HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[PSA - Job] Scoot Flight Crew Cadet Programme

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2017, 07:53 PM   #1051

Thanks - how much does that secure? All 200k?
I think so, please contact Maybank for my information. I don't work for them..
glennchuashaopeng@gmail.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 12:54 PM   #1052

Should be 200k so you still need to fork out the rest yourself.
wannabecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 02:17 PM   #1053

You know alot maybe you do! ha thanks for the help thus far i will contact them directly thanks!
sinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 02:34 PM   #1054

Unhappy

You know alot maybe you do! ha thanks for the help thus far i will contact them directly thanks!
I believe there are many here who are just as knowledgeable, if not more. Most of what I know is just doing the research, and digging up whatever I can find.

I am still cracking my brains on how to fund the program to be honest, as I'm not prepared to let my parents or good friends be the guarantor when there's no guarantee of a job at the end of training. Fingers crossed get selected first..
Old 13-09-2017, 03:08 PM   #1055

I believe there are many here who are just as knowledgeable, if not more. Most of what I know is just doing the research, and digging up whatever I can find.

I am still cracking my brains on how to fund the program to be honest, as I'm not prepared to let my parents or good friends be the guarantor when there's no guarantee of a job at the end of training. Fingers crossed get selected first..
Thanks for all the information you have shared!

I think for the guarantors..they will only need to worry about you 'running road' if you fail the course, and MIA, then failing to pay the loan. As long as you take up responsibility of paying the loans, I don't think you will be burdening your guarantors.
SierraMikeAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #1056

Thanks for all the information you have shared!

I think for the guarantors..they will only need to worry about you 'running road' if you fail the course, and MIA, then failing to pay the loan. As long as you take up responsibility of paying the loans, I don't think you will be burdening your guarantors.
I am a diploma holder, so if I don't make it, it means slogging my life on 8-5 jobs to pay off the loan. It's different if you're a degree holder though. Qualification counts a lot in Singapore. Just my opinion.

Ultimately, the risk is extremely high for my situation. But let's see how it goes.
Old 13-09-2017, 11:22 PM   #1057

With maybank, you can have up to 2 guarantors. Total amount you can loan is up to 8 x (guarantors' monthly income), capped at $200,000.

Meaning if you want to loan a full $200k, your guarantors need to have a combined monthly income of $25,000. If not you won't be able to loan up to the max $200k.

Thanks - how much does that secure? All 200k?
proworm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 02:49 AM   #1058

With maybank, you can have up to 2 guarantors. Total amount you can loan is up to 8 x (guarantors' monthly income), capped at $200,000.

Meaning if you want to loan a full $200k, your guarantors need to have a combined monthly income of $25,000. If not you won't be able to loan up to the max $200k.
True. Terms and conditions differ from bank to bank but it's around the stated figure above. Generally interest around 4-5% per annum. Some allow 4 guarantor. Some allow loan of up to 10x guarantor income. Banks that you guys can try other than Maybank is, CIMB,RHB, ocbc.

Do take note that once the loan is dispersed, you'll have to start servicing the interest monthly.
dreamflyer787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 02:56 AM   #1059

If Scoot doesn't work out for me, I will try it out. Afterall, Qatar is offering MPL instead of a CPL license. Would be disastrous if any pilot loses his job with the airline before he gets his ATPL.
Yeah. And it's not unheard of. If a person with a MPL loses employment, he has to retake CPL before flying again. IMO, starting out overseas on a MPL programme is riskier, tho the pay may be significantly higher
dreamflyer787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 05:15 AM   #1060

Yeah. And it's not unheard of. If a person with a MPL loses employment, he has to retake CPL before flying again. IMO, starting out overseas on a MPL programme is riskier, tho the pay may be significantly higher
i hold an MPL.
yes and no, MPL is getting more and more common in the industry, compared to the traditional CPL, it ties you to a specific type of aircraft and and specific airline operations but once you unfreeze your ATPL after 1500 hours you are pretty much the same as CPL holders who unfroze their hours as well.

And no, you dont have to retake your CPL, MPL conversion is do-able ATM, but dont quote me, alot of ding dongs here and there because its still new, but its happening..
Old 14-09-2017, 05:26 AM   #1061

1. A320 program

Cost: $241K (TR included)

Start off as Junior FO (then about 4 months to be promoted to FO) once done with training.

No bond with company.

Faster progression to command position (CPT), but lowing starting pay compared to B787.

2. B787 program

Cost: $224K (TR included - 50% payed by candidate, 50% by Scoot)

Start off as SO, but higher base pay once promoted to FO.

6 years bond with company - due to the 50% sponsor for B787 TR.

A320 mainly fly medium haul (regional), B787 usually long haul (or higher demand medium haul routes)

TR for B787 takes about 3 months longer (when in TR training = SO pay and takes about 6-8 months to be promoted to FO)

General route:

ATPL theory papers 6 months (@SFC, likely in Seletar)->12 months in Perth for MCC.

Then after that is TR training (I know that B787 TR in SG - Boeing as a training centre in Seletar with B787 simulator, Airbus not too sure) and Line Training. During TR training, get pay as JFO and SO respectively (I think)

Notes:
1. Scoot can choose not to hire you after the course IF they don't need pilots - but will provide support - ask help from other airlines. (highly unlikely given that budget airline is the future of travel - personal opinion)

2. Roster pattern is vastly different for A320 and B787. Obviously, B787 more time will be spent away from base.

3. They are generally, looking for young people, who have a Scootitude - being different, unique, young vibes, energetic etc.

4. This program is for those who want a long term position growth with the company, not a quick fix high pay job.

5. They have a few intakes coming up, November, December, March April I think (someone else please confirm)

6. Each batch I believe they are looking to take in 12 students - if lesser than 6 is selected - cancelled or delayed start of training. (My personal opinion)

7. Maybank loan allows up to 200k (from my understanding). I also need to crack my brains to dig up the additional 50k or so, that's if I can find guarantors LOL FML

8. I was concerned about the change of top management recently - Campbell leaving, along with his 2 key personnel (2 years ago I think) and the former SilkAir and TigerAir CEO, Mr Lee Lik Hsin replaced him. Talked to the Chief Pilot for B787 - he said everything was good with management, it was a shuffle within SIA - I am not too sure about this, but I do feel Scoot is still a very good place to work for. (I'm big fan of their marketing campaign that Campbell and his marketing team did)

FYI- its Chief Commercial Officer, Leslie Thng, is also leaving for Vistara (SIA's India's airline) next month. I am not so sure how it is going to be panned out but let's see. (I'm not sure who is replacing him)

Lee Lik Hsin - from his interview I saw on YOutube a few months ago, is a more reserved person in general compared to Campbell - typical Asian, feels like a very cultured-like person. His work at TigerAir didn't impress me - but hopefully I am proved wrong soon.

Ho Yuen Sang is BAH's Chief Operating Officer - FYI

This is about it for the roadshow. Salary they mentioned not to spread out loud though. The rest of the information you probably can find online on your own research.

There's lots of people who attended today. Think at least 100.

Assessment on 11th October, interview on 12th and 13th October. Results will be out within 2 weeks.

They have 6 B787 and 39 A320NEO on order. So chances are they WILL NEED PILOTS.

If there's any information that someone feels is wrong, please correct me. I may have mistaken some of the information. Just want to share the information to those who can't attend for whatever reasons.

All the best guys and girls for your application.

Hope to see you in October.

Cheers.
How do you have "scootitude" in the cockpit?
Old 21-09-2017, 02:45 PM   #1062

Anyone gotten a call up for the October interviews yet?
sinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #1063
Supremacy Member

Anyone gotten a call up for the October interviews yet?
Im still waiting too. No news no picture.
The Reporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #1064

Im still waiting too. No news no picture.
No news still
Haridas009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #1065

Thumbs up thanks

1. A320 program

Cost: $241K (TR included)

Start off as Junior FO (then about 4 months to be promoted to FO) once done with training.

No bond with company.

Faster progression to command position (CPT), but lowing starting pay compared to B787.

2. B787 program

Cost: $224K (TR included - 50% payed by candidate, 50% by Scoot)

Start off as SO, but higher base pay once promoted to FO.

6 years bond with company - due to the 50% sponsor for B787 TR.

A320 mainly fly medium haul (regional), B787 usually long haul (or higher demand medium haul routes)

TR for B787 takes about 3 months longer (when in TR training = SO pay and takes about 6-8 months to be promoted to FO)

General route:

ATPL theory papers 6 months (@SFC, likely in Seletar)->12 months in Perth for MCC.

Then after that is TR training (I know that B787 TR in SG - Boeing as a training centre in Seletar with B787 simulator, Airbus not too sure) and Line Training. During TR training, get pay as JFO and SO respectively (I think)

Notes:
1. Scoot can choose not to hire you after the course IF they don't need pilots - but will provide support - ask help from other airlines. (highly unlikely given that budget airline is the future of travel - personal opinion)

2. Roster pattern is vastly different for A320 and B787. Obviously, B787 more time will be spent away from base.

3. They are generally, looking for young people, who have a Scootitude - being different, unique, young vibes, energetic etc.

4. This program is for those who want a long term position growth with the company, not a quick fix high pay job.

5. They have a few intakes coming up, November, December, March April I think (someone else please confirm)

6. Each batch I believe they are looking to take in 12 students - if lesser than 6 is selected - cancelled or delayed start of training. (My personal opinion)

7. Maybank loan allows up to 200k (from my understanding). I also need to crack my brains to dig up the additional 50k or so, that's if I can find guarantors LOL FML

8. I was concerned about the change of top management recently - Campbell leaving, along with his 2 key personnel (2 years ago I think) and the former SilkAir and TigerAir CEO, Mr Lee Lik Hsin replaced him. Talked to the Chief Pilot for B787 - he said everything was good with management, it was a shuffle within SIA - I am not too sure about this, but I do feel Scoot is still a very good place to work for. (I'm big fan of their marketing campaign that Campbell and his marketing team did)

FYI- its Chief Commercial Officer, Leslie Thng, is also leaving for Vistara (SIA's India's airline) next month. I am not so sure how it is going to be panned out but let's see. (I'm not sure who is replacing him)

Lee Lik Hsin - from his interview I saw on YOutube a few months ago, is a more reserved person in general compared to Campbell - typical Asian, feels like a very cultured-like person. His work at TigerAir didn't impress me - but hopefully I am proved wrong soon.

Ho Yuen Sang is BAH's Chief Operating Officer - FYI

This is about it for the roadshow. Salary they mentioned not to spread out loud though. The rest of the information you probably can find online on your own research.

There's lots of people who attended today. Think at least 100.

Assessment on 11th October, interview on 12th and 13th October. Results will be out within 2 weeks.

They have 6 B787 and 39 A320NEO on order. So chances are they WILL NEED PILOTS.

If there's any information that someone feels is wrong, please correct me. I may have mistaken some of the information. Just want to share the information to those who can't attend for whatever reasons.

All the best guys and girls for your application.

Hope to see you in October.

Cheers.
thanks for the informative summary. very helpful for us who can't attend the roadshow.
jetcjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.