[Official] Star Citizen / Squadron 42

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
21yJNAT.png

Less than 3.2K Alpha slots left! This will definitely drop very soon when the dogfighting module is released (this month!)

If you're interested in Star Citizen, feel free to ask us!

Last edited:

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
21yJNAT.png

Less than 3.2K Alpha slots left! This will definitely drop very soon when the dogfighting module is released (this month!)

If you're interested in Star Citizen, feel free to ask us!

Last edited:

tohwk

Reaction score
Nexa here. This game looks interesting. Reminds me of the wing commander series.

When is the anticipated date of release?

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nexa here. This game looks interesting. Reminds me of the wing commander series.

When is the anticipated date of release?

yo nexa! long time no see! full release is expected end of the year or early next year. but do note, this is not your traditional game, this is fully crowd-funded so my advise, manage your expectations accordingly.

DFM (dogfighting module) is going to be out later this month - it's like an alpha test to the actual flight-combat mechanics, expect alot of issues/changes but that's the point of an alpha. but DFM is also a critical point in the entire game development, it is make or break time for CIG but I'm sure they will deliver.

and expect it to spur a whole renaissance of PC upgrades again. it's exactly like Wing Commander decades ago! (Oh and you maybe interested, there is a FPS module in the future for boarding enemy ships)

interested? PM me.

soufigo

Reaction score
Getting prepared for this game with My New Cockpit! :s12:

Will get a HOTAS when the game releases! The monitors are the awesome Dell U2414H due to the ultra slim bezel.

Desktop view

In Asetto Corsa

And finally, inside my F7CM super hornet!

see you guys! and dun forget to join Edge Fleet!

soufigo

Reaction score
Getting prepared for this game with My New Cockpit!

Will get a HOTAS when the game releases! The monitors are the awesome Dell U2414H due to the ultra slim bezel.

Desktop view

Asetto Corsa

Finally, my F7CM super Hornet!

Edge Foundation FTW!

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10 for the Chairman - Episode 15 . April 7th, 2014

Transcript:
Q1: David Haddock mentioned some stuff about writing in-universe fiction involving the player actions, such as interviewing a player who discovers a new jump point and putting out a Spectrum post about it. Do you know how some large scale player actions like that affect the universe are going to be handled from a lore and game play standpoint like Operation Pitchfork?
A1: Not very sure currently, but their goal is to have player action become part of the in game lore. They do plan to have player driven events and such that will go along with CIGs vision for the universe.

Q2: How will commanding work in battles? Will we have some kind of strategic view of the area and can designate targets, objectives, waypoints for individual payers/wings? Kind of RTS view for commanders?
A2: They will have an article about capital ships similar to the “Death of a Spaceman” article detailing mechanics, operations, etc. Commanders will have some type of holosphere you can see the position of ships, set way points, etc. Basically a RTS like setup; may be implemented in Dogfighting v3 or so.

Q3: Has there been any more development on the Racing aspect? Will we have betting/spectator system?
A3: Currently not a lot of work done on the racing system due to focus on DFM. They do plan to have these features (ie. Betting) in game.

Q4: Will we get hangars for our Orgs, and will members be able to leave their ships there while flying an Org owned ship?
A4: Yes. Orgs will have large Org hangars and system to let members borrow ships.

Q5: How much time will it take for information to travel from one end of the playable space to the other side since the communications do not travel at FTL speeds?
A5: Not 100% defined yet. Communications currently will be beamed at speed of light in system, but from system to system, an automated drone or similar system via jump nodes will be used. Systems way out from normal civilization will likely need information runners/ships. Real time talking between players will be handled out of game (someone else clarify this?).

Q6: There has been some talk about gravity generators being part of the ship mechanic. I was wondering if you could go in to depth as to how this will work if that system is taken offline. For example, will we still be able to move about the ship without gravity, if so, how will this be done? Or will the crew of your ship that’s not belted in be stuck floating in place?
A6: FPS team has been working on this. If the gravity system gets turned off, people will float. Good mechanic against boarders, esp. if they don’t have magnetic boots.

Q7: If you have to space your cargo hold in the PU to avoid being boarded, will you be able to leave some kind of booby trap, like an explosive device or tracker hidden in the cargo? Something to make the pirates think twice?
A7: Most likely will have these two items and pirates will have ability to counter them.

Q8: What will happen to everything we’ve achieved, earned, bought, etc at the end of the persistent universe Alpha and Beta?
A8: Not currently thought about, but most likely won't be carried through at least for Alpha. But there may be a point in Beta where it may get carried over to the live PU. Alpha will only have one or two systems.

Q9: You mentioned in the beginning that there will be mission disks in SQ42. Will characters be able to go back to these mission disks of SQ42 after finishing the original campaign and moving on to the PU?
A9: Yes.

Q10: With the voice chat, will we be able to just do short range broadcasts to everyone nearby? If so, would I be able to charge in to battle blasting out Ride of the Valkyries?
A10: The voice chat will probably allow you to hail people at short range. Would like to have VoIP in game.

VoidAlpha-2.jpg

As of the time of this writing, fewer than 3,000 Alpha Slots remain. As the counter moves inexorably closer to zero, we’ve come to realize that many people aren’t sure exactly what Alpha Slots are or how they’re relevant to the Star Citizen experience. We’ve put together a short FAQ to answer some of the questions we’re seeing about the slots. Our hope is that this will help explain why Alpha Slots are so important and why you’ll want to back for a package that includes one.

Can I still play without an Alpha Slot?
Players who join Star Citizen after the slots are gone will have the option of purchasing $5 passes to play the individual alpha modules, with the money going to cover the additional server bandwidth necessary. (For phased launches, like the upcoming Dogfighting Module, passes will not be available until servers have been allotted to all existing backers.) Note that you will need a separate pass for each future module.

What are Alpha Slots?
Packages with Alpha Slots will be allowed free access to all of Star Citizen’s pre-release modules, including the Dogfighting, First Person Shooter and others. Our goal was to make Alpha Slots available to our earliest backers, the people who first helped make Star Citizen’s existence possible!

Will you ever add more Alpha Slots?
No. Once the current allotment is over, no more Alpha Slots will be added to the counter. Going forward, players who miss out on the free Alpha Slots may test individual modules by purchasing a module pass (which covers the cost of additional hardware) in addition to their ship package.
more @ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13802-Alpha-Slot-FAQ

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10 for the Chairman - Episode 15 . April 7th, 2014

Transcript:
Q1: David Haddock mentioned some stuff about writing in-universe fiction involving the player actions, such as interviewing a player who discovers a new jump point and putting out a Spectrum post about it. Do you know how some large scale player actions like that affect the universe are going to be handled from a lore and game play standpoint like Operation Pitchfork?
A1: Not very sure currently, but their goal is to have player action become part of the in game lore. They do plan to have player driven events and such that will go along with CIGs vision for the universe.

Q2: How will commanding work in battles? Will we have some kind of strategic view of the area and can designate targets, objectives, waypoints for individual payers/wings? Kind of RTS view for commanders?
A2: They will have an article about capital ships similar to the “Death of a Spaceman” article detailing mechanics, operations, etc. Commanders will have some type of holosphere you can see the position of ships, set way points, etc. Basically a RTS like setup; may be implemented in Dogfighting v3 or so.

Q3: Has there been any more development on the Racing aspect? Will we have betting/spectator system?
A3: Currently not a lot of work done on the racing system due to focus on DFM. They do plan to have these features (ie. Betting) in game.

Q4: Will we get hangars for our Orgs, and will members be able to leave their ships there while flying an Org owned ship?
A4: Yes. Orgs will have large Org hangars and system to let members borrow ships.

Q5: How much time will it take for information to travel from one end of the playable space to the other side since the communications do not travel at FTL speeds?
A5: Not 100% defined yet. Communications currently will be beamed at speed of light in system, but from system to system, an automated drone or similar system via jump nodes will be used. Systems way out from normal civilization will likely need information runners/ships. Real time talking between players will be handled out of game (someone else clarify this?).

Q6: There has been some talk about gravity generators being part of the ship mechanic. I was wondering if you could go in to depth as to how this will work if that system is taken offline. For example, will we still be able to move about the ship without gravity, if so, how will this be done? Or will the crew of your ship that’s not belted in be stuck floating in place?
A6: FPS team has been working on this. If the gravity system gets turned off, people will float. Good mechanic against boarders, esp. if they don’t have magnetic boots.

Q7: If you have to space your cargo hold in the PU to avoid being boarded, will you be able to leave some kind of booby trap, like an explosive device or tracker hidden in the cargo? Something to make the pirates think twice?
A7: Most likely will have these two items and pirates will have ability to counter them.

Q8: What will happen to everything we’ve achieved, earned, bought, etc at the end of the persistent universe Alpha and Beta?
A8: Not currently thought about, but most likely won't be carried through at least for Alpha. But there may be a point in Beta where it may get carried over to the live PU. Alpha will only have one or two systems.

Q9: You mentioned in the beginning that there will be mission disks in SQ42. Will characters be able to go back to these mission disks of SQ42 after finishing the original campaign and moving on to the PU?
A9: Yes.

Q10: With the voice chat, will we be able to just do short range broadcasts to everyone nearby? If so, would I be able to charge in to battle blasting out Ride of the Valkyries?
A10: The voice chat will probably allow you to hail people at short range. Would like to have VoIP in game.

VoidAlpha-2.jpg

As of the time of this writing, fewer than 3,000 Alpha Slots remain. As the counter moves inexorably closer to zero, we’ve come to realize that many people aren’t sure exactly what Alpha Slots are or how they’re relevant to the Star Citizen experience. We’ve put together a short FAQ to answer some of the questions we’re seeing about the slots. Our hope is that this will help explain why Alpha Slots are so important and why you’ll want to back for a package that includes one.

Can I still play without an Alpha Slot?
Players who join Star Citizen after the slots are gone will have the option of purchasing $5 passes to play the individual alpha modules, with the money going to cover the additional server bandwidth necessary. (For phased launches, like the upcoming Dogfighting Module, passes will not be available until servers have been allotted to all existing backers.) Note that you will need a separate pass for each future module.

What are Alpha Slots?
Packages with Alpha Slots will be allowed free access to all of Star Citizen’s pre-release modules, including the Dogfighting, First Person Shooter and others. Our goal was to make Alpha Slots available to our earliest backers, the people who first helped make Star Citizen’s existence possible!

Will you ever add more Alpha Slots?
No. Once the current allotment is over, no more Alpha Slots will be added to the counter. Going forward, players who miss out on the free Alpha Slots may test individual modules by purchasing a module pass (which covers the cost of additional hardware) in addition to their ship package.
more @ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13802-Alpha-Slot-FAQ

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BxdfJu9.png

less than 2.65K Alpha slots left. if you're interested in this game, do inquire with us!

CongressNowFI.jpg

UEE CONGRESS (396)

2944-04-08 SET

Session AutoScript

Proofed and Admitted –Archivist Yates (#57573BDF)

2944-04-08_09:03 – Session Begins

SPEAKER MARSHALL MADRIGAL (U-Borea-Magnus Sys): Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. If you will please take your seats, the clerk will initiate a call.

< pause >

SPEAKER MARSHALL MADRIGAL (U-Borea-Magnus Sys): As we have a quorum, we may now conduct business. Senator Han from Jalan indicated earlier that he required some more time before continuing his presentation of the possible amendments to the arrangement of flight paths, so we will open the floor for discussion. The chair recognizes the honorable senator from Vann.

SENATOR RACHEL LESTER (T-Vann-Croshaw Sys): Thank you, Speaker. My fellow senators, the Terra Gazette published a disturbing article by Galen York that exposed vast corruption within the Governors Council of Goss I who were taking payouts to buy considerations for exclusive shipping rights for goods off their planet. Mr. York’s article detailed how they would often accept payments from multiple companies for the same contract. I was shocked and disturbed by the brazen and flagrant disregard for the honor of their office. We live in difficult economic times; everyone knows that. Often, we, the government, become the target of blame from those who feel that we conspire and lie, that we’re against them. The actions of these corrupt Governors only reinforces that belief. However, I quickly realized that they would only feel that empowered if they had little fear of oversight. If it hadn’t been for the bravery of their former security aide coming forward, who knows how much longer their activities would have continued. In the wake of this event, I would like to present a motion to form a subcommittee to review the Senate’s current contract practices with private sector vendors.

SPEAKER MARSHALL MADRIGAL (U-Borea-Magnus Sys): Do you suspect a similar level of corruption here?

SENATOR RACHEL LESTER (T-Vann-Croshaw Sys): No, Speaker. I have no such preconceptions. I simply believe that it has been some time since we’ve had an internal review.
more @ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/13806-News-Update-Congress-Now

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BxdfJu9.png

less than 2.65K Alpha slots left. if you're interested in this game, do inquire with us!

CongressNowFI.jpg

UEE CONGRESS (396)

2944-04-08 SET

Session AutoScript

Proofed and Admitted –Archivist Yates (#57573BDF)

2944-04-08_09:03 – Session Begins

SPEAKER MARSHALL MADRIGAL (U-Borea-Magnus Sys): Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. If you will please take your seats, the clerk will initiate a call.

< pause >

SPEAKER MARSHALL MADRIGAL (U-Borea-Magnus Sys): As we have a quorum, we may now conduct business. Senator Han from Jalan indicated earlier that he required some more time before continuing his presentation of the possible amendments to the arrangement of flight paths, so we will open the floor for discussion. The chair recognizes the honorable senator from Vann.

SENATOR RACHEL LESTER (T-Vann-Croshaw Sys): Thank you, Speaker. My fellow senators, the Terra Gazette published a disturbing article by Galen York that exposed vast corruption within the Governors Council of Goss I who were taking payouts to buy considerations for exclusive shipping rights for goods off their planet. Mr. York’s article detailed how they would often accept payments from multiple companies for the same contract. I was shocked and disturbed by the brazen and flagrant disregard for the honor of their office. We live in difficult economic times; everyone knows that. Often, we, the government, become the target of blame from those who feel that we conspire and lie, that we’re against them. The actions of these corrupt Governors only reinforces that belief. However, I quickly realized that they would only feel that empowered if they had little fear of oversight. If it hadn’t been for the bravery of their former security aide coming forward, who knows how much longer their activities would have continued. In the wake of this event, I would like to present a motion to form a subcommittee to review the Senate’s current contract practices with private sector vendors.

SPEAKER MARSHALL MADRIGAL (U-Borea-Magnus Sys): Do you suspect a similar level of corruption here?

SENATOR RACHEL LESTER (T-Vann-Croshaw Sys): No, Speaker. I have no such preconceptions. I simply believe that it has been some time since we’ve had an internal review.
more @ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/13806-News-Update-Congress-Now

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wingman's Hangar ep064 . April 9, 2014

o Dog Fighting Module preview
o Forum Feedback... or not.
o Interview with... uh...

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wingman's Hangar ep064 . April 9, 2014

o Dog Fighting Module preview
o Forum Feedback... or not.
o Interview with... uh...

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
zntYAJY.png

about 9+hrs left till the big reveal! and expect that Alpha slot number to drop rapidly tomorrow!

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only 1970 Alpha slots left! After that no more! You'll need to PAY to get into each release.

BKJNjz6.png

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only 1970 Alpha slots left! After that no more! You'll need to PAY to get into each release.

BKJNjz6.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.