Type of Washing Machine - Front Loading vs Top

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
Top load is better. Saves water and electricty.

Cleaner also as it doesn't have the problem of some items floating to the top in a top loader and as a result not being washed thoroughly. Front load everything is eashed round the drum so no such issue.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

I believe electricity is the same for both top and front but I won't agree top load can save more water.

I have used both top and front before. I can assure that front load reduced my monthly water consumption at least 30%. I will never go back to top load again.

Front load although cannot add clothes once it started but that is no an big issue. Why blamed the design when u are just simply forgetful before u start to wash.

diamond_guy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Front load washing machine is the best, period. Really zero reason to buy a top load besides being foolish :o

gtwace

Banned
Reaction score
Just get the Samsung front loading washer/dryer lah, no need hang clothes to dry.

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At least got board and not like this :(

L.21058.jpg

U just gave me idea wor~ :eek:

Can save water sia! :D

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good explanation here
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/washing-machines/buying-guide.htm
http://askann.blogs.naplesnews.com/2014/08/19/top-load-washers-vs-front-load-washers/

Top load Washers:

less expensive
fewer features
higher long-term cost of ownership
harsher on clothes.

Front-load washers:

more expensive
more luxury features
more energy & water efficient
gentler on clothes
clean better
less noisy.

Last edited:

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe electricity is the same for both top and front but I won't agree top load can save more water.

I have used both top and front before. I can assure that front load reduced my monthly water consumption at least 30%. I will never go back to top load again.

Front load although cannot add clothes once it started but that is no an big issue. Why blamed the design when u are just simply forgetful before u start to wash.
So top load or front load better?

Sent from my Den Den Mushi using GAGT
Sorry brain fart. I meant to say front load. It is definitely clearly better than top load machines.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

skai_11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
front load saves water, top load saves electricity

is that right?

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if want to wash curtains all those just buy a front load with enough capacity. front load definitely better than top load...

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never use front load before but the water won't leak out from the cover meh?

glacieraze

Reaction score
Nowadays, most of the front load washers are high efficient washer. They utilise very little water just to make the clothes damp and lesser detergent since lesser water are in there.

Here's a youtube video showing that

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I use front load to wash bedsheets and curtains, quilt I also dump in. who said cannot?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.