HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Local girl gets shares her story – how her life is ruined by NUS

Like Tree177Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2017, 03:47 PM   #1

Local girl gets shares her story – how her life is ruined by NUS

http://leongszehian.com/?p=15841

My name is Jeanne Ten. I am a Singaporean. My life has been utterly destroyed by NUS. In 2012, I began a long drawn legal battle with NUS regarding the wrongful denial of my MA degree (by Research) in 2006. My trial will begin next month on 1 August 2017.

To date, I have already spent more than $100,000 in fees. I have exhausted all my savings. I have no choice but to resort to crowdfunding the legal fees. I hope Singaporeans can extend a hand, no matter how small the amount, to uphold justice.

http://jeanneten.blogspot.sg/

This lawsuit is not just about Dr Wong’s failures as a supervisor or his professional enrichment through using my MA thesis. Most importantly, it is about the wrongful termination of my MA candidature by NUS. The termination of my candidature has affected my life. NUS failed to observe due process in investigating my complaint against Dr Wong, and penalised me for my refusal to accept the NUS’ dubious investigation.

This lawsuit is also about representing the voice of those who cannot afford to access equal legal resources. A public body like NUS is financially strong to drag this out in court. The longer it drags, the more painful and difficult it is for an individual like me to seek justice.

NUS managed to withhold crucial information about facts related to my lawsuit until as late as July 2015, when it eventually disclosed information that would adversely affect its case. To date, I have hundreds of thousands of legal fees to pay and I have already spent more than S$100,000 in fees.
WhyNPNT and WarCloud7 like this.
acidman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:49 PM   #2
Greater Supremacy Member

Jeanne, who did you vote for?
plsbanthem and WhyNPNT like this.
nachtsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:50 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Sinkie pwn sinkie.

Heng atb scholar no such problem

lalalalalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

http://leongszehian.com/?p=15841

My name is Jeanne Ten. I am a Singaporean. My life has been utterly destroyed by NUS. In 2012, I began a long drawn legal battle with NUS regarding the wrongful denial of my MA degree (by Research) in 2006. My trial will begin next month on 1 August 2017.

To date, I have already spent more than $100,000 in fees. I have exhausted all my savings. I have no choice but to resort to crowdfunding the legal fees. I hope Singaporeans can extend a hand, no matter how small the amount, to uphold justice.

http://jeanneten.blogspot.sg/

This lawsuit is not just about Dr Wong’s failures as a supervisor or his professional enrichment through using my MA thesis. Most importantly, it is about the wrongful termination of my MA candidature by NUS. The termination of my candidature has affected my life. NUS failed to observe due process in investigating my complaint against Dr Wong, and penalised me for my refusal to accept the NUS’ dubious investigation.

This lawsuit is also about representing the voice of those who cannot afford to access equal legal resources. A public body like NUS is financially strong to drag this out in court. The longer it drags, the more painful and difficult it is for an individual like me to seek justice.

NUS managed to withhold crucial information about facts related to my lawsuit until as late as July 2015, when it eventually disclosed information that would adversely affect its case. To date, I have hundreds of thousands of legal fees to pay and I have already spent more than S$100,000 in fees.
Quoting for wanbao.
Old 19-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

Too bad is sinkie. If fT can get free Phd + $ even with lousy results
kheng86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

To Jeanne Ten

Who cares if you are Singaporean? You got do NS / ICT / IPPT and serves the nation boh? No! Then how can you say you are Singaporean? KNN you waste $100,000 over a petty lawsuit and now pok gai kpkb much and still want people crowdfund for you. Goes to show how little amount of responsibility you have. The world is not fair and wake up your idea. People like you leech off parents and expect everything to go your way. KPKB no use huan. Go out and find a proper job to work. Why need Msc? Even ITE people also can find a job.

Crowdfunding has better usages than being wasted by you in your petty lawsuit.
GBC, Providence, razorlala and 5 others like this.
Old 19-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

Tonight can sleep well!

treeskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

you get the degree you deserve i don't want to hear any complaints.

Last edited by sg patriot missle; 19-07-2017 at 03:55 PM..
sg patriot missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

Stopped reading at "uphold justice".
Ylendeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

confirm is 70%

Lol, just lol
jerichoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

if chiobu still ok can consider.
knn face rook rike buibui rike dat go bang lorry rah.

WhyNPNT likes this.
Ylendeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:56 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

This is the sick problem with all these universities. They care only about the publishing of papers. This must be quite common in universities, claiming credits and deferring those graduates' graduation. If you are under a f-up supervisor, you hong kan liao.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Travis_Touchdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

She didn't say what exactly went wrong though o.o
existence92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:58 PM   #14

I think I oso need crowdfunding for massage....
WhyNPNT likes this.
eddie2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #15
Master Member

The crux of the issue here, is why Dr. Wong says the primary sources of Jeane's thesis does not belong to her. I think we need to know how Jeane wrote her thesis.

Personally, i don't think NUS will do this. And I think Dr. Wong must have a reason to say that. Because from my own experience during my time in NUS, students will have credit if they took part in research. Their name will be listed, even if not, they will be accredited in some way.

So Miss Jeanne, why did Dr. Wong say the sources of your thesis do not belong to you?
Surely there must be some reasons, but you did not list it out you see.

Not siding with anyone, but need clarifications first.
WhyNPNT likes this.
Rocky石Smash天 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.