[Official Thread] Blood Donation - Give Blood Give Life

version10

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I plan to go apheresis also - which one do you need to go based on this:

http://www.hsa.gov.sg/publish/hsapo...donation/what_to_donate/whats_needed_now.html

based on the type, some you can do every month, some you can do once in 4months.

I just went for my apheresis luckily im AB+ and thats what the first choice :)

icic, apheresis i havent done any before. all whole blood. much more faster. maybe u can try whole blood, but need 3 mth then can donate again. btw, hw old r u?

im turning 21 this year :)

Anyway i went for the donation, its defintely longer. Reached there at 330 and left at 530, think i was considered fast as there was a guy before me and was still there when I left.

its exactly the same as the whole blood donation, in terms of how they insert the needle in and stuff. They basically draw blood from you into a flask and spin it to seperate the plasma and draw it out which then returns the remaining blood to your body.

for sure i feel more tired compared to normal blood donation but hey, it could be saving a life and I only suffer temp effects.

version10

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway you dont have to note what kinda donation you should do (plasma, palets etc. etc.). Just note whole blood or apheresis. Once at the apheresis centre they'll determine what they're gonna draw from you

i donated plasma earlier and im able to do either whole blood or apheresis donation in 1 months time :)

oh you get a free refreshment and snack at the cafeteria if you do it at bloodbank @ HSA for those who want "extra" incentive to save a life haha

*EDIT : oh and a quick mention, not everybody is able to do an apheresis donation, a certain size of the vein is required and the doctor will check

Last edited:

steve_lim

Reaction score
anyway you dont have to note what kinda donation you should do (plasma, palets etc. etc.). Just note whole blood or apheresis. Once at the apheresis centre they'll determine what they're gonna draw from you

i donated plasma earlier and im able to do either whole blood or apheresis donation in 1 months time :)

oh you get a free refreshment and snack at the cafeteria if you do it at bloodbank @ HSA for those who want "extra" incentive to save a life haha

*EDIT : oh and a quick mention, not everybody is able to do an apheresis donation, a certain size of the vein is required and the doctor will check

yep, agree... apheresis require big and thick vein... grad u enjoy the donation... 21yr still studying at poly?

LittleRedDot

Reaction score
UPUPUP

Sunday, August 8 ,11:00am
Bloodmobile@ Henderson Industrial Park
Bloodmobile @ The Riverwalk (Clarke Quay)

Tuesday, August 10,1:00pm
Bloodmobile @ Tampines Regional Library
Bloodmobile@Woodlands Regional Library

Wednesday, August 11,1:00pm
Bloodmobile @ Queenstown Public Library

Thursday, August 12,1:00pm
Bloodmobile @ Bedok Public Library

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just did Double Red Cell Apheresis Blood Donation - total time almost 2hours, but then watch movie The Lovely Bones while donating =:p
But the good thing, I supposed to help two lives and only need to go back after 16weeks.
I am advised not to do platelets due to my blood is negative and they told me to go double red cell.

I am happy and feel more healthy :D

Upz for more people to see and encourage more to donate :)

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fyi, for those who donated thrice, can collect this shirt.
imag0174s.jpg

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where can we collect this?

when you go in, facing the registration counter, on there left there is an office.

must be donated within a certain timeframe?
i have enough to collect that tshirt a few times over
:o

you have enough as in this year or since you started? if you mean since you started, i'm sure there are tons of ppl around who can collect the tshirt many times. :o
anyway at least 3 times this year & collection only once per person if i not wrong.

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when you go in, facing the registration counter, on there left there is an office.

you have enough as in this year or since you started? if you mean since you started, i'm sure there are tons of ppl around who can collect the tshirt many times. :o
anyway at least 3 times this year & collection only once per person if i not wrong.
Ah.. I am qualified then - 4times a year so far! :D
The t-shirt looks cool - like Superman - Saving Life =:p
Thanks for the info bro :)

And I noticed the canteen is new management now - all guys who was serving - top up $1 can get Nasi Padang :D

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to do the apheresis thing ? Do we still queue at the same counter (i am talking about the outram blood bank) or seperate counter ? Need to call ahead of time to make med check appt ?

Bluefreak

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Less than a month before my next donation. :o

Btw, do you all update your donor card?
Like how many times have you donated....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.