Arsenal FC - Ashburton Grove - Part 10

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not too hyped up about Banega. Good player but was a flop at Inter. Perhaps we don't need someone to play the Santi role. We'll never know what Emery's formation will be. From the first preseason game and perhaps the clash against City then we can tell we need who. For now I think the squad still needs some beefing up in the **. I got a feeling Emery might go with 3 CBs with Lichtsteiner, Mustafi and Sokratis. Something like how Walker operates for England in the 3-man defence. We'll have to wait and see.

numan108

Reaction score
The young Greek defender might get his chance too which is why we have gotten sokratis.

Old Greek to mentor the young Greek.

Monreal might be sold given that he has only one year contract left and good to cash on him. It will be a pity as he is the player of the season for me.

Yeah I'm not too hyped up about Banega. Good player but was a flop at Inter. Perhaps we don't need someone to play the Santi role. We'll never know what Emery's formation will be. From the first preseason game and perhaps the clash against City then we can tell we need who. For now I think the squad still needs some beefing up in the **. I got a feeling Emery might go with 3 CBs with Lichtsteiner, Mustafi and Sokratis. Something like how Walker operates for England in the 3-man defence. We'll have to wait and see.

sephunr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm quite impressed by Torreira. Very disciplined player. No nonsense type.

Sign him up!

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard of any meet the fans this time round for the SG your matched

Enjoyed the puma meet and greet the last time (met w Monreal and Bellerin)

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.arsenal.com/news/lucas-torreira-join-arsenal

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So Torreira is settled

Report says 55k per week only

Willshere off to West Ham. That frees up 110k per week

Next step is to get Ramsey to sign his new contract

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.arsenal.com/news/lucas-torreira-join-arsenal

Awesome signing! So far I am extremely satisfied with the signings. Will be awesome if we can get 1 more good wingers. If cannot, then I don’t mind seeing some youngsters

Our next year lineup

Leno
Bellerin Mustafi Papastathopoulos Kolasinic
Torriera
Ramsey Xhaka
Mkhitayan Ozil
Abumeyang

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leno
Bellerin Mustafi Papastathopoulos Kolasinic
Torriera
Ramsey Ozil
Mkhitayan Abumenyang
Lacazette

Damn exciting

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think ok because Mkhitayan and Ozil can play there. The last time wenger signs a world class dm, arsenal won’t the premier league

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like one of the bros said here, he nullified Ronaldo in the R16 and took almost all of Uruguay’s set pieces. Definitely a talent. Surprised we gotten him at a bargain in the current market.

But then again it depends how Emery uses him also. If Wenger was still in charge I’m sure he’ll implore Torreira to attack more and then his weaknesses will be in show. Like how Wenger did to the MF destroyer Coquelin. Hope Emery plays him as the anchor only. Then maybe play Ramsey as the box-to-box CM with Ozil getting the freedom to roam behind the front 3.

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So Torreira is settled

Report says 55k per week only

Willshere off to West Ham. That frees up 110k per week

Next step is to get Ramsey to sign his new contract

Still shocked about the whole Wilshere situation. Seems like Pep was right all those years ago sia. Wilshere is a just good player. But doesn’t stand out when compared to the youngsters at the Catalan youth team.

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And wtf Ronaldo off to Juve for 88m pounds. Done deal. This transfer will have a huge impact for other big potential transfers like Hazard, Neymar, Mbappe and etc. For once we are not involved and can sit back and get the players we need that are not influenced by this saga.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.