Taobao Agent in Singapore Recommendation

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i'm trying to set up an alipay account. it requested for my IC no. but seems like our local IC is not acceptable. it says '身份证号码是15或18位数字、字母' like the number should be 15-18 characters. for those who managed to set it up, can advise? thanks!

p/s : i also tried to register using the eng version of the website http://global.alipay.com/ospay/home.htm then it told me to key in whatever company registration name & cert no. WTH!

Last edited:

cattwl7

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a problem with payment for Taobao.

Previous month, I have purchased like $1300RMB of stuff.. suddenly, now I can't pay on Alipay!. I tried paying for a $200+ RMB item, after clicking the Mastercard icon, it goes to the next page and it stays there! I tried different browsers, different computers, phone, etc. !

Any idea why? Is it because I have purchased more than $1000 RMB and some id is required? My ability to read chinese is limited to the purchase page.. i don't quite understand whats on the Alipay site and etc!

someone can help?

some1outthere

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My wife does regular shopping at Taobao as well. If you guys don't mind for us to earn a small percentage we would like to try out as a agent as well. I have a van where I can do delivery too :)

quote how much you wanna charge first for bringing in to sg then say..

$5 per package?

Jack Wee

Reaction score
quote how much you wanna charge first for bringing in to sg then say..

$5 per package?

It depends on the size or weight, by air or sea freight. The cost of freight charges and tax have to be added on to what we are buying so that we are clear of the actual cost.

Why not e-mail me: sghomeaccessories-yahoo.com.sg for the items you eyeing and use my quote I gave you for comparison. So you know what you are being charged for. No harm leh...

jheng0024

Reaction score
Sourcing your shipping agent in Taobao

For those keen to get shipping agent from Taobao

Search in Taobao using keyword : Singapore
You will see a whole list of shipping agents.

If the items you are buying are mostly shipped from Shanghai/Beijing etc, it makes more sense to get a shipping agent in Shanghai/Beijing area unless there is no domestic shipping charges from seller. Similarly , if items are mostly from Guangzhou, then get shipping agent located in Guangzhou. I think shipping out from Guangzhou to Singapore is faster too.

Most of the shipping agent will list out their prices and whether they can ship prohibited/sensitive items (eg pens, liquid, cream, watches, branded etc).

Example of charges
a. First 500g - 35yuan, subsequent 500g - 15yuan that is 首重35/续重15. If more than 3kg -> ¥30/kg, more than 10kg -> ¥22/kg etc.
b. First 500g - 30yuan, subsequent 500g - 12yuan that is 首重30/续重12. If more than 3kg -> ¥26/kg, more than 10kg -> ¥19/kg etc.

Prohibited/sensitive items
I've encountered agents charging additional 30 ~ 50 yuan per shipment. Some gave different rates eg first 500g - 70yuan instead of the usual first 500g - 30yuan etc.

Also, they don't guarantee can clear custom. Any additional charges, you have to bear.
ie 新马线路仿牌/敏感货只包中国出口,不包双清关,到达目的港海关扣货或者没收,包裹不获赔偿不退运费。
我司不承担目的地海关的各种关税,杂费等费用,需由收件人自付。

Most charge by volumetric weight unless actual weight is heavier. Even so, some is l * b * h / 6000, some is l * b * h / 5000.
Eg 收费重量按:体积与实重取大者,体积计算公式:长*宽*高/6000

As for delivery timeframe, check on 时效. If mentioned 时效3-4天, it would means it takes 3~4 days to reach you after shipping agent shipped out the items.

Some allow you to keep your items in their warehouse for 15 ~ 30days before charging you storage. Some say 'forever'.

As for seller shipping out directly to Singapore, there are some in Taobao, but in my opinion, very X to do that.

Payment : Credit Card, currently subjected to 3% bank charges.

Ask and clarify (incl pricing) before committing to any shipping agent.

Above to the best of my knowledge, pardon me for any inaccuracy.

Have fun shopping.

Last edited:

k2sqng

Reaction score
Never use SGSHOP again

I use vpost for items from other countries other han China although they can handle packages from China too. For Taobao purchases, I use airsheep.com . So far it serves me well and I seldom have problems. It is fast and price reasonable.
But I made a mistake by trying SGSHOP. If I were to buy items from Taobao direct and have it sent straight to a China Address, most of them provide free local postal within China. But if you were to buy through SGSHOP, they charge RMB20 for every item. And not only that, when I top up money to pay for shipping charge via Credit Card, they slap a 3% or so charge on whatever amount I am topping up. Their service is slow and cumbersome and laden with many small charge traps here and there. I do not face such problems with airsheep. The only slight inconvenience is that I will purchase from Taobao direct and ask them to ship to airsheep address in China. Once it arrives airsheep, I will pay airsheep the postal from China to SIN. I belive other services that operates like airsheep is leaner and cheaper than SGSHOP.

I will never use SGSHOP again. They charge higher and service is sluggish, although their website looks like pro. Their customer process flow is confusing and not straightforward.

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got some friends using 65daigou. Hear good and bad things about them.

Last edited:

NightWish_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i bought from daigou before... service was ok. self collection near my place.

i also tried buying direct. depends on seller. some will take 2 weeks to reach singapore. some 2 days reach already. but shipping fees alot of diff.

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aiya just go through atbs/tiongs la...so many of them doing part time agent and will have friends coming in out every other week so just lompang them can liao

pay sinkies kena chop, sinkies pwn sinkies one dont forget

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i bought from daigou before... service was ok. self collection near my place.

i also tried buying direct. depends on seller. some will take 2 weeks to reach singapore. some 2 days reach already. but shipping fees alot of diff.

One blogger's post on 65daigou. Clearly, he is unhappy. Not sure if it is true. Can anyone else share their experience? Still deciding on which agent to use.

The Revolutioner: Why Using 65Daigou Is A Bad Idea (Review)

zened88

Reaction score
Clarification

I'm talking about buying directly from Taobao and sending the goods to shipping agent's warehouse. The shipping agent will then consolidate the packages and send them to Singapore.

Hi, mind sharing which shipping agent you use?

I'm looking to buy directly from Taobao. Many thanks!

zened88

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm trying to set up an alipay account. it requested for my IC no. but seems like our local IC is not acceptable. it says '身份证号码是15或18位数字、字母' like the number should be 15-18 characters. for those who managed to set it up, can advise? thanks!

p/s : i also tried to register using the eng version of the website Alipay, China's leading third-party online payment solution then it told me to key in whatever company registration name & cert no. WTH!

I face the same issue with the IC no. field. Any advice?

jheng0024

Reaction score
I face the same issue with the IC no. field. Any advice?

I thought there's a tab for 海外.
Anyway, you should seek assistance from 在线客服, maybe just say “新加坡用户,无法输入身份证号码” :s22:

some1outthere

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clarification

I'm talking about buying directly from Taobao and sending the goods to shipping agent's warehouse. The shipping agent will then consolidate the packages and send them to Singapore.

So you'll provide a shipping address in China, we order and have taobao send to that address, then you consolidate and help to ship to SG?

How much do you charge? $/kg etc..?

jheng0024

Reaction score
So you'll provide a shipping address in China, we order and have taobao send to that address, then you consolidate and help to ship to SG?

How much do you charge? $/kg etc..?

Not me, its the shipping agent. I'm not charging for anything, I'm just sharing my experience here.
Pls check my earlier posts on how some of the shipping agents charge.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.