HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

14yr old girl in Toa Payoh got her hand crushed by sugar cane machine!!

Like Tree34Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #46
Master Member

young pple has no appreciation for risk, anyway, unless her father donate his hand, most likely is uplorry the entire hand up to risk...
bullsback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #47
Supremacy Member

Seriously...**** you guys who made those dumb and insensitive comments... you are no different from a few idiots who videotaped the whole thing when the firemen were there trying to rescue her...

I was there at the scene when it happened just now and it is not at all funny...Was queuing for the Hokkien mee opposite the sugar cane stall and I heard a sudden scream...I turned my head and saw the poor girl's right hand stuck in the machine and she kept repeating it's painful. The most sad thing was I couldn't do anything but just stand there stunned..helpless feeling..and it's an awful feeling

No...I don't have pics and don't ask me for any...It is not one bit funny if you were there to witness this...
AshleyRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #48
Supremacy Member

Dun like that, maybe the hand still got hope leh? Bones crushed but maybe attach a plate to hold it together?

All the best to the gal! Recover fast
socketer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #49
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then blame who sia? The machine? The sugar cane business?
sinkies must find something to blame when things happen.
i see u learn well from our masters.

we comfy comfy at home, sometimes also must think got ppl outside more unfortunate.
not everyone grew up in luxury.
Old 23-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #50
Supremacy Member

My solution is to build a simple barrier... with a circular hole to insert the sugar cane... it will create some distance between fingers and the rollers
It's a simple barrier n quite a good idea. Has to be detachable for easy cleaning after use as well. But then circular abit not practical cause they usually go through a fee times for a sugarcane and the shape won't be the same. Probably needs to be abit wider...
MianBaoFren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #51

Dun like that, maybe the hand still got hope leh? Bones crushed but maybe attach a plate to hold it together?

All the best to the gal! Recover fast
At most can replace with artificial hand but wont have function bah.
TauNowBoHoSay likes this.
xocrrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #52
Supremacy Member

sibei sad...

i'm quite sure its daughter helping her father and at the same time have some father-daughter bonding...

father must have regretted not stopping her daughter from helping...

on the other hand, i hope its not because of some stupid carelessness on the daughter part that got her in trouble...
eg. 1 hand putting the suger cane into the machine, the other hand holding her phone read facebook...
game goondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #53
Master Member

Seriously...**** you guys who made those dumb and insensitive comments... you are no different from a few idiots who videotaped the whole thing when the firemen were there trying to rescue her...

I was there at the scene when it happened just now and it is not at all funny...Was queuing for the Hokkien mee opposite the sugar cane stall and I heard a sudden scream...I turned my head and saw the poor girl's right hand stuck in the machine and she kept repeating it's painful. The most sad thing was I couldn't do anything but just stand there stunned..helpless feeling..and it's an awful feeling

No...I don't have pics and don't ask me for any...It is not one bit funny if you were there to witness this...
My feeling is, this sec2 girl is waiting for school to start and plans to earn some cash during this holiday period by helping her dad out. Out there, who wanna hire sec2 youngster. Maybe her father have promise to reward her if she help out, but unfortunately this happen. Very pity. Hope she will be fine once school starts.
a&w_rootbeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #54
Supremacy Member

the machine should be the old type

newer models got a safety barrier
osirisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #55

sinkies must find something to blame when things happen.
i see u learn well from our masters.

we comfy comfy at home, sometimes also must think got ppl outside more unfortunate.
not everyone grew up in luxury.
By putting a 14yo risking operating a machine? I hv only seen small boys n gers just doing cashier job. This is her father negligence clearly...
xocrrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #56
Master Member

Sorry lor.
Esmond Wan Mo Peh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #57
High Supremacy Member

Aiyo, hope she is ok, feels sad.
ngensys2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 01:14 AM   #58
Supremacy Member

It's a simple barrier n quite a good idea. Has to be detachable for easy cleaning after use as well. But then circular abit not practical cause they usually go through a fee times for a sugarcane and the shape won't be the same. Probably needs to be abit wider...
Maybe like a oval, flat shaped filter funnel to direct the sugar cane to the rollers... The funnel should be long and slender so human fingers cannot pass through
Old 23-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #59
High Supremacy Member

Sorry lor.
You are really not a likeable person at all... everytime see ur posts I can only groan...
lycheehello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #60
Supremacy Member

At most can replace with artificial hand but wont have function bah.
Maybe not as bad as reported, few finger's bones crushed, but attach a plate for the bones to heal? I just hope for the best for the gal
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.