HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[PSA - Job] Scoot Flight Crew Cadet Programme

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #61

Don't know leh.
I think its only fair if the cadet foot the bill if they fail. Because they failed to ensure they pass especially after the company has "invested" their money into the cadet. They are after all a biz entity. I think its only fair that both sides bear some responsibilities otherwise they are most probably going to attract people who wants the job but not the effort required.
self funded MPL/CPL programmes with airlines has been around for quite sometime. it helps companies with their training budgets etc. in US and europe its very common for pilots to pay for their own clocked hours or CPL/ type rating lor. just too bad we are in a airspace congested country/region, the price may be steep as we need to go overseas to fly. SQ one they pay for you but their starting pay is not that fantastic and bear in mind of the selection rounds you have to go thru, and don forget you have to fight with RSAF pilots. besides SQ now alr got surplus of too many pilots.
Old 22-07-2015, 09:51 AM   #62
Master Member

self funded MPL/CPL programmes with airlines has been around for quite sometime. it helps companies with their training budgets etc. in US and europe its very common for pilots to pay for their own clocked hours or CPL/ type rating lor. just too bad we are in a airspace congested country/region, the price may be steep as we need to go overseas to fly. SQ one they pay for you but their starting pay is not that fantastic and bear in mind of the selection rounds you have to go thru, and don forget you have to fight with RSAF pilots. besides SQ now alr got surplus of too many pilots.
Oh, I didn't know that overseas pilot have to diy too. From what I understand, SQ has been getting their supply from RSAF, personally know a few peeps where they accepted a cut in pay to go SQ as RSAF got cut off age, every 3 months or so have tests to undergo as well.

Are you aware if the cost on Msia side has rise as well? The last I know was stated at $60k ..
Lexmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 09:51 AM   #63

I supposed they are a LCC. Pay wise, LCC pilots kind of lose out to FC pilots (Hearsay only ah, don't know how true). So ROI may be longer if they sponsor? But again, reports have been saying Asian region is facing a lack of pilots so why not reduce the obstacles to help genuine people to achieve that!

I'm so put off by the cost of training with no end in sight. Thinking of getting privately in Msia instead, don't know how would that work out to though.
I shared exactly the same thoughts as you. Have been thinking of going Malaysia to get one PPL. But having said, when applying for local license with caas may be a problem. Must check with caas before going forward. But have been holding back. Did some research. Is about 10k sgd for PPL.
Aviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 09:54 AM   #64

Oh, I didn't know that overseas pilot have to diy too. From what I understand, SQ has been getting their supply from RSAF, personally know a few peeps where they accepted a cut in pay to go SQ as RSAF got cut off age, every 3 months or so have tests to undergo as well.

Are you aware if the cost on Msia side has rise as well? The last I know was stated at $60k ..
yes, sq have been doing that, and they are also recruiting from the public pool. are you talking about getting PPL in msia?
Old 22-07-2015, 09:56 AM   #65
High Supremacy Member

need about $160k for the training fees...

as long as u r not that cock up type, shld pass. first year salary about $3-4k.
Old 22-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #66
Master Member

yes, sq have been doing that, and they are also recruiting from the public pool. are you talking about getting PPL in msia?
Yah. Msia PPL. There are a few in Johor, my info is pretty outdated as I kept dreaming and being crushed after learning of the cost haha.

I shared exactly the same thoughts as you. Have been thinking of going Malaysia to get one PPL. But having said, when applying for local license with caas may be a problem. Must check with caas before going forward. But have been holding back. Did some research. Is about 10k sgd for PPL.
Is only 10k meh, where got so cheap
There's this Singaporean unker who chased after his pilot dream and wrote on the blog the routes that the public could probably take. He's now a flight instructor. Quite informative.
Lexmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #67
Arch-Supremacy Member

actually must fly how many years before can make back the training cost sia.

somemore not many unless those from rich family can afford.

those planning on bto and settling down one can forget it.
Old 22-07-2015, 10:05 AM   #68

actually must fly how many years before can make back the training cost sia.

somemore not many unless those from rich family can afford.

those planning on bto and settling down one can forget it.
About 5-7 years then u will start to feel the money coming in. Before that is usually debt paying.
Old 22-07-2015, 10:05 AM   #69

Yah. Msia PPL. There are a few in Johor, my info is pretty outdated as I kept dreaming and being crushed after learning of the cost haha.

There's this Singaporean unker who chased after his pilot dream and wrote on the blog the routes that the public could probably take. He's now a flight instructor. Quite informative.
PPL Only ma. Does not include stay. Means have to travel in and out.
Old 22-07-2015, 10:06 AM   #70
Supremacy Member

I think for people who want this job can pay their own sch fee, the risk is there for the individuals for learning. What scoot can do is to give those student who pass with a lump sum of money as a bond. win win for both
spiritGate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 10:07 AM   #71
Arch-Supremacy Member

About 5-7 years then u will start to feel the money coming in. Before that is usually debt paying.
out of reach to peasants.
Old 22-07-2015, 10:08 AM   #72

used to be around 10k but after the recent crashes of the 9M training flights in johor region (3-4 years back) i think got some action taken by the msian gahment, i dont rmb what is it but either more expensive or cant take in senai anymore,
Old 22-07-2015, 10:12 AM   #73

cannot be $160k. MPL programmes now also roughly $200k SGD, unless you are talking about CPL without type rating.
Old 22-07-2015, 10:15 AM   #74
High Supremacy Member

assuming you have a poly diploma, and you going to invest $200k into this. it's like forking out $200k to go UK to study a degree in smlj business or marketing loh. or that's how i see it lah. Gonna take at least 10 years to pay off the loan. that's if you put aside $1.6k every month over 10 years. but i'm sure salary will not be that low and like every career, you just have to sacrifice at the start to pay off debt before you see returns.

at least pilot, 10 years later can see some returns. go UK study marketing, come back SG, spend 10 years pay back $$, after that tio retrenched.

Old 22-07-2015, 10:19 AM   #75

Would love to apply, if not for the fact ive already spent 100k + on my degree
-nyox- is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.