HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 21

Like Tree188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2017, 06:54 PM   #5686
Arch-Supremacy Member

Leadership qualities besides other things. Not a trick suggestion or statement.

Just my opinion.

If he is too young and I experience how do u know he is captain material? Is this trick suggestion?
trickle_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #5687
Arch-Supremacy Member

All the possible captains, Hendo, Lallana, Can, cannot also be confirmed starters.

Matip is a possibility but not sure whether he is suitable (in terms of locker room respect).
Best 1st team based on what I saw so far:
- Mane, Salah, Mr F, Emre, Banana, Cout, Matip, Lorven, Robertson, Clyne, Simon.

If there is a Capt replacement, Banana will most probably get it.
Medicated Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 07:22 PM   #5688
Supremacy Member

Don't think the club will buy any CB/Defender coming jan transfer windows right? That will be seriously going to be a long hard season ....... for the forward players. Can imagine how they feel when they trying so hard to score goals and the opponents can score goals easily without trying hard to achieve that
cybertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 07:31 PM   #5689
Arch-Supremacy Member

Capt?? I nominate firmino since coutinho is many ppl poison. But they England language no good... so lallana becomes a fav choice. I ok, jus that sometimes he too hot head.
begintoend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 07:42 PM   #5690
Arch-Supremacy Member

We only know their on field performance but we don't know their locker room influence at all.

Wij as captain? Instill confidence? Confidence to perform or Confidence to disappear?

I rather firmino gets the arm band...he's been really hardworking week in, week out. Even when our team performs badly, he is one of the few to maintain high individual performance.
and also "a slap in the face" notion to coutinho
Henabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 07:46 PM   #5691
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't think the club will buy any CB/Defender coming jan transfer windows right? That will be seriously going to be a long hard season ....... for the forward players. Can imagine how they feel when they trying so hard to score goals and the opponents can score goals easily without trying hard to achieve that
The first goal by Sevilla was really '$*$&$;@;*@(@=/&&@^@

Moreno was man marking Sevilla Ben Yedder all the while... then for a split second, he decided to switch off and allowed Ben to get a step ahead and left completely unmarked for an easy goal
Medicated Oil likes this.
Old 14-09-2017, 07:55 PM   #5692
Arch-Supremacy Member

The first goal by Sevilla was really '$*$&$;@;*@(@=/&&@^@

Moreno was man marking Sevilla Ben Yedder all the while... then for a split second, he decided to switch off and allowed Ben to get a step ahead and left completely unmarked for an easy goal
Sorry I wanna say pls pin massive responsibility on matip and lovren for allowing the ball to reach the centre of the box before blaming Moreno.
begintoend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 08:02 PM   #5693
Arch-Supremacy Member

We dun have a choice.
As you mentioned, if you are Mane, you run half a pitch and score a beautiful goal and your buddy, Lorven let in a lousy goal, how would you feel ?
Unless there is a strong U23 defender, then the CB is rotated between three players who are not strong or consistent at the moment.
We need to buy at least 2 competent and physical CB if we seriously want to remain in top 4 for the end of the season.
We are at 8/40 for goal allowed now.
Old 14-09-2017, 08:07 PM   #5694
High Supremacy Member

Captain has to be someone undisputed in the first xi.

Seriously we sold sakho when we should have sold lovren. No brainer which one is a shittier defender.
bwaysaibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 08:32 PM   #5695
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry I wanna say pls pin massive responsibility on matip and lovren for allowing the ball to reach the centre of the box before blaming Moreno.
Still as the defender who was man marking Yeddar all the while... he suddenly switched off at such a crucial moment when the cross was coming in... should shoulder a far bigger blame than matip and Lovren
Old 14-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #5696
Arch-Supremacy Member

Captain has to be someone undisputed in the first xi.

Seriously we sold sakho when we should have sold lovren. No brainer which one is a shittier defender.
You posted a good question.
Sakho was needed by CP to save their manager.
But, he went in too late to do it.
As for Lorven, we are paying him high salary every week.
Dun think any clubs want to buy him now.
He will be like Lazar.
Old 14-09-2017, 11:04 PM   #5697
Supremacy Member

i think we just need a solid DM to solve our defensive problem. if no solid DM, no matter how world class our defenders are, they will just look bad.
I agree with u, actually Klopp style of play really need a DM to mop up opponent counter when we lose possession.. we should not have sold Lucas

our midfield will be better if it is Wij - Lucas - Can coz Lucas positioning and tackling is better than Hendie
messi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 11:08 PM   #5698
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-ze...rison-11168651

Some stats with some pinch of salt.

Allen would have done a better job than Hendo.
At least in getting back possession.
Old 14-09-2017, 11:28 PM   #5699
Arch-Supremacy Member

I agree with u, actually Klopp style of play really need a DM to mop up opponent counter when we lose possession.. we should not have sold Lucas

our midfield will be better if it is Wij - Lucas - Can coz Lucas positioning and tackling is better than Hendie
We just need a Matic or a Kante. Actually Obiang or maybe just get Nzonzi from Sevilla
relaxlabrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 07:20 AM   #5700
Supremacy Member

Food for thought

s7460597 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.