kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OMG - just came across this
Must make it soon
5 Ingredient Strawberry Rose Tart !
Qo71fCWl.jpg

c4VeDpVl.jpg

must buy strawberries n maybe the mascarpone cheese too if not sticking to cream cheese

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought that huge tub of sun dried tomatoes from Phoon Huat today
du8osKml.jpg

l8KWrQml.jpg

Again NTUC East Point ran out of fresh basil - only have rosemary !!!
Tomorrow likely to take advantage of the 1-for-1 Main Course + slice of Strawberry Shortcake Offer at Bakerzin - can definitely get my basil then from CS if not from NTUC ... can proceed with my cod or salmon items then + also the 3-ingredient Cranberry Brie Bites or Strawberry Rose Tart etc ....
Fresh hoot from NTUC at below $40
- yes saw the American avocados at $1.90 each - was almost tempted into getting the $5.95 HAS Mexican avocados but decided to replenish my lemon stock instead as got $3.65 offer for 4 now (as only hv 2 or 3 remaining lemons in fridge now)
Saw $6.50 frozen cooked mussels from Chile done 3 ways - like not bad as an accompanying side dish for pasta or toast/naan etc ....
Decided against buying the $6.50 offer on frozen salmon as yet to use the smaller pack bought last Thursday ...
JRCVYnfl.jpg

Strange saw Gourmet brand Mushroom Stuffing rolls going for $9+ each at NTUC - bought my 2 rolls from Marketplace on Tues discounted at only $2++ each ???
Have bought the baby Portobellos for this stuffing - think will be great with added sun dried tomatoes etc for extra flavour too

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gA2RG60l.jpg

Last night's very simple LC dinner

Today Sunday lunch was some yummy Assam Prawn n Stir fry French Bean - forgot to take pic !

Dinner tonight mom tarpaued home Pork Satay n Chwee Kueh from Bedok - thank god the Pork Satay has vastly improved since the last time 1-2 months back which was really really CMI n almost forced us to boycott satay !!!

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With that cheapo 6-case muffin tray that could fit into my halogen oven, I should be able to do some easy fast recipes there (easier to handle compared with the individual baking cases ?)
- tonight came across more Bites/Pastry type/Egg-Quiche type recipes using Wanton Wrappers, Tortilla cases, Pizza or Puff/Filo Pastry dough n even flattened fresh bread slices cut to shape

Examples :
Y5j6zQXl.jpg

BxkQTL6l.jpg

3CCuu4nl.jpg

KzERn8sl.jpg

KHxgaSdl.jpg

tRyuJsCl.jpg

WawXuTzl.jpg

uBs2hkql.jpg

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.dietdoctor.com/which-low-carb-doctor-has-helped-their-patient-attain-the-greatest-type-2-diabetes-improvement

What’s the Greatest Type 2 Diabetes Improvement on Low Carb?
3 days ago by Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt in Diabetes

Which doctor has helped their patient achieve the best improvement in HbA1c (a measurement used in type 2 diabetes) using a low-carb diet?

C5xcWQ_WcAAB_uO-800x450.jpg

It looks like we have a winner – congratulations to Dr. Amy Savagian and her patient! A reduction of 11.6 percentage points is impressive to say the least.

Could this be beaten?

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wish our HPB would advocate an LCHF Lifestyle here in their War Against Diabetes when even South Korea has gotten on to it -see https://www.dietdoctor.com/the-doctor-who-brought-low-carb-to-korea
[Dr. June S. Yang is the doctor who brought LCHF to South Korea, by translating Dr. Robert Lustig’s YouTube lecture and Nina Teicholz’ book The Big Fat Surprise. Perhaps it’s not a coincidence that South Korea recently saw soaring sales of butter…]

https://www.dietdoctor.com/type-2-diabetes-reversal-100-pounds-lost-10-months

Type 2 Diabetes Reversal and 100 Pounds Lost in Only 10 Months!
3 days ago by Amanda Åkesson in Diabetes stories, Dr. Jason Fung, Weight loss stories

C5l5a-4VMAIbsUR-800x800.jpg

Before and after

John has been able to reverse his type 2 diabetes, and lose 100 pounds (45 kg) – a nice side effect – in only 10 months. Congratulations – fantastic!

Want to do the same thing? Then you should follow Dr. Jason Fung’s advice on intermittent fasting and a low-carb diet.

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-do-an-lchf-diet-2

How to Do an LCHF Diet
11 hours ago by Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt in About membership, Dr. Eric Westman, Low Carb High Fat

Do you want to know how to do a low-carb, high-fat diet the right way? Here’s one more of the best presentations from the LCHF Convention. One of the world’s leading experts on low-carb, Dr. Eric Westman, teaches us just the way he teaches his own patients. Including everything that’s important to do LCHF right.

I don't know HOW to Copy Paste the Non-Youtube Video over here
HELP - can anyone pls TEACH ME HOW - on those & those videos WhatsApped to me too ???
- Go to above link to watch the short video or just read the transcript at below link

You can watch a segment above (transcript at https://www.dietdoctor.com/member/presentations/westman-2). The full 1-hour presentation is on our member site:

How to Do an LCHF Diet – Dr. Eric Westman
https://www.dietdoctor.com/member/presentations/westman-2

Start your free membership trial to watch it instantly – as well as over 200 video courses, movies, interviews and other presentations. Plus Q&A with experts and our low-carb meal planner service, etc.

Transcript
PREVIEW_ Eric Westman - How to Do an LCHF Diet (SA2015) 2

Dr. Westman: How can you lose fat weight when you're burning sugar?
Hmm, very difficult.
So if you're in a car, you have an accelerator and a break, and the
accelerator is the fat burning and now you're eating carbohydrate and you have to
burn them and you're stopping the fat burning.

So it makes sense to not eat carbohydrate when you're trying to maximize the fat burning in your body. Oh, you've never heard of that before? But does it make sense?
Oh, you've heard of it before and makes sense!

And it didn't work? Yeah, I remember your story, you told me you tried everything. You
tried the low-fat, you tried the ultra low-fat, you tried the low-calorie, you tried the
shakes and the bars and all that...

This is really the fundamental principle of how our bodies work.
Is through that insulin level going up. So I can pretty much guarantee that if you
follow this, it's going to work. But I can't guarantee you're going to do it. So that's up
to you, but-- I want your body to become a fat burning machine.

Now let's take that one step further - out the window here you see the cars.
If you have a car and it burns gas or petrol, what do you put in it? Gas, petrol, yeah.
So if you have a body that's a fat burning machine, what do you put in it? You couldn't say it, could you?

(FAT of course ----> HF LC = LCHF !)

Ooops .... better be HF Conscious again myself !
Should go back to my 3 Tbsp CCO-Coconut Oil per day (1/5 Tbsp in the morning/night) with my 3x ACV per day n Eat up the many blocks of butter in my chiller too
Need to buy fresh Bragg ACV with the mother as the current Organic Non-Bragg ACV seems kind of funny the last time I touched it - had some kind of "slimey strand" there somehow after NOT touching it for some time ????
Also better DO my Lemon-infused Waters again - somehow hv been getting this runny nose most consistently since CNY too sighzzzz ....

challenge-1200x478.jpg

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Someone else who adopts my Non-Nazi LCHF Approach to Better Health
Read https://www.dietdoctor.com/eat-satisfied-avoid-floursugar-keys-success

“Eat Until Satisfied and Avoid Flour/Sugar Have Been the Keys to My Success.”
13 hours ago by Amanda Åkesson in Dr. Jason Fung, Intermittent fasting, Weight loss stories

1238657337834806415.jpg

There is not necessarily a one-size-fits-all when it comes to improving health and losing weight. For instance, some people seem to do great on a more liberal low-carb diet, just avoiding the worst carbs, with no need to stay strictly low carb.

Here’s a happy email that we received from Dave, who’s been able to make significant changes mainly by using intermittent fasting:

The Email

Dear Diet Doctor,

I began at 6-0; 225 lbs (102 kg) about two years ago and this morning hit 190 lbs (86 kg). I don’t do LCHF anymore but your site led me to intermittent fasting with links to “Butter Bob” and Dr. Jason Fung. The principles of the site; eat until satisfied and avoid flour/sugar have been the keys to my success.

There are lots of ways to skin the cat and everybody is different. For me, intermittent fasting is the predominant regime with a slightly different nutrition plan but what I learned at Diet Doctor kept me motivated and slowly more educated.

Thanks very much,
Dave

I too did my usual IF 18/6 today
- having my 1st Meal at only around 1pm after last night's dinner -----> 18 hours FAST with a 6-hour Eating Window

As usual went for my To Go For LC Kosong FISH SOUP (Mom didn't want to go for the Bakerzin Offer Lunch today - to do it in the next 2 days then ...)
6FQ36Nal.jpg

Found this morning that I've lost that extra kg I'd put on with my non-LC Baking by just eating slightly more consciously No-Sugars & Less Food over the weekend too ...
BUT later I will proceed to be sinful again by using up the Picnic Ham in the Ham & Cheese Roll Pinwheels [BAKING with Puff Pastry] or Muffin Bakes/Ham-Egg Mini Quiches & for Dinner planning to do Teriyaki Glazed Salmon with a simple Broccoli Stir-fry (since mom won't touch the broccoli if in a salad)

Can't do the Pan fried Cod in White Wine with Tomato-Basil Sauce paired with a Basil-Tomato Pasta as YET to buy the fresh basil (NTUC Simei AGAIN didn't have any fresh basil yesterday !)

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some goodies from
https://www.dietdoctor.com/deal-unsupportive-family-members
Ask Bitten Jonsson, RN, About Food Addiction

How do you flavor coffee without sugar?

Hi Bitten,

I have been doing LCHF for almost two months and have lost 14 pounds (6 kg). I feel great and no more stomach issues! The only sugar I have is one teaspoon in my coffee in the morning. It pushes my carb intake up by 4 grams so I would rather find some other way of flavoring my coffee and not have an sugar at all. I don’t like substitutes; they leave an aftertaste and they are just as much carbs. I really don’t want to give up my one cup of coffee a day and I don’t like taste with cream and sugar. Can you help?

Mary

Hi Mary,

This is easy. Try cinnamon spice, it has a natural sweet flavor or cardamom in your coffee. Or some coconut cream. Those are great ways to spice up your coffee without sugar or sweeteners.

Enjoy,
Bitten

What sweetener should I use?

Thank you Bitten for your videos. I never really thought of myself as a sugar addict but I have known that I am a food/carb addict for many years. Lately I have found it very difficult to resist donuts, cookies and the like. I am back on the LCHF wagon after some stints with calorie counting, exercise mania, etc. and feeling much better.

One thing no one here addresses is sweeteners. I know the artificial sweeteners are dangerously bad but what are we to use for sweetening? Or does using any kind of sweetener sabotage our efforts to break the addiction? Is it just a continuation of a bad habit?

Thank you for your kind response.
Cathy

Thank you so much for raising this Q. And your guess is right, sweeteners cause cravings for sugar and also stop weight loss in many people. It’s a ”merry-go-round”. What shall I use as a substitute is the most common Q I get. My answer is: nothing, there are no substitutes.

My answer is: nothing, there are no substitutes.

Have you read any books about addictive brains? We need to have great knowledge and insight into addiction in order to learn to live with our chronic illness. There are no shortcuts. It takes a lot of self love and patience to make the necessary lifestyle changes that give us peace to live with addiction. We also need other people in order to recover.

Soon there will be a list of self help groups on this site and I recommend you connect with one of them to learn more about how to live happy, joyous and free without ”sweets”. I wish you the best.

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.dietdoctor.com/press-pulse-can-ketogenic-diet-help-stop-slow-cancer

Press-Pulse: Can a Ketogenic Diet Help Stop or Slow Cancer?
4 days ago by Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt in Cancer, Ketosis

GettyImages-498910900-800x533.jpg

Can a ketogenic diet help stop or at least slow down cancer? Many people believe it can be an important part of the treatment.

Read all about the super exciting research in this new article:

Nutrition and Metabolism: Press-Pulse: A Novel Therapeutic Strategy for the Metabolic Management of Cancer
http://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12986-017-0178-2

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/egg-butter
Egg Butter
5 days ago by Anne Aobadia, Emma Shevtzoff (Photo) in Recipes, Breakfast, Condiments

DD-264-1200x800.jpg

Egg Butter
91 Ketogenic low carb Easy 5 + 15 m

This may seem a bit odd, but trust us that this is nothing short of a brilliant dish when you’re not in the mood for cooking. Use it as a spread for seed crackers or slices of cucumber and you’ll have a great snack or a light breakfast or lunch.

For 2 Servings :
4 eggs
1⁄3 lb butter
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper

Instructions
1. Place the eggs in a pot with cold water, just enough to cover the eggs. Bring to a boil without a lid.
2. Let the eggs simmer for about 8 minutes. Cool down quickly in cold water.
3. Peel and chop the eggs finely. Stir in the butter, salt and pepper. Add optional flavoring, suggestions below.
4. Serve as is or as a topping on seed crackers or as a dip for veggies like cucumber or celery stalks.

Tip !
Try flavoring your eg butter with chili flakes, fresh herbs or your favorite seasoning. Egg butter is great as a topping on just about anything – both hot and cold dishes, as avocado, salmon, turkey and ham, but also in soups and stews and on top of vegetables and salads.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/baked-chicken-wings-creamy-broccoli
Baked Chicken Wings with Creamy Broccoli
6 days ago by Anne Aobadia, Emma Shevtzoff (Photo) in Recipes, Main course

DD-346-1200x800.jpg

Baked Chicken Wings with Creamy Broccoli
67 Ketogenic low carb Easy 10 + 45 m

This is a really easy-to-make crowd pleaser! These tender chicken wings really hit the spot, and served with creamy broccoli they make for a great weeknight dinner.

For 2 Servings :

Baked chicken wings

1½ lbs chicken wings
¼ orange, juice and zest
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Creamy broccoli
¾ lb broccoli
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions
Instructions are for 4 servings. Please modify as needed.

1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Mix juice and zest from the orange with oil and spices in a small bowl. Place the chicken wings in a plastic bag and pour in the marinade.
3. Give the bag a good shake to cover the wings thoroughly. Put aside to marinate for at least 5 minutes but preferably more.
4. Place the wings in one layer in a greased baking dish.
5. Bake on middle rack in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the wings are golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
6. In the meantime, divide the broccoli into small florets and parboil in salted water for a couple of minutes. They’re only supposed to soften a bit but not lose their shape or color.
7. Strain the broccoli and let some of the steam evaporate before adding the remaining ingredients. Serve the broccoli with the baked wings.

Tip !
You can substitute the broccoli for small florets of cauliflower or Brussels sprouts. If you have an outdoor grill going you can use that for cooking the wings as well.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/portabello-mushrooms-fries-aioli
Portobello Mushrooms with Fries and Aioli
DD-336-800x534.jpg

Flavorful portobello mushrooms are a great and filling alternative to meat. Here with delicious low-carb root celery fries, vegetables and a spicy aioli.

For 2 Servings :
6 cherry tomatoes
1 oz. scallions
1 red chili pepper
2 portobello mushrooms
2 oz. butter or olive oil
salt and pepper
Fries
½ lb root celery or rutabaga
salt, to taste
1 cup oil for frying or coconut oil
Chili Aioli
8 tablespoons mayonnaise
½ tablespoon chili powder
1 garlic clove

Instructions
Instructions are for 4 servings. Please modify as needed.

1. Mix together mayonnaise, chili powder and garlic. Place in the refrigerator while you are preparing the rest of the dish.
2. Remove the stem and fry the mushrooms for 10 minutes on each side until soft and thoroughly cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Fry tomatoes, sliced scallions and chili in a separate pan. Keep vegetables and mushrooms hot while making the fritters.
4. Peel the root celery or rutabaga and slice into half-inch rods. Place in ice-cold water for ten minutes. Remove and dry off.
5. Heat the oil to about 350°F (180°C). Keep your pot or deep fryer under constant supervision.
6. Do not put all the fries in at once, or the oil will cool down.
7. Deep fry until the fries turn golden. Put on paper towels and salt to taste.

Tip !
If you can’t find portobello mushrooms in your grocery store, just use any other kind of mushroom you like.

I've just bought some Mini Portobellos to stuff with the processed discounted Mushroom-Chicken Stuffing (2 Rolls) I'd bought from Marketplace - will add sun dried tomatoes etc for extra flavour too

Last edited:

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.dietdoctor.com/fantastic-diabetes-reversal-four-months

Fantastic Diabetes Reversal – In Only Four Months!
February 24 by Amanda Åkesson in Diabetes stories, Weight loss stories

We received this fantastic e-mail from a very happy Nikolas, about his quick type 2 diabetes reversal:

Good afternoon,

My name is Nikolas and I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes four months ago. At this moment, the last days of December 2016, I am completely diabetes free without using any medications at all! I am free from any kind of medication. My doctor just used the standard protocol and prescribed Metformin for me but since making my research on your website I decided to go low carb high fat!

I was also fasting once a week for detoxification according to the advice of Jason Fung. Unfortunately I don’t like picturing myself but I am 20 kilos (44 lbs) less than I was in August 2016! This is amazing advice you gave me, not to use and follow the standard protocol and taking medications for a dietary disease! It is the worst thing doing to people giving them medications instead of advising fasting and a low carb high fat approach!

Thanks very much,
Nikolas

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already ate up more than half of the 9 Ham Cheddar Cheese n Cranberry Pinwheels leaving only 3
PKb3SYXl.jpg

Used up as much of the ham as possible as got 9 pieces there couldn't squeeze anymore ham in as too thick for easy rolling ! Must eat the ham up before it spoils - already longer than the 2 days' recommended time to finish up from opening pack >2-3 weeks ago !
ixk54xYl.jpg

Baking away in halogen oven
l6bgqnEl.jpg

DGKw2znl.jpg

Crispy puff pastry - super easy n fast ! Mine with additional dried cranberries too yum yum yum ...

Hot Ham & Cheese Party Rolls
http://www.kitchenshares.com/2015/03/hot-ham-cheese-party-rolls.html
35167984d76fd8e06e15a6371bd69cd7.jpg

Now to prepare my Pan Seared Teriyaki Glazed Salmon for dinner - mom ready has a Chicken-Brinjal item n Veg is Cabbage ....so will keep the broccoli for another day ....

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.