HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Where to sell used branded bags?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #1

Where to sell used branded bags?

Need help! My wife wants to sell off her Coach bag. You guys know where to find shops that buy in used branded bags??
Old 18-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #2

Anyone can help?
Old 18-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

ebay rohhhhhhhhhhh

kettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

BAD times mean good times for some retailers.

Just ask the second-hand goods stores now doing brisk business.

Apparently, more people are visiting them these days, both to sell and buy.

Mr Jeremy Taylor, managing director of the Cash Converters chain of stores, noted that even as the world struggled with the financial crash in 'black October', his stores chalked up the highest monthly sales for the year so far.

He said: 'Our five stores had a total of about $900,000 in sales in October. I was surprised because I thought my shops would be impacted by the recession.'

Mr Taylor said the shops have average monthly sales of about $750,000.

'We haven't seen a drop in retail sales. Indeed, we sold a three-carat diamond ring for $27,000 last month.'

Mr Taylor claimed that for jewellery, his shops offer rates that are more competitive than pawnshops, which evaluate jewellery on the weight and purity of gold.

He said: 'We look at something and if it has a high resale value, we pay a good price.'

People who sell them items are mostly heartlanders as the Cash Converters stores are in Housing Board estates, but Mr Taylor also sees white-collar workers in the crowd.

He said: 'We've had people selling two or three bags of golf clubs. The other day, we had one woman who sold four branded handbags that were less than three months old. We paid $400 to $900 for each bag.'

During negotiations, staff usually ask customers why they want to sell the items and sometimes, they reveal they need cash.

In the last two months, Cash Converters' purchase of used goods, which ranges from household items to liquor, rose by 22 per cent.

Some try to sell items that are not in demand, such as handphones without cameras, because they need cash or are upgrading to new phones.

Mr Taylor said: 'If it's an item that has low demand, we'll still buy it but at a low price.'

When The New Paper on Sunday visited the Cash Converters outlet in Toa Payoh on Friday, there were 20 people selling their goods in the one hour that we were there.

Many of the sellers were casually dressed but there were also well-dressed ones, including housewives toting Louis Vuitton and Gucci handbags.

None of them cited cashflow problems as a reason for selling their items.

One finance executive who declined to be named was selling an Osim massager.

Dressed in high heels and a long black dress, she was carrying a Tod's handbag and said she lived in a Novena condominium.

Maximising cashflow

She said: 'The recession hasn't hit me yet. I'm selling this as I'm clearing my home and the rag-and-bone men don't visit my area.'

Another seller, housewife Sylvia Chian, 48, had travelled from her landed home in MacPherson to sell more than 20 CDs.

She said: 'My daughter doesn't watch these any more and it's a waste to throw them away. I got only $34 and it's so little.

'The cashier said the boxed sets are counted as one CD. If I knew, I would have removed the boxes.'

Some companies are also turning to Cash Converters as a means to liquidate their assets.

One company sold 90 laptops to Cash Converters as it was upgrading its staff computers, while other companies have sold fax machines and office chairs to the chain.

Mr Taylor said: 'We're likely to see more corporate sales as companies try to maximise their cashflow during the recession. We'll try to be flexible in what we buy.'

Those dealing in second-hand branded bags are also doing well.

Mr Alvin Chua, who owns Prestige Collector, said business at his shops in Amara Hotel and United Square is as good as before the financial crisis.

He added, however, that it was probably too early for people to feel the impact of the recession.

He said: 'We have a steady stream of clients buying and selling handbags. But if they're affected by the recession, they won't tell us.

'Usually, they'll say they don't like the bag any more or that they want to get a newer bag.'

He said he sells the bags 5 to 30 per cent cheaper than brand-new ones.

Mr Chua added that brands like Chanel, Gucci and Louis Vuitton are popular in his shops.

He said: 'A Hermes Birkin bag would only be about 5 to 10 per cent cheaper than a brand-new one, because of its popularity. Christian Dior and Fendi bags aren't as sellable so I sell such bags at 30 per cent less.'

Ms Julie Er, owner of The Attic Place, which also sells pre-owned branded handbags, said more people are selling their bags than before the recession.

She said: 'Good times, or bad, our business is good. In good times, people sell their old bags to get new ones and in bad times, people buy second-hand bags to save money.'

Ms May Fong, owner of Madam Milan,a shop which sells pre-owned handbags with outlets in Raffles Place and Tanjong Pagar, echoed that, saying: 'Business was slow last month but it's picking up. For those who can't afford a brand-new designer bag, a second-hand one is the next best thing.'

But those dealing in gold items have seen profits drop.

Pure gold currently sells for $44 a gram, down from a peak of $49 a gram.

Mr Lary Liang, who buys second-hand gold for his shop, 1st Jewellery, said: 'I still have up to 20 customers a day - the same as before. But my profit margins are down because gold prices are lower.'

sauce: http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News...111-99717.html
Old 18-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
Great Supremacy Member

you see some shopping centres got those sell pre-owned bags
Old 18-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

hardwarezone ~
Old 18-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

sell at hwz marketplace or ebay .
ninetythree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #8

i'm trying deluxemall.com
jest14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #9
Banned

You can find a complete list of 2nd hand bag shops that sell designer handbags on consignment or preowned below ..

www.2ndhandbagshop.com
rosegarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 06:13 AM   #10

you can try http://bagsXchange.com
a new site and traffice is building up.
most importantly, its FREE!

Last edited by nhc125; 13-10-2011 at 06:58 AM..
nhc125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

just give them to someone that needs them
sweetevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
Banned

Any luck so far?
Digger / Spammer
tinrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #13

You may want to check out PreOwnedBagShops.SG for complete listings of shops that sell used and preowned luxury handbags in Singapore

Some of the popular ones include Madam Milan, Prestige Collector. Recently Paris Station which is a popular chain in Hong Kong also open a store in Singapore
eastcoast0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #14
High Supremacy Member

garang guni loh
kheng86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.