EDMW Knife Collectors

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
moving...

I still have the following for sale:

- Spyderco Paramilitary CPMD2 mint going at a really good price for a limited sprint run version
- Gransfors Bruks Hunters Axe
- Camelbak Trizip Black (no bladder)

PM me for pricing if interested.

Last edited:

InvestmentJunkie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hallo knife butties
I want to order a spyderco pacific salt yellow with plain edge and a Benchmade 111h2o folder.

May I know which online site gives the best prices including shipping to Singapore? Thanks.

InvestmentJunkie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any idea what kind of knives used by our Singapore elite forces? rangers / commandos / navy etc?

SOF used Cold Steel Recon Tanto during my time. Commandos used Fairbairne Sykes dagger during my time. Actually for commandos the knife is pai swee only, they never use at all during training.

The tip is easy to break off when it hits a rib and no way to tell blade orientation in the dark cos of round handles. This was from feedback of actual operators who used them.

sojourn88

Reaction score
d no way to tell blade orientation in the dark cos of round handles. This was from feedback of actual operators who used them.

thanks! thats a interesting feedback and observation on tactical use perspective. i see that the Ka-Bar make a lot with round handles too!

InvestmentJunkie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hallo knife butties
I want to order a spyderco pacific salt yellow with plain edge and a Benchmade 111h2o folder.

May I know which online site gives the best prices including shipping to Singapore? Thanks.

Can anyone help me with this? I thinking of hooting from yourcornerstore.com. Cheaper than knifecenter but they dun carry Benchmade.

fireal

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks vespaguy. I have a budget of around $50 and i intend to get them from knifecenter.com. I have heard about the sharpmaker, but don't mind learning how to sharpen with a benchstone. What would you recommend a newbie to get?

i have sharpmaker and lansky , but i would definitely reccomend benchstone , its takes a long time to master it but its well worth it and very rewarding

i use benchstones now most of the time , with japanese water stones and finish off by stropping , razor sharp.

sojourn88

Reaction score
The signed version limited edition FORESIGHT:

foresight_01_wm.jpg

foresight_02_wm.jpg

sojourn88

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this? I thinking of hooting from yourcornerstore.com. Cheaper than knifecenter but they dun carry Benchmade.

cutleryshoppe.com ... try this one.. both benchmade and spyd are there.. there is additional 25% offf benchmade too.

Last edited:

Sirus Swiftshadow

Reaction score
Is it possible to obtain a katana that can actually cut through stuff in Singapore?

As in it's not just a prop, it is actually usable?

slayergut

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a 10 inch blade full tang Khukuri?
I ordered one extra from Nepal. pm me if interested.

InvestmentJunkie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of bill scagel knives since i first saw them in bernard levine's book. But the real ones are 20-30k today each. Anyone knows who makes the best repros today?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
^^ the only scagels I came across are the few leftovers from Northwood knives or occassional runs commisioned by KSF and produced by bark river.. No idea if they are exact faithful replicas or modern iterations though..

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
re: scalgels? if I had $$, I would prefer to invest in lovelesses or michael walkers :) those scalgels are nice, but did not exactly have great f&f. perhaps you can try those knives by Jim Behring or Mike Malosh?

re: live blades (katanas) or shinken. yes, but you'll need to get the necessary approvals/permits from A&E. I do believe some shops can bring it in. and some owners import their own...permits/approvals are at the discretion of A&E (same as for the Silat / Filipino guys bringing in their live blades). I don't know about the China-made stuff, but the ones from Japan cost a pretty penny though. Nice to look at but I wouldn't want to be swinging something that costs so much time, effort and $$ to buy, import, store/display and maintain (and possible polishing if it rusts/oxidizes). YMMV :)

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
re: scalgels? if I had $$, I would prefer to invest in lovelesses or michael walkers :) those scalgels are nice, but did not exactly have great f&f. perhaps you can try those knives by Jim Behring or Mike Malosh?

re: live blades (katanas) or shinken. yes, but you'll need to get the necessary approvals/permits from A&E. I do believe some shops can bring it in. and some owners import their own...permits/approvals are at the discretion of A&E (same as for the Silat / Filipino guys bringing in their live blades). I don't know about the China-made stuff, but the ones from Japan cost a pretty penny though. Nice to look at but I wouldn't want to be swinging something that costs so much time, effort and $$ to buy, import, store/display and maintain (and possible polishing if it rusts/oxidizes). YMMV :)

AMEN! 10char

LeSadGuy

Reaction score
Hey guys, this probably isn't the best way to start off my first post, but it's the best way for me to reach out to a larger community with common interests. I currently have a Cold Steel Spartan for sale since I'm strapped for cash, so if there are any interested parties, please send me a me a PM for more details :) i apologize if this is the wrong place to be posting this.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.