Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2017, 08:53 PM   #16
Banned

Born rich better than any degree.
sayang_ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 08:54 PM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then how come still lose to Pinoy universities in Sinkieland?
This one chiu blame your own selves beh kan, notch your uni.
fsg316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:00 PM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

Whether you come from Oxford, Sydney or NUS, you still have to do the work and read the books if you want to be educated

Knowledge is not bounded by universities. Today, we can order books from Book Depository or Amazon conveniently. But it takes effort to read and transform yourself. Learn how to think, read and articulate your thoughts.
True enough. Although in paper conscious Singapore, not having the right credentials will discount you entirely even before you've begun.

I had the choice of employing a NUS graduate with about 5-10 years of experience or an O levels grad with 20 years of experience recently. This was for a mid-level management role.

Needless to say, the sec4 guy got rejected before even an interview despite possessing excellent recommendations (from a background check) and vast experience.

Last edited by Yureak; 19-06-2017 at 09:13 PM..
Yureak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:01 PM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

Your pedigree matters. Satki NUS/NTU in your resume will allow you to one up anyone worldwide.
Old 19-06-2017, 09:03 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

you harvard or ivy or oxbridge then they respect

but if you SPU, uni of western aus or nottingham

****ing GPA 2.5 at poly can also get in, need to respect your papa money meh
roflolmao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #21
Supremacy Member

And think NUS/NTU is the best in the entire world. Did you know universities like the University of Sydney have existed for hundreds of years in the free world.

Moi wish can study at tis awesome place...
But they have ivy league classroom???
Batavia King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

Moi wish can study at tis awesome place...
But they have ivy league classroom???
bro long time no see where you go?
Old 19-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

money greater den whatever uni you graduate from... throw 10 million dollars at your face ask you lick the bottom of my foot see you lick or not~~
Moonnite_Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #24
Master Member

True enough. Although in paper conscious Singapore, not having the right credentials will discount you entirely even before you've begun.

I had the choice of employing a NUS graduate with about 5-10 years of experience or an O levels grad with 20 years of expensive recently. This was for a mid-level management role.

Needless to say, the sec4 guy got rejected before even an interview despite possessing excellent recommendations (from a background check) and vast experience.
Means you're a myopic employer...at that amount of experience still see education for fark...need see psle oso anot?
disavowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

Even when I was a young teenager, when I was about to exit from my school and tried to apply to Aussie school,

My principal said to me,

"Why do you want to go to Australia ? Don't you know their schools are worse than ours here ?"

That was said to me.

Anyways, I am bored with all these comparisons among the typical Anglo universities teaching in English language.

I only look up to top European universities, those which are very old, very historical, and very prestigious,

Such as,

My dream is to go there and take something related to linguistics.

Meat Bao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:09 PM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

Your pedigree matters. Satki NUS/NTU in your resume will allow you to one up anyone worldwide.
HR see the NUS/NTU degree jitao panties wet gao gao

Sent from ~Look at the stars~ using GAGT
starmerck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:09 PM   #27
Supremacy Member

I had the choice of employing a NUS graduate with about 5-10 years of experience or an O levels grad with 20 years of expensive recently. This was for a mid-level management role.

Wah..u so young boss ah??
Gt vacancy for me??
Batavia King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2017, 09:10 PM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

When you sell melons, you must praise melons

Especially if you're selling to your own 70%

And continue believing our education is cheap too lol
Old 19-06-2017, 09:11 PM   #29
Arch-Supremacy Member

Means you're a myopic employer...at that amount of experience still see education for fark...need see psle oso anot?
Sad to say pedigree is key. In particular as the job entails communicating with hundreds of key stakeholders (and shareholders), we need a professional face to helm this part of the organisation. So I need someone with a proven (read perfect/immaculate) writing and speaking ability.

I need someone smart, educated who is able to sound sophisticated when necessary especially in dealing with clients and our own internal stakeholders. Hence the emphasis on qualifications.

Yes, maybe the O level dude can do things just as well if not better but I need more than a person who gets things done. I need someone who looks and sounds great doing this too.
Old 19-06-2017, 09:11 PM   #30
Supremacy Member

When I was still schooling, nobody in my clique looks down on foreign universities. (or even talks about / mention them.)

They're too busy looking down on each other, the ones with lower GPA.
sinkie pwn sinkie. remember to steal each other's lunch ok
figo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.