HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

My MOE teacher fren say after 5yr of teaching pay will be ~6K/mth..is this true?

Like Tree235Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #46
Master Member

Bullocks.... from my source ( my sister is a teacher ) after 5 years,really can hit 5k...unless u are those zou bo lan one and do nth one...that one really can never promote
if with NS , the starting pay is 300-350 more for fresh grad
saysuzu and mustsic like this.
Old 19-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #47
High Supremacy Member

some schs have backstabbing...e.g one jc i know got backstabbing case, in the end some staffs leave

oso depends on the lvl chiu teach...if chiu teach in neighborhood sec sch, sometimes ish students bullyin u, nt the other way round
I bully my chinese teacher by not passing up homework one..

She ish nice though.
Old 19-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #48
Master Member

pay is by substantial grade, not by lvl that you teach.

pri school teachers are paid the same as jc teachers for grads.

and $5K after 5 years is definitely very realistic, if not the norm for grads with hons.
very realistic for those hons grad in the civil service
Old 19-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #49
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bully my chinese teacher by not passing up homework one..

She ish nice though.
Si ginna, go do your hw!
AhPORK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #50
Master Member

6k a month? Does it include bonuses?
6k is just basic,

bonus include:
DEC- AWS + AVC(0.75-1mth)
mid- year bonus = 0.5mth
april= performamce bonus, 1.5-3 mth

also every 4 years of service, teacher have lump sum of $$ credited to them
saysuzu, mustsic and gameacc like this.
Old 19-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #51
Master Member

They got 20k extra every 5 years right? Or something like that.
CONNECT Year GEO 1/1A1/1A2/1A3 and SEOPayout Quantum (S$)
1 -
4 15,200
7 24,000
10 25,900
15 36,100
20 28,500
25 18,500
30 20,600
Old 19-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #52
Arch-Supremacy Member

i wonder if teachers will offer sexual flavour for promotions n perks.
Old 19-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #53

CONNECT Year GEO 1/1A1/1A2/1A3 and SEOPayout Quantum (S$)
1 -
4 15,200
7 24,000
10 25,900
15 36,100
20 28,500
25 18,500
30 20,600
its about 24k every 3 years.

Approximately 7k-8k a year

Last edited by Hyruga; 19-06-2012 at 02:32 PM..
Hyruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #54

6k is just basic,

bonus include:
DEC- AWS + AVC(0.75-1mth)
mid- year bonus = 0.5mth
april= performamce bonus, 1.5-3 mth

also every 4 years of service, teacher have lump sum of $$ credited to them
Looks quite good.
Hyruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bullocks.... from my source ( my sister is a teacher ) after 5 years,really can hit 5k...unless u are those zou bo lan one and do nth one...that one really can never promote
ya. quite true.
moi univ. crassmate teaching @ neighbourhoot sec. skool oredy haf kena 2 promotions & ish now @ 5k+ after 6 years.

not m.o.e. scholar; not on scholar's (high fryer) path; juz normal avg. performer. degree ish onri a 2nd low (hons).

iirc, back in '08-'09 when i kena promoted in private sector, her skool news magazine got post simi congrats to de "following teachers" who had been promoted ... blah blah blah & she oredy hit 4.1k wif dat single promotion.

see article below for 2007 news...

Pay rise for teachers in new scheme

Chen Huifen
Sat, Dec 29, 2007
The Business Times

THE Ministry of Education (MOE) yesterday announced an improvement to the pay and career package for teachers, with the goal of making the profession more attractive.

The new Grow 2.0 package builds on the Grow package announced in September last year. Topping the list of changes are a new remuneration scheme from next April, an increment to the Outstanding Contribution Award and greater support for post-graduate studies.

Announced by Education Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam at an annual principals' appointment ceremony yesterday, the new salary scheme will peg teachers' increments to their performance and potential, and to market wage movements. It replaces the current scheme, which has fixed annual increments. With this revision, eligible teachers can expect a one-off pay rise of up to 4 per cent.

Even before the scheme is rolled out, teachers who have been graded outstanding, very good, or good performers can expect a performance bonus top-up of 1.25 months', one month's or half-a-month's pay respectively. The top-ups will be made in March next year.

Following the implementation of the new scheme, good performers can receive up to a month more in performance bonus. Very good and outstanding performers can respectively receive 1.5 months and 2.25 months more.

The changes will result in an increase of up to 12 per cent in the annual salary package of good performing teachers, according to the MOE, while pay for better performers will increase by up to 18 per cent.

"For a classroom teacher with three years of teaching experience on the General Education Officer (GEO) 1A1 grade, the annual pay package will increase from $52,000 to $58,000 for a good performer and from $55,000 to $65,000 for an outstanding performer," the MOE said in a statement.

"For an experienced principal on the Senior Education Officer (SEO) Superscale "H", the annual pay package will increase from $168,000 to $193,000 for a good performer and from $185,000 to $218,000 for an outstanding performer."

MOE said that it will also raise the Outstanding Contribution Award amount by $3,000 per school. The programme, which allows schools to recognise significant contributions made by individual staff members and teams, is given a budget of $3,000 to $10,000 a year. The higher amount will enable schools to reward more individuals who have made value-added contributions, the Ministry said.

Apart from monetary gains, teachers can also look forward to enhanced financial support and leave schemes when they upgrade themselves. Various packages, offering different combinations of interest-free loans, study grants, full-pay leave and no-pay leave will be offered next year.

The MOE will also be expanding its part-time teaching programmes, and offering more career development opportunities for teachers at various levels. The policies on unpaid leave for childcare will be extended to male teachers.

The changes have met with positive response from the Singapore Teachers' Union (STU).

"The STU is glad that MOE adopts a holistic approach in making the teaching profession better and more attractive with a comprehensive package for teachers," it said in a statement. "Besides enhancing the remuneration package and providing better career development prospects, it also focuses on an issue that is close to teachers' hearts - greater work flexibility for better work-life harmony."

The STU added that, at a time of robust economic growth and stiff talent competition, the overall remuneration package for teachers must stay competitive and keep pace with the private sector.
Old 19-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #56
Master Member

Teachers are also civil servant..y starting pay..ROA..and increment is determined by what kind of degree u háve..results and whether u r a scholar ...I doubt everyone start off with the same salary ..and after a few years ..the difference in pay wil be very obvious for the farmers and scholars
Nalgene123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #57
Master Member

event you consider those civil servant under MX scheme,

those getting 'B' grade at MX11, their increment is 8.8%.

let say b4 increment is $4500, after increment >>>$4500-->$4896, is additional $396 increment..

in private sector , we would need 2-3 years of increment to get +$396
Old 19-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #58
Master Member

If principal of primary\secondary\JC school also can earn 5 figures, moi think professors sure can earn more mah.
Professors average about all 5 figures, HOD think 2x,xxx ++ ba.
New prof like like assistant think high 4 figures ba.
Tortoise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #59
Arch-Supremacy Member

most teachers i know are of very low iq. Good to know these idiots get paid well for reading out a book.
saysuzu, Bonadaly and mustsic like this.
Old 19-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #60
Master Member

most teachers i know are of very low iq. Good to know these idiots get paid well for reading out a book.
deadguy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.