Understanding NS liability for PRs

Scared-Stiff

Reaction score
My baby has got approval for his PR application. He will be obliged to do NS when the time comes.

Can anyone help answer the following:

Should he decide to give up his PR will the NS liability still remain?

That is, is there an age before which he must give up the PR in order to avoid NS liability, or is the liability enforced from birth?

I cannot seem to find any specifics on the ICA website. Also I cannot reach ICA by phone, number not working! :-/

Any help is much appreciated.

złoty.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is better to give up PR

sinkie male lowest caste, be FT better

:)

:(

limpeiklk

Reaction score
If he does not plan to work here that's not much issue. If he skips NS and still expect to retain PR, not likely. If applying for permit to work here, also not likely to get. Even if he gives up PR, the parents is PR, he still needs to serve

Scared-Stiff

Reaction score
before age 16 have to decide liaoz.
if give up PR.
forever he cannot get PR in singapore ever again.

Can I please check with you where you obtained the age 16 from? Some people say aged 12. Some say 13.

IF he gives up PR I don't want him to have an outstanding liaibility here.

Scared-Stiff

Reaction score
If he does not plan to work here that's not much issue. If he skips NS and still expect to retain PR, not likely. If applying for permit to work here, also not likely to get. Even if he gives up PR, the parents is PR, he still needs to serve

So all need to give up PR then for him to avoid the liability?

johnlzr

Reaction score
People like you really wtf man. You only want the benefits of a PR/citizenship status but yet don't want the responsibilities. If you don't want to let your kids serve NS, why bother taking up PR status and free ride the economy.

But I as a human also understand where you are coming from so if you are trying to help your child evade NS, I have the following email template prepared for you.

Please contact administrator@ica.gov.sg and use my email template below. (Please copy the entire template verbatim but replace your edmw nickname with your actual name).

Dear ICA,

I am a freeloader. I applied for PR only for the benefits, such as government subsidies and to apply for flat. I have a son whom I want to evade NS when he is 18 years old. Please help me to cancel my PR and confiscate my flat so that my son don't need to serve NS,

Regards,

Scared-Stiff

Last edited:

Rainowar

Banned
Reaction score
My baby has got approval for his PR application. He will be obliged to do NS when the time comes.

That is, is there an age before which he must give up the PR in order to avoid NS liability, or is the liability enforced from birth?

I cannot seem to find any specifics on the ICA website. Also I cannot reach ICA by phone, number not working! :-/

you foreigner is it if you are you are in the wrong forum we locals do not welcome the likes of you here go to sg expats to inquire on evasion

Sent from from the den in Oxley road using GAGT

Melody Chan

Reaction score

An obligation since birth to be fulfilled at a right time.

Kburn85

Banned
Reaction score

go buck to your ****ry

**** off and never return

**** you and the plane you came on

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

can't be number not working and no info. Must be a troll. Next best option is to go visit ICA in Lavender.

syzsiew

Reaction score
Narbeh sucker u fug off bak to where u came from

Take our skool places, earn dollar, take our job and dont want to serve ns

Pui

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.