HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Serious: Party whip to be lifted on Jul 3, what question you have for our PM?

Like Tree1Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2017, 11:48 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

Serious: Party whip to be lifted on Jul 3, what question you have for our PM?

This is a serious thread, no trolling please. So what are the questions you may have had for our PM, if you were allowed to pose questions on the recent Oxley incident?

Put your thinking hat, and pose your questions.

PM Lee's statement is reproduced below:
"Over the last week, Singaporeans have been disturbed and confused by news of the private dispute between my siblings and me. I deeply regret that this dispute has affected Singapore’s reputation and Singaporeans’ confidence in the Government.
As your Prime Minister, I apologise to you for this. And as the eldest of the siblings, it grieves me to think of the anguish that this would have caused our parents if they were still alive.
I had done everything possible to avoid this state of affairs. My father left the property at 38 Oxley Road to me as part of my equal share of his estate, but my siblings were not happy about this. I tried to deal with their unhappiness privately. I offered to transfer 38 Oxley Road to my sister for a nominal S$1. Unfortunately, that offer failed. I then sold the house to my brother at a fair market valuation, and donated all my proceeds to charity.
I had hoped that this would satisfy them. There should be no reason for any further quarrel, since I no longer own the house and I do not take part in any Government decisions on the house. However, my siblings have decided to go out and make serious allegations publicly. For example, they say that I am using my position as Prime Minister to influence the ministerial committee chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean. These allegations go beyond private and personal matters, and extend to the conduct of my office and the integrity of the Government.
Much as I would like to move on, and end a most unhappy experience for Singaporeans, these baseless accusations against the Government cannot be left unanswered. They must be and will be dealt with openly and refuted.

When Parliament sits on Jul 3, 2017, I will make a ministerial statement to refute the charges. All MPs will then have the opportunity to raise questions for themselves and their constituents. I have instructed that the PAP party whip be lifted. I urge all MPs, including the non-PAP MPs, to examine the issues thoroughly and question me and my Cabinet colleagues vigorously. I hope that this full, public airing in Parliament will dispel any doubts that have been planted and strengthen confidence in our institutions and our system of government.
I want to assure all Singaporeans that this matter will not distract me and my Cabinet colleagues from our responsibility to govern Singapore, and to deal with more important national issues, including the pressing economic and security challenges we face.
As public servants, my Ministers and I will always protect the integrity of our institutions, and uphold the strict standards separating private affairs from our public duties. We are determined to repair the damage that has been done to Singapore. We will continue to lead our nation and serve you to the best of our ability."
SOS9112001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:25 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

Uploaded another source with Chinese subtitles.
Old 20-06-2017, 12:26 AM   #3
Great Supremacy Member

chiu pmo undercover?
bastogne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:28 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

He won't be taking our questions
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:31 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

he would be more sincere if he do a "live" radio call-in QnA.

30% already knew that parlimentary readouts are pre-scripted.
Old 20-06-2017, 12:33 AM   #6
Supremacy Member

Party whip lifted.... any MP are welcome to pose any questions.

If your concerns are genuine, I believe they will be raised.
Old 20-06-2017, 12:35 AM   #7

Qn: why u sell the hse at $1 to your sister but sell at market value to your brother? is it because she is unmarried n single while he is married with kids? if that's the case, will u consider selling hdb flats at $1 to unmarried singles?
zwHrebmeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:40 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

I wanna ask him how old his siblings and his age add tgt.
Old 20-06-2017, 12:42 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

how did he get hold of the deed of gift?
Evil_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:43 AM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually what exactly is party whip? Can ppl ask qn even if it is not lifted?

Sent from The Magical Land Of Talking Pillows, Bolsters & Blankets; Far, Far Away Deep In Another Galaxy using GAGT
mypillowtalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:43 AM   #11
High Supremacy Member

Is LHY a member of CHC?

Sent from 你是我的小啊小苹果儿怎么爱你都不嫌多红红的小脸儿温暖我的心窝点亮我生命的火火火火火火 using GAGT
treeskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:44 AM   #12
Great Supremacy Member

huai ah yang cannot demolish 38 oxley road since he ish the owner of it now
bastogne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:44 AM   #13
Supremacy Member

Your wife what cup size?
tyjtht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 12:46 AM   #14
Supremacy Member

Actually what exactly is party whip? Can ppl ask qn even if it is not lifted?

Sent from The Magical Land Of Talking Pillows, Bolsters & Blankets; Far, Far Away Deep In Another Galaxy using GAGT
Party Whips ensure good communication within the party and contribute to the smooth running of the party's parliamentary machinery. The Whip lists down the speakers for each item of business and estimates the time required so that everything can be completed within schedule.
Often regarded as the disciplinarians controlling MPs in their respective parties, the Whips ensure that there are always sufficient party members in the Chamber to support the party's position and that MPs vote according to the party's line. Occasionally, he may "lift the whip" and allow MPs to vote according to their conscience.
The present Government Whip is Mr Chan Chun Sing. He is assisted by two Deputy Government Whips, Ms Sim Ann and Mr Sam Tan.
Old 20-06-2017, 12:46 AM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

PM Lee got balls man. Next general election I will vote PAP liao
HeadQuarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.