Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TBH, both Juve and RM not riding on good form in their domestic leagues. Could be a double edge sword whereby they bring their purple patch along to CL OR they may step up their game and forgo domestic league, but that being said, domestic league is still bread and butter so who knows? :s8:

I'll say bring the big guns! :s12:

totally agree. just bring the big teams on. That's where Liverpool belongs.

but first... let's makan EVERTON! :D

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
at least he has the bravery to come off his line. such bravery is needed. mig don't have

True... admire this action of Karius trying to challenge the ball but nah... still a mistake at best! Maybe it did scare the sh!t out of the SM attackers by doing that challenge!!!

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
mind your words. young man. you wanna be kbw, go elsewhere.

at least he has the bravery to come off the line, well... for this case way off his line. but it was probably in case gomez loses the Spartak man and it becomes a 1-v-1 situation.

If we look carefully at the replay, Gomez was half-step ahead of the spartak player (On gomez right side) but the ball hit Gomez's right leg, with the spartak player just on Gomez right side

in normal counter-attack situation, if the spartak player is able to catch the rebound, he will definitely move the ball to the right side of the field, which at the point of time was completely empty, make full sprint ahead, create a 1-v-1 situation and score.

or... let's apply the 60/60 hindsight:
let's say Karius stay put, gomez miss-timed the flight of the ball and failed to intercept the ball, spartak player raced ahead, it becomes a 1-v-1 situation and Spartak scored. Spartak sensed a lifeline and start a fightback.

Or worst case, it becomes a 1-v-1 situation, karius comes off the line, foul the player within the box, karius sent off, Liverpool down to 10-men, PK awarded, Spartak scored. Spartak sensed a lifeline and start a fightback.

Which one would you prefer?

yes, mistakes were made in the process but always remember that Klopp want our players to be brave, take chances, make mistakes. And then improve. Our front four is so deadly now because they dare to take chances, any chances, to score. they are not afraid to make mistakes.

Plus karius is still a young GK. and so many of us here are so unhappy with mig.
if Karius don't take the chances to do what a GK is supposed to do and make mistakes, how then could he improve himself to become a better gk? how then can he dethrone Mig? how then can he become the world-class GK we supporters have been DYING to have?

If we wanna talk about silly tackles... lets talk about Emre Can's crazy two-legged sliding tackle around the 6th min.
this is not the first time Emre Can has made such dangerous tackles. He was absolutely lucky to just walk away with a yellow. other days, it could have been a straight red. cuz as he went in for that 50/50 tackle, his right leg was at a higher position.

I guess we have a term for this.
A "Mignolet" moment ?
Maybe drink the same water bottle with Simon.
We celebrate today with our beer and coke !!!
Cheers !!!

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
totally agree. just bring the big teams on. That's where Liverpool belongs.

but first... let's makan EVERTON! :D

One match at a time.
I dunno how many changes will Klopp ring for this match.
Rob ? Oxy ? Hendo ? Solanke ? DS ? TAA ? Grujic ? Banana ?
He may rest Cout, Can, Gomez and Mane.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True... admire this action of Karius trying to challenge the ball but nah... still a mistake at best! Maybe it did scare the sh!t out of the SM attackers by doing that challenge!!!

I'm sure it did. And I'm pretty sure it scared the sh¡t outta our back four as well.

reds_gab

Reaction score
With our form now, no matter who gets rotated in, they are likely to play well to Klopp's systems (barring a few debatable decisions like Karius', defensive lapses and last ditch tackles). 3-4-3, 4-4-2, 4-2-4 or 4-3-3, they seem ready .

And the best part is, the siao lang are staying away from our Liverpool forum

Last edited:

econsmagic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Excellent result.. bring on the big guns, rm and bayern would be good. Maybe we can go to finals

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

econsmagic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long we do not suffer loss of form in jan and feb we should be all right

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess we have a term for this.
A "Mignolet" moment ?
Maybe drink the same water bottle with Simon.
We celebrate today with our beer and coke !!!
Cheers !!!

Mai la... mig could have gotten himself sent off and even injure himself

Not sure if anyone feel similarly as me... but I see a bit of reina in Karius. Especially after Karius caught the ball, a couple of times he released the ball out to quickly kickstart Liverpool attack, not allowing Spartan players to regroup properly

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woah, woah, woah
We've got the best attack in the world.
we've got Bobby firmino, Mohd salah, sadio mane, and Phil coutinho!

I look forward to this chant! Haha!

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stick to it. It was pure stupid. If migs had done absolutely the same thing, he would have been slaughtered in every forum. Migs did similar in previous cases and got away similarly, they were all stupid, not bravery.

Every player does something wrong and stupid in all matches. Getting pointed out is obvious. That is not saying karius was bad. Bravery is not the new stupid.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Mai la... mig could have gotten himself sent off and even injure himself

Not sure if anyone feel similarly as me... but I see a bit of reina in Karius. Especially after Karius caught the ball, a couple of times he released the ball out to quickly kickstart Liverpool attack, not allowing Spartan players to regroup properly

If you take note of the highlight, his grip after saving the ball is not good.
If there is any striker that is sharp enough to react, he will spring on the loose ball.

At least Lorven seems to be more steady with two gatekeeper in front.
Klavan is doing all the physical dirty work for him.

Last edited:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whether it's bravery or stupidity, it put a complete fullstop to Spartak attack.

Karius took one for the team. Probably in the process of this "stupidity", Karius also let his four defenders know:
"Don't worry if you make a mistake and lost your man, I will be there to stop it at all cost."

deadguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Karius' coming out off his line is stupid. No 2-way about it. He's nowhere near the ball and was saved by the offside flag/Gomez.

On another note, Gomez at RB is looking really good. If Clyne is not injured and TAA don't screw up, could we see him send out on loan or rot in U23?

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Karius' coming out off his line is stupid. No 2-way about it. He's nowhere near the ball and was saved by the offside flag/Gomez.

On another note, Gomez at RB is looking really good. If Clyne is not injured and TAA don't screw up, could we see him send out on loan or rot in U23?

Why would we send Gomez out on loan when we need him as sub for fullback or centreback?

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The complete and comprehensive victory only goes to show that rotation was the right policy.

If we can go through the entire December unbeaten, I feel we would enter 2018 on a good run of form which might lead to us actually challenging for CL or the league title.

Reaction score
The complete and comprehensive victory only goes to show that rotation was the right policy.

If we can go through the entire December unbeaten, I feel we would enter 2018 on a good run of form which might lead to us actually challenging for CL or the league title.

League title suan le...

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

that's a tough call. both TAA and Gomez are developing well and doing their best whenever opportunities knock on their doors.

Carnage is right as well... don't make sense to loan out TAA or Gomez when our CBs are not very good and consistent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.