arrive did you sign for it? i rejected because i didn't know they were split, i thought how come i paid shipping for 20kg, and yet i only received 3.5kg. wheres my other stuff? i presumed they were lost. it was only when i feedbacked to princess they asked their warehouse to look for my other items, gave me a new tracking number and from there it took another 3 days for my other items to arrive in SG.

damn stressful, and v troublesome also.
Kaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 12:42 AM   #4319

you mean my 3.5kg one was long in shape? it wasn't. my lightings were placed in a rice cooker box, and you know rice cooker isn't long in shape.

yeah your incident is pretty similar to mine, so when your first parcel arrive did you sign for it? i rejected because i didn't know they were split, i thought how come i paid shipping for 20kg, and yet i only received 3.5kg. wheres my other stuff? i presumed they were lost. it was only when i feedbacked to princess they asked their warehouse to look for my other items, gave me a new tracking number and from there it took another 3 days for my other items to arrive in SG.

damn stressful, and v troublesome also.
I signed when the first parcel came because one day later I login to website to get china to Singapore tracking number. Then I saw there were 2 tracking number. I clicked further and the employee of the agent put a note there to tell me expecting 2 parcels because one of stuff is long in shape. Not possible to consolidate all into one big parcel.

At least the forwarder I engaged has a proper working website. Lot of stuffs mostly self help. Now a day I seldom talk to the customer service because can settle myself. Only engage her when want to send something to Singapore where I am not sure can send or not.

Last edited by hslovemoney; 14-10-2017 at 12:46 AM..
hslovemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2017, 12:42 AM   #4320
Master Member

1111 - no.
will use sea shipping instead and wait out the long drawn out shipping rush.

meanwhile found 1 arnd same pricing forwarder - 懒洋洋 (oh no the name). reviews kinda mixed.

see how la.

honghongz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.