Where to make spectacle cheap cheap in Singapore???

Sever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently saw got groupon selling tag hauer frame for $179.

For Bukit Merah area, I go to the shop at Henderson market, next to the teochew porridge!

My degree 700+ asti 200+. Lens cost me about $70 for 1.67.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have patronized tony a few times, you can expect an eclectic selection of frames (you can even request that he bring in certain models for you).

however, his vision check leaves much to be desired. i recommend going getting it checked professionally at SNEC or something and get a prescription before telling tony what lens you are getting.

if you are looking for no fuss experience (his place tends to be busy on the weekends, even joanne peh patronizes him), you guys can try this optical shop ta ching @ manhattan house. prices are somewhat similar to new china optician(tony) but frame selections are not as wide

Last edited:

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For Bukit Merah area, I go to the shop at Henderson market, next to the teochew porridge!

dunno real or not. but i suspect those 'branded' frames selling in Qoo market are fake. If fake, I wont pay more than $100 bucks for it, afterall, who cares if its real or not for a frame.

hzseesee

Reaction score
I make two one 48 another one 78 in Amk neighborhood area

With color change lens made in Korea can't remember the brand but Branded lens known as transitions

Gd and cheap

Frame u can choose from $18 to $88

$88 branded like Levi, mango etc
$18 no brand likely made in china

Guess all brand are made in china

Hi, can give location of AMK neighborhood area?

X

xiao_bear_bear

this uncle tony really cheap ah?

my astig quite high leh almost 200.

optical shops always say need few days to specially order the lens.

and expensive also.

skytan13

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wow...thats Cheap. And very very near me.
Will pop by when go for lunch.

rollertoaster

Banned
Reaction score
this uncle tony really cheap ah?

my astig quite high leh almost 200.

optical shops always say need few days to specially order the lens.

and expensive also.

Ditto for me. I regularly pay 2-300 just for my 250+ astig lens, which cannot be made on the spot.

The other thing is the quality of the lens i suppose?

eliteFX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have patronized tony a few times, you can expect an eclectic selection of frames (you can even request that he bring in certain models for you).

however, his vision check leaves much to be desired. i recommend going getting it checked professionally at SNEC or something and get a prescription before telling tony what lens you are getting.

if you are looking for no fuss experience (his place tends to be busy on the weekends, even joanne peh patronizes him), you guys can try this optical shop ta ching @ manhattan house. prices are somewhat similar to new china optician(tony) but frame selections are not as wide

:eek::eek: that kinda defeats the purpose, have to make 2 trips

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hey Kusanagi, can share abit more what's wrong with his vision check?
I find it okay leh, he got help me check properly.
and if you find the lens make you uncomfortable even after a few days, go back
to him he will help you redo it
(cos i brought a new frame to make lens, and also brought along a pair of specs i made elsewhere to asked him what's wrong with it as i feel uncomfortable in the left eye, he checked and said the lens no astig but i have, then along with the new frame he say help me change that left side lens as well. i was like HUH? i said no no, this pair i made somewhere else,
not here. (he actually thought i made that pair in his shop cos he really got
too many customers everyday and i went there once before i decided to go
over with my own frame to make lens) ... then he said, oh, you shld go back
to that shop and ask them to change for you. (haiz, i changed it one time anyway, to reduce the power... long story..)

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fudan Eyeglasses.

Any thoughts if this site is legit?

China based; payment by Western Union or bank wire only; sells branded frames, bags, and beats headphones.

Big Eyes!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to owndays yesterday after reading this thread, collected my glasses in 20 minutes, $158. Very impressed.

I'm shortsighted, 400 on each eye with astig 200 and 100.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Went to owndays yesterday after reading this thread, collected my glasses in 20 minutes, $158. Very impressed.

I'm shortsighted, 400 on each eye with astig 200 and 100.
which branch?
313 got chio lian de. her service is goot :s34:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.