Air purifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those in dire need of filtration and due to medical conditions require "anything" but have little budget....can go for this for your air-con.

mediawebserver

Still available from HomeFix, some NTUCs and the likes. Not expensive, it's S$17.90. (Amazon selling same size @ usd4.95 last year).

Fix it up on your air-con, or box fan if you do not have a/c. At least it'd work. Proven to work last year by someone with an air particle counter. (think dropped nearly 50%). So maybe 200 become 100?

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those in dire need of filtration and due to medical conditions require "anything" but have little budget....can go for this for your air-con.

mediawebserver

Still available from HomeFix, some NTUCs and the likes. Not expensive, it's S$17.90. (Amazon selling same size @ usd4.95 last year).

Fix it up on your air-con, or box fan if you do not have a/c. At least it'd work. Proven to work last year by someone with an air particle counter. (think dropped nearly 50%). So maybe 200 become 100?

my aircon tech guy say this filter will make the aircon less cold leh, cos it blocks out a certain % of the air.

dunno how true is that.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my aircon tech guy say this filter will make the aircon less cold leh, cos it blocks out a certain % of the air.

dunno how true is that.

Forgot to warn....(1) try to max out the fan speed or at the very least medium. And (2) keep the louver fan blades clean. DIY clean or engage a/c cleaning services.
I mean, use your hands to guesstimate, must have a decent amt of air blowing out from the fan coil unit mah.

Have been using this on and off since last year since Amazon FSSG in May. So nearly 1 year, maybe 300 hours in total for my PC room (my bedroom has HEPA-13 purifier). No issue even though i 100% fully covered the original filter with 3M filterete....Panasonic fan coil unit in my room. :)

If scared, just cover 50%. Filtration would be reduced, accordingly. Or maybe cut and paste at the back of a fan and switch it on together with the a/c. For those desperate for filtration and hence "anything goes", i guess.

Last edited:

minimalistism

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

mediawebserver

Heng i stock up a lot from amazon rast time, that time buy cost around 5 to 6 dollar usd.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 17000 ijjit the same as HA170? How much u bought that time? How u fweel abt the filter?

not bad but abit noisy, but we used to it ler.
Just vacuum the prefitler last week damn dirty the HEPA seems good still.
iirc, direct from Amazon + expedited all in 250 or so.

I have step down long ago so no issue.

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually after using like no diff

Overall more for pyschcological reason, to know that we are doing something to clean' the haze

minimalistism

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not bad but abit noisy, but we used to it ler.
Just vacuum the prefitler last week damn dirty the HEPA seems good still.
iirc, direct from Amazon + expedited all in 250 or so.

I have step down long ago so no issue.

The hepa filter need to be replace?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heng i stock up a lot from amazon rast time, that time buy cost around 5 to 6 dollar usd.

I purchased 20+ packs in total as I need to use them in my PC room and also my mum's place for the kids as she's taking care of them most times. 8 of them boxes slightly stained by a slightly leaking shower gel bottle which did not get packed in the usual PE bag, I got those 8 pcs + shower gel FOC. :s22::o:vijayadmin:

Amazon wan shui!

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The hepa filter need to be replace?

"HEPA-10" or HEPA-13 filters usually need to be replaced about 1.5 years, in my experience. I switch on daily about 8-12 hrs a day in an air con room. But do note, usually that means that the dirty air has been cleaned and so the air stays relatively clean, ie switching on 2hrs or 12 hrs not much diff.

And of coz in PSI or AQI 300-400 conditions, if you do use it for more than a couple of weeks or so and you open/close the door often in an air con room, you should expect the airflow to drop noticeable quite fast (in a few weeks of usage). But I think we all not so suay to kena 300-400 PSI in a span of > 1 week.

I was using my HEPA air purifier last year's June episode, the filter was already in usage for many months....after the Haze period, I noticed the airflow to have dropped noticeably. So after that changed the filter loh....
My wife was pregnant, so I literally kept the filter running 24/7 for that what....5 to 6 days.

HEPA filters cannot be washed, btw. Best is to have a prefilter as well (can DIY), to prolong the HEPA filter.

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have decided to get this:
Amazon.com - Honeywell 50250-S 99.97% Pure HEPA Round Air Purifier - Hepa Filter Air Purifiers

probably going to sim lim tower to get step down transformer this weekend.

Remember to get a good, one. Preferably get a step-down tranny that is at least 4X higher than the power consumption. Believe the 50250 is 170W.
A 500 watter would be nice. You probably would operate it in low or medium 98% of the time, so lower power consumption. High power is v noisy.

Step down tranny catching fire, however remote, is not a laughing matter. I was debating this with quite a few EDMWers, they do not believe this can happen as transformers is a v mature tech. Also, always people would be at home during its operation mah. Literally nobody has smoke detectors as well. This was last year.... I mean, heck.....simi is house fire? :D

And then you know what happened? My place downstairs neighbours caught fire just last month + there were occupants in the house. Many tens of thousands of dollars lost. Fire ins is one thingy....all the trouble of re-renovating (you know....2-3 months you gotta live in a hotel or relative's house) and risk of loss of lifes is another. And a non-comprehensive insurance does not cover renovation also hor....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.