Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Official HardwareZone Sintua Thread - Part 3

Like Tree1625Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2015, 09:48 AM   #46
Greater Supremacy Member

Nacht, I don't really believe in a religion, but am very curious.

Sorry for all the amateurish and selfish questions. I know nothing about this topic and would just like to find out more.
Hi Ice, your questions are not amateurish, nor are they selfish. Let me address them.

My parents have been bringing me to temples since young and always make me drink the talisman water and shower with some flowers brought back from temples? What are those for? Also, my dad will sometimes go pluck a stalk of leaves called sio liu and make us shower with it. Is it to ward of bad luck and to offer protection?
The plant material and talisman water are specially blessed and possess purifying or warding properties. They are used to cleanse oneself of malign influences.

My family goes to temple regularly and always pray/make offerings downstairs whenever there is some 'event', but I don't have any statues or altars at home. Is the family in any way still 'protected'?
Lacking an altar does not mean a lack of divine protection. Nor does possessing an altar guarantee it.

Also, I've been an Ah Neo Kwa Kia, if I'm not wrong loosely translates to Godson of Goddess of Mercy since I was young. Does that mean she watches over me?
The deities select as their godchildren people whom they see as being in need of extra TLC. Perhaps the person might be sickly, or prone to being disturbed by evil spirits. Godchild status is rarely lifelong, if ever. When the person improves to the point where they can fend for themselves, their godchild status comes to an end. But this does not imply total abandonment.

Will spirits only be seen by people who have special abilities or the third eye?
If you lack the second sight, you can generally only see spirits if they make themselves visible to you, or if your spiritual wavelength resounds with theirs. The latter can happen when you are ill, depressed, and so on.

If you have the second sight, you can see spirits regardless of whether or not they permit you to see them. This is obviously quite problematic.

Lastly, do we really need protection from malicious spirits if we don't kajiao them? What if I got go temples pray with my family but my mentality is that I don't believe? Will the gods close one eye and still help me if something were to happen?
Spirits are usually quite happy to keep themselves to themselves, knowing that harming humans will land them in serious trouble. But there are always the desperadoes - they're not called malicious for no reason.

The gods don't care whether or not you believe in them. Devotee or non-devotee, they will protect you all the same. Such is their sense of duty.
Old 16-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #47
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the informative reply nacht!

Sent from Sony D2303 using GAGT
kosongice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 11:45 AM   #48
High Supremacy Member

magnus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 04:51 PM   #49
Greater Supremacy Member

I think I read a comic about it before. The monkey's head was chopped off, right? The comic is black and white, so I'm not sure what's the actual colour of the "white" monkey.
No, Er Lang shot the monkey with magic arrows after his (Er Lang's) hunting dogs cornered him (the monkey).
Old 16-03-2015, 05:02 PM   #50
Master Member

The deities select as their godchildren people whom they see as being in need of extra TLC. Perhaps the person might be sickly, or prone to being disturbed by evil spirits. Godchild status is rarely lifelong, if ever. When the person improves to the point where they can fend for themselves, their godchild status comes to an end. But this does not imply total abandonment.
Can write more about the godchildren status? How do we know when one become the godchildren and when the status expire?
Sacrelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 05:15 PM   #51
Greater Supremacy Member

Can write more about the godchildren status? How do we know when one become the godchildren and when the status expire?
Well, there isn't very much left to add, apart from the fact that a deity's godchild has to closely adhere to whatever taboos are associated with their godparent, attend their house of worship regularly and perhaps even be issued certain talismans or other blessed items. Godchildren sometimes even dress up as their godparents during festival days as a form of honouring them - take this boy, for instance, who is a godson of Ji Gong.

Unless you were a baby or a young child at the time and thus can't remember anything, you definitely would recall becoming a godchild, for it usually involves a fairly significant ceremony in which you would undergo the relevant rites in the presence of the deity-in-their-medium - see below, where Tua Ya is looking over a child whom he will be adopting. The events marking the expiration of the status would be similar, if lower-key.

Old 16-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #52
High Supremacy Member

Up for an artistic Buddha statue. Thai royal batch.
Old 16-03-2015, 06:23 PM   #53

Where is this place selling the TLYP amulets?
Edison Qszs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 06:42 PM   #54
Arch-Supremacy Member

One of my best friends told me that he used to be the godson of a deity (Guan Yin) maybe but he is now a Christian........

We are all humans, be it religionS, science, literatureS (some Wuxia novels, main characters learnt their skills from monkeys). We all feel that monkeys of all kinds (be it apes, gorillas, etc.) have some links with humans
Tibetans were said to descend from a demoness and a monkey lord......

Old 16-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #55
High Supremacy Member

Phra phrom amulet shop at FLS level 1.
Where is this place selling the TLYP amulets?
Old 16-03-2015, 06:59 PM   #56

Phra phrom amulet shop at FLS level 1.
Thank you. Their amulets quite ex though. I prefer the one at L2 corner shop near to the bridge leading to Rocher centre. The prices there still can be negotiate. Forgot what's the name though.
Edison Qszs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 07:01 PM   #57
Greater Supremacy Member

One of my best friends told me that he used to be the godson of a deity (Guan Yin) maybe but he is now a Christian........

Some religious scholars have drawn interesting parallels between Guan Yin and Mother Mary.
Old 16-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #58
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some religious scholars have drawn interesting parallels between Guan Yin and Mother Mary.
Too bad, he is not of Catholic denomination.

I also have drawn interesting parallels between Yahweh and Brahma and he get pissed whatever I bring that out.

Old 16-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #59
Banned

Is er lang shen most powerful god in mma?

What deity to pray for love luck?

Sent from christmas island using GAGT
MisterLim001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 07:50 PM   #60
Supremacy Member

I don't buy the ones where the person supposedly reincarnated less than 10 years after they died.

It doesn't work that way.
why minimum need 10 yrs.

btw i never hear before asian reincarnate as ang moh or vice versa.

is it because ang moh christian?
unicr0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.