HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 22

Like Tree234Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2018, 01:28 PM   #5431
Master Member

I thought last night's game was Karius best game for us. He made a couple of crucial saves for us and help protect our lead. Give credit when credit is due.
I'm not a fan of his, and the only way to change my mind is he perform consistently (season after season).
Remember Mignolet also help us to our 4th spot last season with a number of crucial saves too, look at him this season...

So lets see how Karius fare at the end of this season.
Agreed. Now that Klopp has decided to keep him as number 1, then let's just see what happen from now till the end of the season.

So far, he seems to be improving with every game. So maybe he just needs to be playing consistently. But still a long way to reach de Gea or Courtois standard.
cwcyenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 02:27 PM   #5432
High Supremacy Member

Agreed. Now that Klopp has decided to keep him as number 1, then let's just see what happen from now till the end of the season.

So far, he seems to be improving with every game. So maybe he just needs to be playing consistently. But still a long way to reach de Gea or Courtois standard.
Tbh if he can improve until early Reina lvl can Liao I don't expect him to be de Gea lvl

Best we can do is splash money on either Allison or the dream oblak in summer but Guess both highly impossible as Klopp seems to prefer his compatriot a lot lol

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]Quote of the year :[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]"Godamnit don't waste my bloody time if you are not interested."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
evilduxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 02:54 PM   #5433
Supremacy Member

Tbh if he can improve until early Reina lvl can Liao I don't expect him to be de Gea lvl

Best we can do is splash money on either Allison or the dream oblak in summer but Guess both highly impossible as Klopp seems to prefer his compatriot a lot lol
Reina (at his peak) > De Gea
Old 13-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #5434
Arch-Supremacy Member

Aurelio damn classy left back. Wasted he couldn't cement his place due to his injuries. Think Kewell is our worst. At least Sturridge and aurelio had sustained runs. Kewell like totally Mia..
Kewell is only fit during the final to receive his winner medal.
He is keeping the MO and the nurses employed and busy throughout the season.
Medicated Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #5435
High Supremacy Member

Reina (at his peak) > De Gea
Distribution yes

Goals saving not too sure de Gea has some godlike saves which till now I don't really see anyone replicating it except for oblak

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]Quote of the year :[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"]"Godamnit don't waste my bloody time if you are not interested."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
evilduxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #5436
Arch-Supremacy Member

Kewell is only fit during the final to receive his winner medal.
He is keeping the MO and the nurses employed and busy throughout the season.
There was once our board wanna charge Kewell with manningering! Not sure how the case outcome?
Old 13-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #5437
Supremacy Member

Distribution yes

Goals saving not too sure de Gea has some godlike saves which till now I don't really see anyone replicating it except for oblak
Reina in his early years was famed for his saves as well. He was one of the main reasons why we were a defensive rock back then. Add in to the fact that he can also organize the defence, position himself well, distribute accurately, can play the sweeper role well, and came with a reputation for saving penalties. He and Cech (who was also better back then) were always locked at horns with each other for the golden gloves award, in which he won 3. Cech won 4. Unfortunately, Reina's eventual decline coincided with Liverpool's but that's another story.

If the current in-form De Gea came into that era, he *may* displace Van der Sar at his **** club but he would be hard-pressed to compete with these 2 at that time.

Even so, take a look at http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Premier_League_Golden_Glove. Do you see his name there?
Henabi likes this.
Old 13-02-2018, 04:46 PM   #5438
Great Supremacy Member

Reina in his early years was famed for his saves as well. He was one of the main reasons why we were a defensive rock back then. Add in to the fact that he can also organize the defence, position himself well, distribute accurately, can play the sweeper role well, and came with a reputation for saving penalties. He and Cech (who was also better back then) were always locked at horns with each other for the golden gloves award, in which he won 3. Cech won 4. Unfortunately, Reina's eventual decline coincided with Liverpool's but that's another story.

If the current in-form De Gea came into that era, he *may* displace Van der Sar at his **** club but he would be hard-pressed to compete with these 2 at that time.

Even so, take a look at http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Premier_League_Golden_Glove. Do you see his name there?
Reina is still regarded as a top gk now

Sent from SINKIE PAWN SINKIE using GAGT
ParkJinYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #5439
Supremacy Member

I support the idea of keeping Karius as GK for all of the games until end of season. No point keep changing GK for different matches, not only the GK and defenders confused, we fans also confused
cybertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 07:10 PM   #5440

Karius needs the play time in both UCL and PL. Looks good for now, improving and adapting to English game a lot better than when he first came in. If by end of season still got butter fingers, then it's time for a change. Migs too much chances given liao, not that we dun give chance, but the goals he let in from his mistakes are pretty much his final nail in the coffin, esp the goals from the last Arsenal match

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT
Jordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 09:22 PM   #5441
High Supremacy Member

Karius needs the play time in both UCL and PL. Looks good for now, improving and adapting to English game a lot better than when he first came in. If by end of season still got butter fingers, then it's time for a change. Migs too much chances given liao, not that we dun give chance, but the goals he let in from his mistakes are pretty much his final nail in the coffin, esp the goals from the last Arsenal match

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT
ah klopp still not decided which keeper should start against porto !!!!
daylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #5442
Great Supremacy Member

ah klopp still not decided which keeper should start against porto !!!!
I tink he said Karius liao

Sent from SINKIE PAWN SINKIE using GAGT
ParkJinYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 09:59 PM   #5443
Master Member

Reina is a better all round keeper than De Gay. Don't forget the number of penalties he saved and his contribution to goals with his drop kicks.
hardtounderstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 10:05 PM   #5444
Master Member

Liverpool's squad for the Porto game - source

Jürgen Klopp will lead a 25-man travelling party out to Portugal this afternoon with Liverpool set to take part in a European training camp following their Champions League last-16 first-leg meeting with Porto.

The Reds face Sergio Conceicao’s team at Estadio do Dragao on Wednesday evening but then won't play again until taking on West Ham United in the Premier League at Anfield on February 24.

For that reason, Klopp has named a bumper squad for today’s trip, with Emre Can included despite his one-match Champions League suspension.

Joe Gomez, who has missed the last two outings through injury, is also included in the selection.

Liverpool squad in full: Karius, Mignolet, Ward, Grabara, Clyne, Van Dijk, Lovren, Gomez, Klavan, Moreno, Robertson, Matip, Alexander-Arnold, Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson, Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Can, Woodburn, Firmino, Salah, Mane, Ings, Solanke.

Clyne is included for the game.
Old 13-02-2018, 10:08 PM   #5445
Master Member

Premier League clubs paid out a staggering £134m in wages to injured players in first-half of season - source

I bet DS contributed 90% of those injuries stat of our team....glad to see the back of him this season.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.