Singapore's Worst Job Agencies

ct2005

Reaction score
Yes, scary but it's the truth.

Quote: 'Anyway, later, going for another job agency at Adecco and will see what happens....ciao!'

Remember, I went to ADECCO and we talked almost 1.5hrs. Next wk, a guy from London(another recruiter) called.(Tele-interview)

Now, almost 2weeks already, still no reply. ADECCO mentioned it's paperwork issues.
Duh...now I waiting and waiting...

Dimitric

Reaction score
ct2005 said:
Yes, scary but it's the truth.

Quote: 'Anyway, later, going for another job agency at Adecco and will see what happens....ciao!'

Remember, I went to ADECCO and we talked almost 1.5hrs. Next wk, a guy from London(another recruiter) called.(Tele-interview)

Now, almost 2weeks already, still no reply. ADECCO mentioned it's paperwork issues.
Duh...now I waiting and waiting...
I think u shd start looking for others instead of waiting. I've fallen into all this waiting game tricks by those HR before n i realised my mistakes. Not to give u cold water of cos as they may get back to u, but it's safer to keep on the job search.
FYI the guy has not replied to me after i have faxed over my pay slip n verbally agreed to the terms. I guess its since march till now. make it worst, it's not from any agency but the MNC itself :) so don't assume MNCs or SMEs may not try the same thing!

vinyong

Banned
Reaction score
Got something to ask those find job by agency...
Today, someone from job agency called me as I applied for a job yesterday.
He told me he had seen my resume and will email back to me once he submit to the company.
Does this mean I got any chance to get the job or normally they say this but nothing happen?

And those apply for what you had learned b4 in school... eg: eletronics...
if you happen long time never touch or learn anything related to it but happen to apply for the job related to this, would the company teach you what to do first then you go on doing? As for me, I learn electrical, score good in it... but happen that almost 2 yrs now that I didnt study electrical but more of Networking... Boardband...I still have the electrical books with me but would it help?

Dimitric

Reaction score
vinyong said:
Got something to ask those find job by agency...
Today, someone from job agency called me as I applied for a job yesterday.
He told me he had seen my resume and will email back to me once he submit to the company.
Does this mean I got any chance to get the job or normally they say this but nothing happen?

And those apply for what you had learned b4 in school... eg: eletronics...
if you happen long time never touch or learn anything related to it but happen to apply for the job related to this, would the company teach you what to do first then you go on doing? As for me, I learn electrical, score good in it... but happen that almost 2 yrs now that I didnt study electrical but more of Networking... Boardband...I still have the electrical books with me but would it help?
this really depends on the agency, on how well they promote u. In my case, out of 10 such cases, I only got 1 called back.

as for what you learnt, my 1st job was totally unrelated to what i'm doing now too. I believe u shd read up more for refreshment, and be more confident in promoting yourself if u r able to get the interview. Its best not to say the killer word "dunno". Results of cos do play a critical part when it comes to when u do not have relevant experience. Hope it helps ;)

vinyong

Banned
Reaction score
Guys... may I ask... would you contact the job agency again after you had applied the job from them?
I applied job two days ago and yesterday they called me saying that they will email me the detail soon. So I am wondering if I got to call them to ask if my rate of success in that job is it high or when having interview?

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why do u wanna ask this? it is just showing ur lack of confidence in urself.
arent u suppoed to do ur best in every opportunity given, every attempt? r u going to do less if u were told that the chance is not high? or not going for the interview at all?

y let all this unnecessary info distract u?

vinyong

Banned
Reaction score
Well... I had sent so many resumes to job agency or company... only a few that reply and some reply saying they will contact me back but dont know when...love those jobs that i applied for but dont know how the chance like. That's why i tot to send email to the job agency to double check.

Entropy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Instead of complaining all day... get a simple job like flyer distribution while you are waiting for proper employment.

mrjack

Banned
Reaction score
hi guys, let me add in one more agency to the list.

this time it is ITCAN.

basically this agency is run by indian nationals who have converted to sgporens few years ago.

although they smile a lot to their job applicants, they will not let you get off their clutches so easily once contract is signed.

according to the employment terms/conditions and practices act, an employee has the right to choose to tender even though his contract is still running by giving notice period to his employer. by doing so, the employee has not in any way and bit, violated the contract.

when i tender my resignation this morning, they gave all sort of excuses saying i cannot resign within my 1 year of contract. they went on saying all agencies in sg have this practice. I have been to countless of agencies and ITCAN is the first to give such a misleading information to me.

They basically disallow me to leave when I have the rights to! why? because they make you work and take most of your pay!

I'm going to contact the ministry of manpower tmr and see what they have to say about this. I know someone said mom is pro-employer and anit-employee but i'm going to take my chances and if things don't turn out the way it should be, then I can, with a clear conscience say FUG you SINKAPORE!

And to those who wish to know how much comission is taken from your salary, it is 1/2 your pay..at least this is true for some agencies.

My ex-colleague is paid 1500 per month and guess who much the client company is paying his agent? Yes, 3000.

Last edited:

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mrjack said:
hi guys, let me add in one more agency to the list.

this time it is ITCAN.

basically this agency is run by indian nationals who have converted to sgporens few years ago.

although they smile a lot to their job applicants, they will not let you get off their clutches so easily once contract is signed.

according to the employment terms/conditions and practices act, an employee has the right to choose to tender even though his contract is still running by giving notice period to his employer. by doing so, the employee has not in any way and bit, violated the contract.

when i tender my resignation this morning, they gave all sort of excuses saying i cannot resign within my 1 year of contract. they went on saying all agencies in sg have this practice. I have been to countless of agencies and ITCAN is the first to give such a misleading information to me.

They basically disallow me to leave when I have the rights to!

I'm going to contact the ministry of manpower tmr and see what they have to say about this. I know someone said mom is pro-employer and anit-employee but i'm going to take my chances and if things don't turn out the way it should be, then I can, with a clear conscience say FUG you SINKAPORE!

And to those who wish to know how much comission is taken from your salary, it is 1/2 your pay..at least this is true for some agencies.

My ex-colleague is paid 1500 per month and guess who much the client company is paying his agent? Yes, 3000.
in ur case, this is outsource staff, headcount not under the employer, but the agency. and, it is not necessary JUST 1/2.
my fren's co outsource 2 stuff to a customer, my fren is drawing 1.5 or at most 1.6K, the other guy at most 2K, guess how much the customer paying the co? 4K per head.

water88

Reaction score
isaac_koh said:
I am not sure whether you all will like this agency called "Speed." They seems good to me and my friends. They provide fast service and you do not need to go down to their office. I have got my past 3 jobs from them. If you interested, pm me lor.. then i give you more info...
Any website? Pls provide more info.

oOgA84

Reaction score
wah..i see those companies stated... i now havin 2nd thoughts on sendin my resume to those companies thru jobstreet.. :/

mrjack

Banned
Reaction score
oOgA84 said:
wah..i see those companies stated... i now havin 2nd thoughts on sendin my resume to those companies thru jobstreet.. :/
just make sure that they are paying you for what you are worthed.. dont let them treat you like a cheap labour.

alex666

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it true that you have to pay the agents % of ur pay if u quit the job before confirmation? What is the normal %?

Kakashi82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alex666 said:
Is it true that you have to pay the agents % of ur pay if u quit the job before confirmation? What is the normal %?

it really depends on the contract, so read carefully before u sign anything with the agency

oOgA84

Reaction score
mrjack said:
just make sure that they are paying you for what you are worthed.. dont let them treat you like a cheap labour.
so wat is basic salary range that one be paid for a it support personnel with 0 work exp (internship counts?? since i have it support exp in internship nia:p )

any idea ?

sorry for askin noobish questions..cos i am very wary of job agencies after see so much hate posts in this thread :X

oOgA84

Reaction score
juz to add on...anyone heard of mass powers services ? it si a recruitment company... is it good

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.