HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

PM Lee apologises to Singaporeans over dispute with siblings; to answer questions in Parliament on 3

Like Tree164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2017, 01:09 AM   #541

Sure can ask any questions? I thought all questions asked must submit 2 weeks before the parliament meeting?
maxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 01:13 AM   #542
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's like the recent US case where senators grill Comey about Trump.

So pm is putting himself in a similar position as Comey.

The only difference is those asking him questions are likely to be much friendlier
not friendlier. probably adopt from mediacorp script.
animeonegai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 01:13 AM   #543

i wondered what is the purposes of answering questions in parliament?

If he can answer the questions... so what? means he is right? means no abuse of power? so he can explain everything can already? his words are gold?

If he cannot answer the questions... so what? does it means he is guilty? does it means he is in the wrong? got abuse of power? so what if he got abuse power?

the speaker of parliament is not a judge... she cannot judge who is right/wrong

i applaud his willingness to be "transparent"... but it serves little legal purposes... on the contrary... unless his siblings are also invited for the q&a... this parliament session is just a platform for LHL and his minions to broadcast their one-sided show in a more formal way..

the right venue should be in a courtroom...
Definition of Parliament from Singapore Parliament website:
"An assembly of citizens, elected or appointed, to represent the people with the primary function of passing laws for the country."

maybe after answering the questions in parliament, they'll pass some related laws
zwHrebmeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 01:15 AM   #544

Eh you all think, LHY will work with Low Thia Khiang to field his questions?
Old 20-06-2017, 01:21 AM   #545

Cannot imagine LHY work with this guy here, to give points to attack LHL.

Old 20-06-2017, 01:22 AM   #546
Master Member

Definition of Parliament from Singapore Parliament website:
"An assembly of citizens, elected or appointed, to represent the people with the primary function of passing laws for the country."

maybe after answering the questions in parliament, they'll pass some LEElated laws
corrected for u...
wongkc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 01:23 AM   #547
Master Member

as a son... i truly believes he will want to demolish the house...

but as PM... it is his duty to protect the heritage and legacy of the nation founding father... whether is it for political gain or not... lets give him the benefit of the doubt...

so if i can ask him one question... it will be... which role does he want to play... as a son or as PM of the nation?

For this saga... actually he can be the biggest winner... either way he answer he is going to win big...

if he answer he want to be a filial son... he will win numerous support for his filial ways...

if he answer he want to be PM of the nation... he will also win big support for putting nation ahead of his personal obligation as a son...

but too bad he chose the humji way... he dun dare to make that decision himself... he let the committee decide for him... really a wrong move...
wongkc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 01:26 AM   #548
High Supremacy Member

but as PM... it is his duty to protect the heritage and legacy of the nation founding father... whether is it for political gain or not... lets give him the benefit of the doubt...

so if i can ask him one question... it will be... which role does he want to play... as a son or as PM of the nation?

For this saga... actually he can be the biggest winner... either way he answer he is going to win big...

if he answer he want to be a filial son... he will win numerous support for his filial ways...

if he answer he want to be PM of the nation... he will also win big support for putting nation ahead of his personal obligation as a son...

but too bad he chose the humji way... he dun dare to make that decision himself... he let the committee decide for him... really a wrong move...
Wrong. If he decides himself, ppl say he flex his muscles or even worse abuse power
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 01:27 AM   #549

Old 20-06-2017, 01:29 AM   #550

Eh you all think, LHY will work with Low Thia Khiang to field his questions?
He should work with CSM or Sylvia Lim who are Lawyers
Articulate better, verbalise better

No offence to LTK
But look at who's got LHL's back
TOP Lawyers
Jiakbuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 01:29 AM   #551
High Supremacy Member

How come last time when accused by others never debate in parliament but sue? Not consistent leh
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 01:32 AM   #552
Great Supremacy Member

wake up lah plz. actions speaks louder than words. still need to ask for more lies to bruff urself?

his actions already showed that he disagreed with his siblings, and prolly disagreed with everyone else in the family, plus the dead old monkey. only the jinx prolly on his side.

that explained so many stunts on his side.

whereas everyone else only got 1 move: follow the old monkey's will and demolish the house.
defnull likes this.
Old 20-06-2017, 01:32 AM   #553

Hsien Yang. Lai.

Tell me what you want me to ask your brother that day

erizai likes this.
Old 20-06-2017, 01:34 AM   #554
Supremacy Member

What is a committee using public resources poking into private issue?
Old 20-06-2017, 01:35 AM   #555

he never say he dont want to sue.. Maybe pinky next step ah.. this one he wants to build case first . . .
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.