MRT to try out new way to queue to foster gracious behaviour

Like Tree4Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #61
Master Member

no matter what... got downside

1) old aunties will squeeze in when the door open. Left one seat and they still want to try their luck. Chinatown station one good example.
2) SMRT train driver always press the "Doors Closing" buzzer immediately after opening door.. make ppl kan cheong.
3) When the train stopped at Some interchange, the number of ppl alight is lesser than the number of ppl boarding.
4) Some train driver close door even when ppl are still boarding.
This is something I don't understand why they want to do this. They are causing the jam
FT PRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #62

i can tell you how this issue can be solved...

This is what i noticed during my train ride at around 750am at east side west bound platform.

normally at around 750am.. ppl mountain ppl sea is expected.. especially it combo with 4-5 min of train interval.. u really need to fight and garang to get onboard..

but last wk dunno what happened to smrt.. the train interval was just 2-3mins.. suddenly everyone looked so relax.. the q was manageable.. everyone could get in.. even if could not get in.. next train is 2-3 mins away only.. so can be more relax.

but today the interval changed back to 4-5mins.. so have to fight for a standing space on train again..
yummyfei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #63

Sgreans all impatient kiasu lots.

The queue system works in HK n Taipei because commuters DO NOT expect to board the very next train after arriving at the platform. They queue patiently and in an orderly manner to wait for the 2nd or even 3rd train. They buffer travel time to include queuing for train. No public education needed - basic common sense and graciousness.

In sg we try to push and force our way into the very next train that arrives.

Even in BKK (in a "lesser" developed country) they queue for train. We are not much better than the chinamen we despise so much.

Edit: worse is we export our ugly sgrean behaviour when we travel - exactly like the chinamen!

Last edited by lousylah; 17-06-2013 at 01:35 PM..
lousylah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #64
Supremacy Member

Fwah really ish steady bun bee bee wor
jyajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #65
Arch-Supremacy Member

there's still hope for sinkies but only at some stations

Akai Ryu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #66
Master Member

Got cb FTs blocking the way.
Kick them out.
Pikasso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #67
Arch-Supremacy Member

Start from your goddamn service staff.

Have you seen the red shirted personnel in Bishan MRT at around 5:30pm? They literally scream at you to board the train as soon as the doors open, insisting that "Door going to close already!! Board faster!"

If your staff are going to be so kan-chiong, NO ONE IS GOING TO KEEP CALM AND QUEUE ON.
Old 17-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #68
Great Supremacy Member

it will never work

our train doors close too fast, sometimes before people can even start to board, the doors close already

damn fug up

Last edited by arcturuz; 17-06-2013 at 02:30 PM..
arcturuz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #69

Sgreans all impatient kiasu lots.

The queue system works in HK n Taipei because commuters DO NOT expect to board the very next train after arriving at the platform. They queue patiently and in an orderly manner to wait for the 2nd or even 3rd train. They buffer travel time to include queuing for train. No public education needed - basic common sense and graciousness.

In sg we try to push and force our way into the very next train that arrives.

Even in BKK (in a "lesser" developed country) they queue for train. We are not much better than the chinamen we despise so much.

Edit: worse is we export our ugly sgrean behaviour when we travel - exactly like the chinamen!
lol dont blame the singaporeans, in the morning when u need to go to work and have a fk up boss that kp you if you late. your train come and its quite full, everyone rushing to get it.. you see the next train coming at 4 to 5 mins. seeing that this train can only fill in 1/3 of the people at your station. next train also have little chance to get into the train. with enough of this **** experience, ppl will start to squeeze and cut q. if next train is 1 or 2min, still ok. and also singapore is overcrowded, dont compare with other country.
luffy789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #70

lol dont blame the singaporeans, in the morning when u need to go to work and have a fk up boss that kp you if you late. your train come and its quite full, everyone rushing to get it.. you see the next train coming at 4 to 5 mins. seeing that this train can only fill in 1/3 of the people at your station. next train also have little chance to get into the train. with enough of this **** experience, ppl will start to squeeze and cut q. if next train is 1 or 2min, still ok. and also singapore is overcrowded, dont compare with other country.
This is the EXACT kiasu, kanchiong sgrean attitude I'm talking abt! If you read my post, I say ppl should buffer travel time to INCLUDE queuing time. If u wait til last minute to leave the house, always running late then maybe you should reassess ur time mgmt.

You've obviously never left our small island. Witness the peak period train crowd in HK, Taipei, BKK and you will really know what is crowded!

They have ALOT more ppl and yet they queue patiently and graciously. They buffer to take the 2nd or 3rd train that arrives and not rush to squeeze into the very next train.
lousylah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #71
Emeritus Honorary Member

q in order can be done but of no use if e trains keep on havn' breakdowns .
Old 17-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #72
Master Member

This is the EXACT kiasu, kanchiong sgrean attitude I'm talking abt! If you read my post, I say ppl should buffer travel time to INCLUDE queuing time. If u wait til last minute to leave the house, always running late then maybe you should reassess ur time mgmt.

You've obviously never left our small island. Witness the peak period train crowd in HK, Taipei, BKK and you will really know what is crowded!

They have ALOT more ppl and yet they queue patiently and graciously. They buffer to take the 2nd or 3rd train that arrives and not rush to squeeze into the very next train.
they peak hour frequency really damm fast de 2 min got one liao so got q also feel like no q just that it still kinda squeeze
kamipify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #73

think the root cause is education.
pigpigoink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #74
Arch-Supremacy Member

they dont get whats the problem or they dont get whats the problem?
YsoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.