HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

PM Lee apologises to Singaporeans over dispute with siblings; to answer questions in Parliament on 3

Like Tree164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #631
Arch-Supremacy Member

The next step for LWL and LHY is likely to sue LHL already.

LHL choose to fight in parliament.

LWL and LHY should choose to fight in court.
Old 20-06-2017, 08:54 AM   #632
Arch-Supremacy Member

its worst than chitchat at kopitiam.

you can even see some of them so hardworking, they probably lack of sleep.
got a pic of wks and marlboro buddy buddy leaning on each other.......
Old 20-06-2017, 09:10 AM   #633
GBC
Supremacy Member

In parliament, he is surrounded by mostly his own cronies, so it's ownself debate ownself. You can basically guess what the conclusion is going to be.
GBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 09:18 AM   #634
Supremacy Member

Preserve his legacy. U may not agree but tats possibly Lhl opinion
His legacy is Sg, not a house. LHL already started the downward slide of the legacy with 6.9 mil which LKY himself opposed. All the tunnelling for infrastructure eg Mrt, drains , cables etc is gonna make Sg sink and collapse one day.
mummy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #635
High Supremacy Member

His legacy is Sg, not a house. LHL already started the downward slide of the legacy with 6.9 mil which LKY himself opposed. All the tunnelling for infrastructure eg Mrt, drains , cables etc is gonna make Sg sink and collapse one day.
To be fair, he was chosen by his dad so its only right pm makes the decision. If not, don't put him there in the first place. Sg won't collapse cos there's always Msia to fall back on
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #636
Supremacy Member

See how many cars still have the decal.. Still not enough to remind ppl of his contribution meh

Sent from Xiaomi MI NOTE LTE using GAGT
Also got special manga targeted at impressionable young children to brainwash them . Really is must milk for eternity.

Comic books on the life of Mr Lee Kuan Yew launched for kids.

http://www.todayonline.com/entertain...-launched-kids
Old 20-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #637
Supremacy Member

parliament is like chc sessions..........
Reciting of poems also to praise the openness of the topic
NK comes to my mind
stevetan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #638
High Supremacy Member

Also got special manga targeted at impressionable young children to brainwash them . Really is must milk for eternity.

Comic books on the life of Mr Lee Kuan Yew launched for kids.

http://www.todayonline.com/entertain...-launched-kids
I thought Foreigner cannot intervene with anything regarding to local politics?
Old 20-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #639
Great Supremacy Member

Mummy is always right !!!!!
slowstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #640
High Supremacy Member

The next step for LWL and LHY is likely to sue LHL already.

LHL choose to fight in parliament.

LWL and LHY should choose to fight in court.
i think they prefer to throw flip flop into flip-flop lee's face.

erizai likes this.
Old 20-06-2017, 09:35 AM   #641
Arch-Supremacy Member

LHL come out clarify on TV that he is innocent. But then LHY and LWL got chance to come out clarify or not? Must hear both sides what
sciprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 09:40 AM   #642
Great Supremacy Member

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong issued a statement on Monday (Jun 19), apologising to Singaporeans for the dispute between him and his siblings over the house of their late father, Mr Lee Kuan Yew, at 38 Oxley Road.

PM Lee said he deeply regrets that the dispute has affected the country's reputation and Singaporeans’ confidence in the Government, adding that the matter will not distract him and his Cabinet from governing Singapore.

The Prime Minister also said that he will make a ministerial statement to refute the allegations, when Parliament sits on Jul 3.

PM Lee's statement is reproduced below:

"Over the last week, Singaporeans have been disturbed and confused by news of the private dispute between my siblings and me. I deeply regret that this dispute has affected Singapore’s reputation and Singaporeans’ confidence in the Government.

Advertisement

As your Prime Minister, I apologise to you for this. And as the eldest of the siblings, it grieves me to think of the anguish that this would have caused our parents if they were still alive.

I had done everything possible to avoid this state of affairs. My father left the property at 38 Oxley Road to me as part of my equal share of his estate, but my siblings were not happy about this. I tried to deal with their unhappiness privately. I offered to transfer 38 Oxley Road to my sister for a nominal S$1. Unfortunately, that offer failed. I then sold the house to my brother at a fair market valuation, and donated all my proceeds to charity.

I had hoped that this would satisfy them. There should be no reason for any further quarrel, since I no longer own the house and I do not take part in any Government decisions on the house. However, my siblings have decided to go out and make serious allegations publicly. For example, they say that I am using my position as Prime Minister to influence the Ministerial Committee chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean. These allegations go beyond private and personal matters, and extend to the conduct of my office and the integrity of the Government.

Much as I would like to move on, and end a most unhappy experience for Singaporeans, these I deeply regret that this dispute has affected Singapore’s reputation and Singaporeans’ confidence in the Governmen. They must be and will be dealt with openly and refuted.

When Parliament sits on Jul 3, 2017, I will make a Ministerial Statement to refute the charges. All MPs will then have the opportunity to raise questions for themselves and their constituents. I have instructed that the PAP party whip be lifted. I urge all MPs, including the non-PAP MPs, to examine the issues thoroughly and question me and my Cabinet colleagues vigorously. I hope that this full, public airing in Parliament will dispel any doubts that have been planted and strengthen confidence in our institutions and our system of government.

I want to assure all Singaporeans that this matter will not distract me and my Cabinet colleagues from our responsibility to govern Singapore, and to deal with more important national issues, including the pressing economic and security challenges we face.

As public servants, my Ministers and I will always protect the integrity of our institutions, and uphold the strict standards separating private affairs from our public duties. We are determined to repair the damage that has been done to Singapore. We will continue to lead our nation and serve you to the best of our ability."
Source: CNA/gs
Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...ngs-to-8958868
sorry no cure loh

If sorry can resolve everything still need police for wat?

He said sorry in 2011. Now say sorry again. Dun seem repentant to me

Misuse of public for private matters. Sorry got use? Sorry can make the ministerial committee return back their pay?

Knn, even saddam hussien and buikim has more honor than this person
Vegitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #643
High Supremacy Member

father's day lee victim card sibei strong siol.
Old 20-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #644

i think they prefer to throw flip flop into flip-flop lee's face.

sunsetbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #645
Supremacy Member

To be fair, he was chosen by his dad so its only right pm makes the decision. If not, don't put him there in the first place. Sg won't collapse cos there's always Msia to fall back on
Malaysia is not our country.
mummy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.