HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Official HardwareZone Sintua Thread - Part 3

Like Tree1677Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2015, 02:58 AM   #16
Banned

Ramayana event was said to occur in ancient India, there were already a monkey god at that time and he was fighting with the asuras.
Means before jttw, only Indians pray to monkey king. Not the Chinese?

BoobLicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 02:58 AM   #17
Greater Supremacy Member

Before journey to the west, ppl pray to monkey king for?
Partly for protection, partly so he would not play pranks on them.

He was a mischief maker.

Ramayana event was said to occur in ancient India, there were already a monkey god at that time and he was fighting with the asuras.
If you believe that Hanuman and the Monkey King are one and the same, sure.

The one who was prayed to in China, the one I'm referring to above, was quite different from Hanuman.

Back then, he was known only as 'The White Monkey'.
Old 16-03-2015, 02:59 AM   #18

It is a fiction, yes, but a fiction based on truth.

The Monkey King was being prayed to long before Journey to the West was even written.
Ok, i got a few things to add in;

1) Seems like in South America they had discovered some ancient caves where hey worshipped a Monkey like deity. I mean like thousands years ago. Seems like Monkey was worshipped through 3 different continents.

2) In a long ago post, I read an article from Asia One news that there was a Malaysian Chinese businessman who tranced Zhangfei, one if the 3 famed Peach Blossom Garden trio. He conduct his business in a small scale sintua without the usual fanfare.

3) In the recent msg you guys talked abt Master Szeto, a HK based priest who acted in those real life documentaries.

I came across this Malaysian Chinese chap, through watching this Youtube channel 灵异侦查 II. He is Jin Long Wang (Golden Dragon), who was something like Szeto Fazheng but more. Along the stories/videos, i saw a video abt this young Malaysian Chines boy called Jiaming or something, who claimed that he was infused with spiritual dragons from Guanyin. A Lianhe Wanbao article reported that he came to SG to help with some problems. In the video he claimed to be able to see things the naked eyes cannot see. He claimed that Jin Long Wang was accompanied by powerful dragons fluttering behind his back when he saw him.

So how true are all these? Nachtcy, in your opinion?
Perseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 03:00 AM   #19
Greater Supremacy Member

Means before jttw, only Indians pray to monkey king. Not the Chinese?
Incorrect.

I'll reclarify.

Before Journey to the West was written, people in China were already praying to an entity known as 'The White Monkey'.

He was an infamous mischief maker.

The legend of how he was subdued by Er Lang Shen was already going around during this time.
Old 16-03-2015, 03:02 AM   #20

灵异侦查 II : 07/13 "雷神大元帥附身

Btw just the add from the below msg, go to Youtube, copy and see this, 灵异侦查 II : 07/13 "雷神大元帥附身
Perseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 03:06 AM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you believe that Hanuman and the Monkey King are one and the same, sure.

The one who was prayed to in China, the one I'm referring to above, was quite different from Hanuman.

Back then, he was known only as 'The White Monkey'.
In terms of prowess, I think Hanuman match closer to the monkey king that was depicted in the novel. Hanuman was also renowned for demon slaying.
nachtsider likes this.
Old 16-03-2015, 03:10 AM   #22
Greater Supremacy Member

Ok, i got a few things to add in;

1) Seems like in South America they had discovered some ancient caves where hey worshipped a Monkey like deity. I mean like thousands years ago. Seems like Monkey was worshipped through 3 different continents.

2) In a long ago post, I read an article from Asia One news that there was a Malaysian Chinese businessman who tranced Zhangfei, one if the 3 famed Peach Blossom Garden trio. He conduct his business in a small scale sintua without the usual fanfare.

3) In the recent msg you guys talked abt Master Szeto, a HK based priest who acted in those real life documentaries.

I came across this Malaysian Chinese chap, through watching this Youtube channel 灵异侦查 II. He is Jin Long Wang (Golden Dragon), who was something like Szeto Fazheng but more. Along the stories/videos, i saw a video abt this young Malaysian Chines boy called Jiaming or something, who claimed that he was infused with spiritual dragons from Guanyin. A Lianhe Wanbao article reported that he came to SG to help with some problems. In the video he claimed to be able to see things the naked eyes cannot see. He claimed that Jin Long Wang was accompanied by powerful dragons fluttering behind his back when he saw him.

So how true are all these? Nachtcy, in your opinion?
1. When a certain belief spans different cultures that are unlikely to have interacted, you really have to wonder.

2. Not inconceivable. I have heard of Zhang Fei being channelled, and even have several photo of purported Zhang Fei mediums - they are all from Indo-China and Indonesia.

Here's one for you.

3. Also not inconceivable. People who possess the second sight have the potential to see all kinds of supernatural beings, not merely ghosts. And spiritual masters/gurus often have otherworldly guardians watching over them.
Old 16-03-2015, 03:11 AM   #23
Greater Supremacy Member

In terms of prowess, I think Hanuman match closer to the monkey king that was depicted in the novel. Hanuman was also renowned for demon slaying.
I'll give you that, haha.

The White Monkey was more a prankster and a troll than anything else, but then again, the Monkey King was both those things, too.
Old 16-03-2015, 03:34 AM   #24
Banned

nachty do you keep any pets before or current ?

if so what pets ?
zzzzzzz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 03:36 AM   #25
Greater Supremacy Member

nachty do you keep any pets before or current ?

if so what pets ?
When you ask a question here, make it relevant.

Old 16-03-2015, 03:39 AM   #26
Banned

I consult fengsui master and he say I need to have 18 goldfish

zzzzzzz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 04:12 AM   #27
Master Member

Why is there , Indian version of hanuman and Thai version hanuman . Some say sun wu Kong is the ζŠ•θƒŽθ½‰δΈ– of hanuman ?

connieyen2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 04:42 AM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nacht..

Regarding earlier discussion on reincarnation. So which means 2 parties indebted to each other, means they last life born as asia chinese buddhist, next life also same and they will meet?

How come cannot reincarnate as animals.. surely as humans again...?
FreshMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 05:01 AM   #29
Greater Supremacy Member

Nacht..

Regarding earlier discussion on reincarnation. So which means 2 parties indebted to each other, means they last life born as asia chinese buddhist, next life also same and they will meet?

How come cannot reincarnate as animals.. surely as humans again...?
Lol, who says they don't?

Two souls will continue to meet throughout various existences if they remain karmically indebted to each other. They need not necessarily remain as two human beings, nor need they share the same race or religion.

If the debt is settled, then it's bye bye.
nachtsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #30
High Supremacy Member

In part 3 and up for Hanuman.
magnus is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.